Sad To See Them Go (1 Viewer)

For this week's Cooks Question, in the week of On Direction's inpending 'break', i want to know the players you were sad to see leave the sky blues. Dont worry next week i'll be doing a turn around version of this question. Dont get me wrong, i bloody glad 1D are pissing off, just thought i could link it in with this week's question. You can catch me live on Sports Lounge every Thursday from 10am-12 noon on 98.6 Hillz FM, www.hillzfm.co.uk or via the Tune In Radio App. You can also catch the show on demand from Thursday evening via www.mixcloud.com/liamcook

skybluepm2

Good question Liam. Off the top of my head; Thompson, Keane, McCallister, Huckerby, Kirkland, Hadji and more recently McGoldrick (even though he wasn't ours), King and the Juke (effectively ended our hopes of staying in the championship). Plus Wilson of course!

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Callum Davenport was the first one i was sad to see leave (only started going in 2002) since then Mcsheffrey, Westwood, Dann, Fox, Ward, King(was manly anger with the way it went down) Moussa and Wilson

bringbackrattles

Been so many over the years but remember being upset as a kid when George Hudson left.Dennis Mortimer going to Villa was a boot in the nuts as it was a shock.To be honest any decent player leaving us is never a good feeling unless it's Kevin Kyle,but then he wasn't any good but you know what I mean !

covboy9

prem Gallacher, speedie, borrows, ndlovu, dublin, boateng, aloisi, keane,huckerby, kirkland

champ eustace, thompson, davenport, carsley, dann, fox, westwood, gunnarson, bigi, keogh

league 1 wlson, murphy, moussa, christie,

DazzleTommyDazzle

Worst one for me was Dennis Mortimer - ruined Christmas that year!

Didn't help when he was picking up the European Cup for Villa a few years later either.....

shmmeee

Kevin Gallagher: he was my first ever favourite player. Still remember feeling gutted when I read we had sold him.

Was also gutted to lose Keane and Wilson when we did, but a bit older then and not surprised.

fernandopartridge

I suppose in a sentimental way the saddest one is Ndlovu. Served the club very well for years but he just wasn't in favour with Strachan. In modern terms he was a long servant and always gave his all but had some real quality as well.

He was no Eoin Jess though.

Sky Blue Harry H

Worst one for me was Dennis Mortimer - ruined Christmas that year!

Didn't help when he was picking up the European Cup for Villa a few years later either.....

Never felt right seeing Tommy Hutchison playing for Man City either - just felt wrong!
(as it did seeing Hadji & Dion in Villa shirts - actually, that was just plain annoying)

skybluelee

I was inconsolable as a young child when Terry Gibson left. I was also gutted when Speedie, Gallacher and Dion left.

malkitccfc

Been going for about 10 years. McSheffrey leaving (the first time) was the most upsetting. Keiran Westwood also.

Covstu

Keane was always expected so I could understand that one. Dublin and boateng were the two that hurt

Bill Glazier

Bobby Gould, to Arsenal I think, but the biggest loss was not a player but Jimmy Hill. Left before we started our Div 1 career - arguably the start of the rot!!

lifeskyblue

Babb, Kirkland and Dublin are three that stick out. When I was younger it was Tudor and Mortimer followed by Wallace. Bit to be honest I've always been more concerned with who has come in rather than who has left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lifeskyblue

And I nearly forgot Ben turner. He had a bit of a shaky start and then a good spell....I really thought he had a promising future before injury and his move to Cardiff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcbean

yea loads of people were good when they were here Hadji and Chippo - Wisey really shook the team up and got the discipline back - Callum of course - got the speed and he was ours - Armstrong has it

stupot07

Ndlovu, Dublin, Davenport, Keane, Fox, Westwood, Gunnarsson, Boateng, Sheffers (first time)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Ohh, I was gutted when we lost Stuart Pearce too.

Would have loved to have seen him play for England as a City player.

Terry Gibson's perm

Terry Gibson
Kevin Gallacher
Phil Babb

John Sillett should not have been removed at that stage

Users who are viewing this thread