Sad day (1 Viewer)

kdrinkell

I heard that Jimmy Hill has gone into care yesterday,sad day

harvey098

Best wishes Jimmy, I'm only 20 so missed the JH revolution but I suppose he has shaped 90% of what I know now as Coventry City

skyblueinBaku

A sad day that has put a real damper on the optimism I was beginning to feel. Best wishes, JH; I'm sorry that CCFC is back where you found us.

superskyblue

Very sad indeed.

I hope this thread doesn't get ruined by disrespectful posts from supporters of other clubs namely Sunderland.. I think moderators need to be hot on this as it's inevitably going to happen.

sky_blue_up_north

Jim will always be the greatest ever Coventry manager, just look at what he did for this club in just a few short year. I was just 11 when we got promoted to League One, will never forget the Wolves games and all the great times he brought to our club. Without him we would never have been the club we are today, we would have been more like a Notts County, Port Vale type. So glad he was able to the statue in his honour, great man.

Leamington Pete

Apologies for my first post on here being negative, but has this news been officially announced or has it come second hand? Patient confidentiality and all that, not forgetting poor old Jimmy's dignity.

Macca

Best wishes Jimmy, I'm only 20 so missed the JH revolution but I suppose he has shaped 90% of what I know now as Coventry City

The greatest tribute to jh is that what we loosely describe as Coventry city now has 0% relation to what he created

blueflint

great man my thoughts are with him and his family i remember the revolution

Otis

Time to put tin hats on and wait for the Sunderland mong onslaught.

A few talked about dancing on his grave last time, so expect more of the same. :(

Macca

Time to put tin hats on and wait for the Sunderland mong onslaught.

A few talked about dancing on his grave last time, so expect more of the same. :(

Despite most of them not really knowing why they were saying it even

TheSnoz

As I understood it, Jimmy has a form of dementia, possibly Alzheimers. He won't be getting better. When he was here for the statue unveiling he was obviously showing signs of it. But with his family and friends around him he could get by for a while, but there comes a time when it becomes impossible. A horrible disease.
Often sufferers live somewhere in the past, hopefully Jimmy is back in 1967 and reliving some of the terrific times he brought us. A true man of the people.

Users who are viewing this thread