Rubbish (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter TrevorsathisPeake
  • Start date
T

TrevorsathisPeake

Another rubbish home peformance,Another rubbish season.I was firmly on the fence regards Coleman,but surely Ransons not going to stick with him now.If we have got any money in the summer,we surely cant give it to Coleman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach1na

Completely agree. I think Coleman has lost the dressing room and the guy is tactically inept. We have finished 19th and there has been no real highlights.

Please get someone new in before he wastes our money on Barnett, Stead, Wright and Morrison.

Btw the booing at the end when the players came out was a disgrace.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

The club have been asking for more fans to come through the turnstiles,they get a few more thousand than what we have been getting of late,and serve up that garbage.

Over the last 2 years I have been a supporter of CC and was of the opinion that he was working under very difficult circumstances. Even when lots of fans were calling for his head and his relationship with the fans was poor.
Even after watching today's drubbing by an average Championship team at home, I was willing to give him more time. I believe today however, his tenure is slowly going to expire. The decision not to at least bring Marcus Hall on as substitute was an insult to the fans and most of all to the player! That decision alone will backfire on him ultimately. Many fans are angry and will vote with their feet next season. Even his explanation that 'we wanted to get a result' was an insult to reasonable thinking people - we lost 0-4 for christ sake.
Maybe it was fitting in the end that Hall didn't take any part in the game because that team and it's inept performance didn't deserve to be on the same pitch with him. His insistence on playing Cranie at left back confuses me while he has experienced players like Hall available. Of course, you may argue that I am only a supporter, what do I know about football management compared to an ex-footballer and experienced manager?
All I can say is that I could have 'masterminded' a 0-4 thrashing at home!
CC has lost my respect totally today and I wish him all the best in his new role elsewhere when he eventually fails at CCFC.
Sorry for the long rant but I have had enough!!

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Every player who started today was a Coleman signing.The excuse of him needing more time is no longer there,hes had enough time to make it his own team,and he has enough money to make more of an impact,more money may i say than several teams who have finished above us.Ive got a bad feeling that we are stuck with him though.

DERMAX

ONE MORE SEASON I CAN FACE BUT ON 2DAYS GAME SORRY BUT WE ARE DOOMED FOR NEXT SEASON...IF WE DONT TURN THINGS ROUND VERY QUICK FOR THE NEW SEASON THEN READ WHAT RICOH STANDS FOR - Relegation Is Coventrys Only Hope

Today's game was just the icing on the cake, in terms of performances at home. We've been dross this last month, I honestly thought it couldn't get any worse...well, I was wrong!

Terrible today, thank god the season's over! Literally, there's been very little to celebrate, and if next season's gonna include another 22 match winless run, then we are seriously screwed.

What makes it worse is the way we've been playing- I swear to God that most of the attacks we undertook in the first half today started with Leon Barnett just hoofing the ball upfield...that's no way to get goals, whatsoever!

Then Coleman changed the formation round, effectively neutralising Carl Baker, a guy who MUST start on the wing for us next season. Also, why on earth bring on two young lads who wouldn't make a blind bat of difference instead bringing on the guy who's served this club for 10 years plus, for one last rousing reception? Don't get me wrong, I like Clarke and Jeffers, but surely putting on Hall would have been a nice sentimental touch...

Looking at the table, we've effectively lost 2 places because of the goals shipped today, putting us in 19th. Unfair, perhaps, but at the end of the day we just haven't got the results. Ultimately, it's to do with the way we play- even when we were in the top half of the table, the games weren't exactly great affairs, but we ground out the result. I could accept defeat and disappointing draws if we were playing really good attacking football, but we're not, it's hellishly negative defensive hoofism, which isn't getting us anywhere!

Definitely not a great advert for renewing my season ticket.

T

TrevorsathisPeake

Coleman said in his interview after the match that he is doing something wrong and that its not just him and changes are needed.CHRIS,EVERY PLAYER WHO STARTED TODAY YOU SIGNED!!!!
He must now know that he is on icey ground now that hes pushing blame on to others.At least he admitted he is doing something wrong at least.If he is saying the players he has signed arent up to it and he gets the chance to bring more players to the club in the summer,does that mean the current crop which he signed, will just be on the sidelines draining yet more money out the club.He should be given the boot NOW.

lord_garrincha

Simply embarassed.

Team, formation and manager to blame.

Not one player could look at themselves in the mirror and say they played well.

Time for change.

Users who are viewing this thread