Ryan Haynes and George Thomas to Blackburn (1 Viewer)

Cranfield Sky Blue

Got a text from ex work colleague saying this. He is a big Blackburn fan, his son played for the academy. I have no further info than that, so don't hang me!!

PUSB

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Mowbray may not have played Thomas but I'm sure he won't have failed to have noticed how he came on over the remainder of the season.

Not sure what thomas' views on Mowbray would be if he was overlooked too quickly, but he may just see it as an opportunity to stay in League One, under fruit loop owners. Like home from home really :)

oucho

Believe it when it happens. Mogga definitely never rated Haynes.

Adge

Good move for Haynes if true! Couldn't do it in League one last year but gets another gig in league 1?o_O

Liquid Gold

No chance. Someone down the pub has put 2 and 2 together and got nothing. Two out of contract players does not equal going to join previous manager.

StevieM

Wasn't it Mowbray who said of Haynes, " He really needs to decide if he wants to be a footballer or not", what ever he mean't by that I'm pretty sure it wasn't complimentary?

Otis

Wasn't it Mowbray who said of Haynes, " He really needs to decide if he wants to be a footballer or not", what ever he mean't by that I'm pretty sure it wasn't complimentary?
Well obviously 'not' and that's why he apparently wants to sign him. ;)

SkyBlueScottie

I think it was Venus who actually said that, but Mowbray said something similar...

covcity4life

Genuinely, I was about to type that word for word.
because you are predictable and boring

it was the masterstroke of the yeovil loan that made thomas the player he is today. not hoofball under slade. he would have had 17-18 goals had robins took over instead of RS

mowbray was patient with g thomas and george should be eternally grateful to him

that said i hope he stays as he can have a 20 goal season in league 2

dont really care about haynes

oucho

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

it was the masterstroke of the yeovil loan that made thomas the player he is today. not hoofball under slade. he would have had 17-18 goals had robins took over instead of RS

mowbray was patient with g thomas and george should be eternally grateful to him

About as predictable as your meltdown just then.

Grendel

The Yeovil loan was the season before last and his performances under Mowbray this season were generally seen as ineffective. I doubt he'd have featured under Mowbray at all.

oucho

The Yeovil loan was the season before last and his performances under Mowbray this season were generally seen as ineffective. I doubt he'd have featured under Mowbray at all.
I remember feeling at the end of the 2015-16 season that if Haynes was out of contract, TM would have released him.

steve82

TM was very Patient with George he dropped him from the match day squad and brought Andre Wright in to the 18.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covcity4life

and it worked out well didnt it? we won our silverware with g thomas coming from patient build isntead of theo walcott like thrust into first team

with andre wright loan ending we got relegated i noticed

ahh the messiah

covcity4life

You know what. I'm not bothered it George Thomas goes. Did fuck all for half the season and improved a bit towards the end.

yeah, the worry is though that he continues the good form now. would be ideal if it was for us.

near end he was doing 360 pirouettes successfully and stuff, had real confidence

Nick

Administrator
You know what. I'm not bothered it George Thomas goes. Did fuck all for half the season and improved a bit towards the end.

Just depends who replaces him. I have more confidence in Robins (I guess he has already signed Vincente) to not mess about replacing him.

AlansEyes

I'd like Thomas to stay but if he was to go £500k wouldn't be a bad deal at all. For the bulk of last season I thought he lacked the pace to make a real impact at League One level, so I would be very surprised to see him move to Leicester or Swansea and make it into the first team (but I am very happy to be proven wrong).

hill83

near end he was doing 360 pirouettes successfully

giphy.webp

Users who are viewing this thread