Rugby (1 Viewer)

Covcraig@bury

I know it's a footy forum but just wanted to know if anyone will be going to twickenham this Saturdays clash with NZ ???

CCFC88

Im not going but will be watching on sky, never been to Twickenham but did manage to bag myself QF and SF world cup tickets so will be going next year. If England win their group the tickets I have are for their route to the final!

duffer

Im not going but will be watching on sky, never been to Twickenham but did manage to bag myself QF and SF world cup tickets so will be going next year. If England win their group the tickets I have are for their route to the final!

You must be minted - the brother-in-law has got tickets for a Rugby WC QF too, £215 each I think he said. Can that be right?!

lewys33

I ended up with £805 worth of RWC tickets after applying for £1050 worth. The mrs was most pleased!

lewys33

You must be minted - the brother-in-law has got tickets for a Rugby WC QF too, £215 each I think he said. Can that be right?!

It is a bit mad to be honest. My dad is 50 this year, and he really wanted to go to Wales vs. England. I applied for the tickets and surprisingly got them! Was expecting to pay in the region of £1000 a ticket if I didn't get them, so £215 each is brilliant! However £215 for a standard price ticket at a rugby match is a fucking joke.

People hadn't even paid for the tickets yet and they were on ebay for £800 a ticket. Crazy

duffer

It is a bit mad to be honest. My dad is 50 this year, and he really wanted to go to Wales vs. England. I applied for the tickets and surprisingly got them! Was expecting to pay in the region of £1000 a ticket if I didn't get them, so £215 each is brilliant! However £215 for a standard price ticket at a rugby match is a fucking joke.

People hadn't even paid for the tickets yet and they were on ebay for £800 a ticket. Crazy

It's a daft amount of cash, but fair play to you because I can't think of a better reason for trying to get them. :)

I don't doubt you'll have a great day, and by the time you're going, the pain of paying for the tickets should have long since passed. I'll look out for you on the telly!

J

Jack Griffin

I won't be going to any Rugby games.. but I just saw that the Wasps first game at Ricoh looks like it will sell out, copied this image from the booking site & apparently the red blocks are 'sold out'

overvi10.png

stupot07

I won't be going to any Rugby games.. but I just saw that the Wasps first game at Ricoh looks like it will sell out, copied this image from the booking site & apparently the red blocks are 'sold out'

overvi10.png

Not saying you're wrong but the other week when we had a wasps sell out thread, it transpired they they hadn't opened all the blocks yet. Perhaps some of those red blocks are unopened blocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

wingy

Don't think this isso .

posted that image around a week ago ,seems the colour coding Is not an indicator in this case .

Either heard this morning or yesterdays Shane show and they haven't sold very well so far .

The guy was very defensive and under 3K gone so far ,selling initially by Block but now all on sale .

Seems they might be doing half Blocks as well to compact the crowd ,possibly to the front ,a la MK dons style.

stupot07

Don't think this isso .

posted that image around a week ago ,seems the colour coding Is not an indicator in this case .

Either heard this morning or yesterdays Shane show and they haven't sold very well so far .

The guy was very defensive and under 3K gone so far ,selling initially by Block but now all on sale .

Seems they might be doing half Blocks as well to compact the crowd ,possibly to the front ,a la MK dons style.

Music to my ears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

duffer

Don't think this isso .

I only came in around half-way through the interview, but defensive was certainly the word I'd have chosen too. Or possibly passive-aggressive. He didn't like being put on the spot about how many fans he thought they'd get - and I'd got it in my head that we are talking about half-blocks here as well.

Saying that, I'd expect a relatively bumper crowd for their first game here - the 'Gillingham' effect if you will. It's how it stacks up in the weeks and months ahead that really matter.

I don't doubt that the council splashing it on their official site will lead to literally handfuls of extra tickets being sold, mind. ;)

Grendel

overvi10.png

Poor deluded council jack.

