Royal Mail Shares (1 Viewer)

Marty

Anyone buying?

jimmyhillsfanclub

Tempted as a short-term carpetbagger type investment, its a winner......longer term & you'll probably lose your shirt....

....but I won't be buying as I don't believe in the privatisation of state owned assets......just fuels the them v us society, creates a wider gap between the haves & have nots & will ultimately fuck the service & cost people their jobs...

Marty

Tempted as a short-term carpetbagger type investment, its a winner......longer term & you'll probably lose your shirt....

....but I won't be buying as I don't believe in the privatisation of state owned assets......just fuels the them v us society, creates a wider gap between the haves & have nots & will ultimately fuck the service & cost people their jobs...

Exactly the same thoughts. But long term, I don't think it'll be as gloomy as you make out. I've heard figures of 6-8% dividends being banded about. I could imagine someone like Deutsche post slowing building a stake before a buy out.

dutchman

It was a worth a punt if you had the cash to spare but I wouldn't invest my life savings in it. I doubt any private investor will receive even the minimum £750 allocation.

It's also the end of the post office service in Britain as we used to know it.

ricohman

I work for Rm and we got free shares byt have to hold onto them for 5 yrs before we can sell, or 3yrs if we wanna pay tax on them. Theres a strike coming nov so post early

skybluedan

Ricoh I used to be a postman about 10 years ago did it for a few years question mate I used to pay into a pension there. Now I don't live in cov what will happen to it

dutchman

Ricoh I used to be a postman about 10 years ago did it for a few years question mate I used to pay into a pension there. Now I don't live in cov what will happen to it

I know someone who was in exactly the same position as you. When he turned 60 he started receiving a small pension from Royal Mail. This pension liability has since been transferred to the government but *should* be paid in future years exactly as before. This assumes the government doesn't try to wriggle out of its pension commitment.

Users who are viewing this thread