RWC 2011 Anyone...? (1 Viewer)

bishbosh

Just wondered if anyone will be following this.

It's obviously very much at the forefront of my days down here in Aotearoa, but I am also a rugby fan anyway so I'd watch it anyway. Have tickets to England v Scotland on Oct 1st.

I think though it is the All Blacks to lose (again) but those Aussies look like they may be coming into form at the right time.

Come on England!

ICHAN

Yeah i'll be following it.
My neighbour won tickets to all the england games all expenses paid jammy :censored:.
Come on England.:claping hands:

Covstu

yes cannot wait, i think England have a real chance. The all blacks looks as strong as usual but they always fluff it at the big stage.

Marty

I'll be watching it too, quite enjoy rugby, although i'm not a fan of any team, have to say I like rugby league more. ;)

Sky Blue M

Im looking forward to the game tomorrow. Not hugely knowledgeable about the game or the other teams but I do enjoy watching England play. I just hope we try and use the backs more than usual and not just Jonny. Although I think picking Jonny over Flood is pretty indictive that we will be playing a kicking game.

Disorganised1

Just watching Scotland fall apart as usual ~ Romania will win this in the second half if Scotland don't change thier tactics.

Disorganised1

Well Scotland save their bacon with a moment of individual brilliance ~ I'm afraid they're going to get slaughtered by the first decent team they play.

bishbosh

Scotland were disappointing but I think better fitness saw them over the line plus that decision from the Romainians to take off their captain.

Wasn't convinced by the AB's last night there were some moments of magic but I think the likes of Oz and South Africa would have punished them... still, early days.

Disorganised1

Namibia Fiji turning out to be far more enjoyable than I expected, some great kicking, and a bit of innovation too.

Scoreboard certainly being kept warm.

Disorganised1

Cracking try by Namibia to start the 2nd half. :claping hands:

bishbosh

Phew, that was hard work to watch but somehow managed to snatch the win.

Relief is the word I'd use now.

Marty

That was tense, played alot better when Youngs came on, I think they were just nerves today as they were making alot of stupid mistakes,

ITV coverage is shocking, 2 minutes studio time followed by 5 minutes of adverts.

ICHAN

Close but got the win thats the main thing :claping hands:.
Nerves and tension play a big part at the start of any tournament, I think the big teams will settle down once the first match is out of the way.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I won't be watching. Can't stand egg-chucking, knuckle dragging, slack jaws! :D

Covstu

piss poor england performance, just scraping a win. Saying that the argies put up a gret fight but could not last the 80 mins.

I think I would enjoy RU more if I knew the frigging rules.

Many times 20 guys laying on the pitch hacking, mauling, gouging each other then the ref blows up for some technical reason totally unrelated to the ensuing mayhem.

Players sinbinned - for what ??? - only slowmo tv sometimes picks it up - even the expert pundits don't know the rules.

Pefectly good tries cancelled out because the try scorer has a little toe hanging over the touch line - can't be right.

Give me the beautiful game any time as a game but I definitely would like the RU players respect to refs taken up by our whinging, diving weaklings.

COME ON ENGLAND

PUSB

redsox

Facebook User
I'm an avid Welsh Rugby fan and am extremely proud of the way they have just played against The Boks even if they didn't quite beat them. Good bonus point though. Them English look laboured and were lucky to win and the Scots and the Irish may as well book their flights home after the group stages.........but then I might be a little biased!

Marty

I think I would enjoy RU more if I knew the frigging rules.

Many times 20 guys laying on the pitch hacking, mauling, gouging each other then the ref blows up for some technical reason totally unrelated to the ensuing mayhem.

Players sinbinned - for what ??? - only slowmo tv sometimes picks it up - even the expert pundits don't know the rules.

Pefectly good tries cancelled out because the try scorer has a little toe hanging over the touch line - can't be right.

Give me the beautiful game any time as a game but I definitely would like the RU players respect to refs taken up by our whinging, diving weaklings.

COME ON ENGLAND

PUSB

Following on from this, Why do some teams have 4 points and some have 5, yet they have played 1 won 1 :confused:

Covstu

I see Scotland just scraped through against Georgia, watch us really struggle against the jocks when we play em!

If it's a team based, international sporting competition where there will be a winner and loser(s), then yes more than likely I will be following it...

Can't look past the All Blacks as the winners, but come on England - do us proud!

Users who are viewing this thread