Grendel

I only came in around half-way through the interview, but defensive was certainly the word I'd have chosen too. Or possibly passive-aggressive. He didn't like being put on the spot about how many fans he thought they'd get - and I'd got it in my head that we are talking about half-blocks here as well.

Saying that, I'd expect a relatively bumper crowd for their first game here - the 'Gillingham' effect if you will. It's how it stacks up in the weeks and months ahead that really matter.

I don't doubt that the council splashing it on their official site will lead to literally handfuls of extra tickets being sold, mind. ;)

The opposition are poor aren't they? It's an odd first game to pick and near Christmas.

Another hedge fund with its strategic finger on the button.

wingy

The opposition are poor aren't they? It's an odd first game to pick and near Christmas.

something must have gone awry as they were saying !3th would be first game Initially .

duffer

OK - the interview with the Wasps guy (Chief Operating Officer, I think) is here, 49 minutes in.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p029h1n0

In a nutshell, they have sold 2,700 since October 20th, in the half-blocks that have been opened so far. Described this as 'sold-out', i.e. we've sold-out 2,700 seats in half-blocks.

Are now opening the rest of the blocks.

When put on the spot by Shane, wouldn't say how many he thought would be there, but seemed to imply it would be more than 7,000. Shane seemed somewhat cynical, and said we'd see afterwards and maybe replay the interview.

Best laugh I had was when the Wasps chap said something about how everyone who had already been to the Ricoh would know how good the food and drink was in the concourses. I'm guessing he's never actually been down there for a game then. I'll leave Torchy to pick up on this argument. ;)

Anyway, I could well be wrong, but this doesn't give me the impression of a city taking Wasps to it's bosom exactly. At least in the sense of actually being willing to buy tickets anyway.

In fairness I want Wasps to fail, so I'd entirely accept that this colours my opinion - best to have a listen for yourselves if you're interested.

chiefdave

In fairness I want Wasps to fail, so I'd entirely accept that this colours my opinion - best to have a listen for yourselves if you're interested.

While I wouldn't wish failure on fans of another team (well apart from Leicester and Villa) Wasps move being a spectacular failure would be the best possible news for us. Even more so if we can grab 50% now. If it all goes wrong they're going to need to get shot of ACL and then SISU might finally be able to purchase a distressed company on the cheap.

duffer

I'd agree it's an odd one. London Irish isn't it (based in Reading). Can't see it as a massive draw. I'd think some of the Irish in Coventry (who mostly support football in my experience) might turn out for say Munster at the Ricoh, but London Irish don't really hold the hearts of the diaspora here, imho.

NorthernWisdom

Don't think this isso .

\considers editing last post on football board to look sage and wise

NorthernWisdom

I'd agree it's an odd one. London Irish isn't it (based in Reading). Can't see it as a massive draw. I'd think some of the Irish in Coventry (who mostly support football in my experience) might turn out for say Munster at the Ricoh, but London Irish don't really hold the hearts of the diaspora here, imho.

Lots of cheap tickets offered all over the place.

They'll be pro-active to begin with more than ever, surely.

Am sure the crowd will be pretty decent first time out. Hope to be wrong though ;)

duffer

While I wouldn't wish failure on fans of another team (well apart from Leicester and Villa) Wasps move being a spectacular failure would be the best possible news for us. Even more so if we can grab 50% now. If it all goes wrong they're going to need to get shot of ACL and then SISU might finally be able to purchase a distressed company on the cheap.

Fair point all of this - I'd agree with all of it, personally.

Thinking about it I don't really want Wasps go under as a club, that's just mean, but I would definitely like them to fail up here and ideally, go back south.

NorthernWisdom

Thinking about it I don't really want Wasps go under as a club, that's just mean, but I would definitely like them to fail up here and ideally, go back south.

To fail in the sense Richmond did would be fine... go back to their roots, allow the dedicated (true ;) ) fans to still have their club... have the episode as a warning sign for others tempted to do similar.

