salford city (1 Viewer)

skybluesam66

Top of the national league
can see them being Championship in 5 years - how far can they go?
shrewd investment by the class of 92

CJ_covblaze

Agree with that! Hardly living within their means, will be interesting if they need to live within ffp

They’ve got plenty of businesses between them that will ensure they’ll stay within SCMP. It’s wrong but the rules aren’t watertight.

Terry Gibson's perm

I like it they have money and are spending it just because Sisu think it’s a business that needs to break even doesn’t mean that everybody has to live like it.

Terry Gibson's perm

Leyton Orient loved it too.

Are we going to go through this again, it’s their money to do with what they want and it has nothing to do with the football league how they spend it, ffp mainly suits well established teams keep at the top and doesn’t allow up and coming teams with rich owners to catch them up, I hope they storm the league but think their limit is league one

scottccfc

I've noticed since Salfords "rise" it has also coincided with the "fall" of FCUM, Typifies the Glory hunting Mancs wont be long till the jump ship and support the next up and coming team from the area

CJ_covblaze

Sick Boy

The plastic Mancs I work with (Brighton born and bred) actually started a discussion amongst themselves the other day about switching to Salford.

SlowerThanPlatt

I've noticed since Salfords "rise" it has also coincided with the "fall" of FCUM, Typifies the Glory hunting Mancs wont be long till the jump ship and support the next up and coming team from the area
I don’t have a problem with the fans from Manchester, it’s their local club and just happens to be the biggest in England. I have a problem with the ones who have no connection with Manchester and take the piss out of their local club

I doubt the glory hunters even know who Salford and FCUM are

Otis

I don’t have a problem with the fans from Manchester, it’s their local club and just happens to be the biggest in England. I have a problem with the ones who have no connection with Manchester and take the piss out of their local club

I doubt the glory hunters even know who Salford and FCUM are
Well, FCUM is short for F*ck Um surely isn't it?

SlowerThanPlatt

That wasn’t even their largest crowd of the season. They had 3,500 against Chesterfield but I’m guessing Chesterfield travelled in numbers. 3,000 against Barrow too.

Some League One clubs struggle for that

no_loyalty

Salford undefeated and 5th in league two have sacked Graham Alexander. Paul Scholes appointed as interim manager.

Liquid Gold

Anybody reckon this could be a cost cutting measure? They can't be spunking loads now they have to go through FFP so they just got one of the owners to manage for free for a bit.

Terry Gibson's perm

Anybody reckon this could be a cost cutting measure? They can't be spunking loads now they have to go through FFP so they just got one of the owners to manage for free for a bit.

They have said the new man will be in place in a month, was it a coincidence that Roy Keane watched the last match? If they think they have had it bad under Alexander they should hire Russell Slade and see how they enjoy that, or Phil Neville

Users who are viewing this thread