Ryan Reynolds investing in (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Wrexham apparantly... 2020 is Some year 😂😂

Sky_Blue_Daz

Along with mac from it’s always sunny in Philadelphia, going to be sponsored by wolf cola

no_loyalty

Takeover agreed by majority vote, by the Wrexham trust.

chiefdave

Weren't they fan owned? You can't have supporters banging on about needing fan ownership if clubs that achieve that like Pompey sell up as soon as someone with a bit of cash takes an interest.

ajsccfc

A Netflix series by the sound of it. If they're making inroads into English football our stadium situation has Charlie Work written all over it

Grendel

A Netflix series by the sound of it. If they're making inroads into English football our stadium situation has Charlie Work written all over it

yep it’s netflix and has disaster written all over it

CJ_covblaze

Weren't they fan owned? You can't have supporters banging on about needing fan ownership if clubs that achieve that like Pompey sell up as soon as someone with a bit of cash takes an interest.

In some cases it’s worked. Wycombe’s Trust sold to an investor but retained a 20% stake in the club, 100% ownership of the stadium and two seats on the board with full voting rights. Not sure what the make up of the Wrexham deal is though.

skyblue1991

Well, my missus has just become a Wrexham fan...

Things were much better when she fantasised about Matty Godden!

SkyBlueCharlie9

Wrexham is my mum's team and I have loads of family living there. They are all super excited after 12+ years in non-league and fans running them have worked hard. A very old proud club 1864 or something and got to QF of Uefa cup in early 80s. Good luck to them but 100% sale is risky. New owners say gonna make them a Global power in game.....🤔🤣

Nick

Administrator
Wrexham is my mum's team and I have loads of family living there. They are all super excited after 12+ years in non-league and fans running them have worked hard. A very old proud club 1864 or something and got to QF of Uefa cup in early 80s. Good luck to them but 100% sale is risky. New owners say gonna make them a Global power in game.....🤔🤣

Doing all that off £2m?

I am sure Salford have had more than £2m to make them into a mid table L2 side.

stay_up_skyblues

You’d think Netflix are paying 10x what they’re proposing to invest just for the rights for the documentary. Wonder whether that’s to the club or Ryan Reynolds’ company 🤔

shmmeee

Reynolds always comes across as a genuinely good guy. Will be interesting to see what happens here.

Users who are viewing this thread