Sam McCallum injury (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

Looks like he did his knee yesterday. Surely not another ACL. Didn’t see any comment on it did I miss it?

SkyBlueScottie

Not been mentioned yet, but it didn't look good. Usually with such things if it requires a scan etc they wait a few days for the swelling to subside.

larry_david

I'm sure he'll be fine. There's an acl fear going round at the moment but I thought he just landed heavily? Played quite well. Like Mason looks 10 times better than last season

Nick

Administrator
At the time it looked bad judging by the look on his face and the physio.

He sat on the bench though rather than going down the tunnel so would have thought it isn't as serious.

Irish Sky Blue

I seen Jobello coming down the steps from the stand on Sunday. No limp or any walking impediment. He surely can't have had the op yet if that is the case?

CJ_covblaze

For my first I couldn’t get an op for a while but it can be done sooner. For the next one I had an MRI a few hours after I did it and was under the knife the next morning.

skybluesam66

I would say we have had more ACL injuries in the last 2 years than the previous 40
Graham oakey and Danny Thomas (albeit after he left) being 2 that spring to mind - but not that many others I can think of

better days

There is discussion about the number of players who sustain ACL injuries while wearing Nike boots
Probably needs a full study to see if there is anything in it

no_loyalty

If he is out for a while, wonder if we have a recall option on Brown?

Esoterica

I would say we have had more ACL injuries in the last 2 years than the previous 40
Graham oakey and Danny Thomas (albeit after he left) being 2 that spring to mind - but not that many others I can think of
Stewart Robson, Lee Hurst? Not 100% sure they were ACLs but as they were both effectively career ending, I'd guess they were. I've a feeling injuries are reported on in greater detail these days. Would have just been a 'knee injury' 20+ years ago.

Limey

Is it possible to have a small ACL tear without need for an op? Keeping fingers crossed Jobello falls into that category.

CJ_covblaze

Is it possible to have a small ACL tear without need for an op? Keeping fingers crossed Jobello falls into that category.

Yes but it's unlikely you could play professional football.

Users who are viewing this thread