Steve.B50

I know it's a footy forum but just wanted to know if anyone will be going to twickenham this Saturdays clash with NZ ???

Would love to have got tickets but like gold dust, going to the Australia game though.

bought my WC tickets, managed to get three England games.

J

Jack Griffin

Well from the discussion above it looks like the sales site is marked up wrongly and the red blocks are actually unsold!

Still its only Rugby.. I've no intention of ever seeing a game myself.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Hopefully people stick to their principles in regards to franchise sport

Presumably you wont be watching CCFC after Dec21 then? After all if they get 50% of the Ricoh they'll be helping Wasps,if they dont then they'll be paying Wasps a rent,or if they build a ground out of Coventry they will be a franchise club so what do you do:thinking about::eek::facepalm:

stupot07

Presumably you wont be watching CCFC after Dec21 then? After all if they get 50% of the Ricoh they'll be helping Wasps,if they dont then they'll be paying Wasps a rent,or if they build a ground out of Coventry they will be a franchise club so what do you do:thinking about::eek::facepalm:

Not go and watch wasps, simples.

It's interesting, really as I remember reading on here that people wouldn't go to Sixfields even if it was free, because being there and boosting the attendance was showing your approval of the move. Yes, we will be paying rent making them money, I really don't see how you can suggest going and watching ccfc is supporting wasps franchise. Seems like your starting to make some excuses so that you can justify going to watch wasps.....

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

It's interesting, really as I remember reading on here that people wouldn't go to Sixfields even if it was free, because being there and boosting the attendance was showing your approval of the move. Yes, we will be paying rent making them money, I really don't see how you can suggest going and watching ccfc is supporting wasps franchise. Seems like your starting to make some excuses so that you can justify going to watch wasps.....

Only as an away supporter of Cov. I've been against this from the minute I heard of it. The bit about supporting Wasps was to show that you can spin anything.

Seaside-Skyblue

Agreed. And people shouldn't feel they should hide or justify if they want to watch Wasps. At the end of the day, we would have preferred to have 100% of the Ricoh but these are the cards we've been dealt and we can't do a thing about it and if someone wants to watch premier league rugby then why not, we only live once. I'm not a rugby fan myself personally though. Life's too short. If rugby entertains you then go.

This doesn't mean we can't be worried about the club at the same time though or that going to see wasps means people are disregarding the club or supporting franchising etc.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wouldn't it be nice for the council to promote all of the city's sports teams rather than this import. Lucas has brought shame on to the council and must be voted out at the earliest convenience.

NorthernWisdom

Wouldn't it be nice for the council to promote all of the city's sports teams rather than this import. Lucas has brought shame on to the council and must be voted out at the earliest convenience.

The annoying thing is, I was delighted when Mutton was replaced by her. Mutton had been all 'we won't deal with a hedge fund, the place is not for sale to the club while they're about' and Lucas came in with a far more conciliatory rhetoric.

As it turns out... at least Mutton seems to have been more straight and upfront about his views. Wish he'd stayed in charge now, at least you knew where you stood!

Brighton Sky Blue

The annoying thing is, I was delighted when Mutton was replaced by her. Mutton had been all 'we won't deal with a hedge fund, the place is not for sale to the club while they're about' and Lucas came in with a far more conciliatory rhetoric.

As it turns out... at least Mutton seems to have been more straight and upfront about his views. Wish he'd stayed in charge now, at least you knew where you stood!

Lucas said she'd personally respond to every e-mail on the Wasps sale. I e-mailed on the day of the sale saying they'd lost my vote but haven't heard a peep. Can only assume she doesn't want re-electing, which would make sense!

martcov

I have only had dealings once with Mutton. He was straight and upfront and did what he said he was going to do. He is also a staunch City fan.

Like him or not, you can't accuse him of bluffing or posturing.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's not ideal, which is why I wouldn't be opposed to building a new stadium within the city if the club can show they are serious about it.

Users who are viewing this thread