Rose out injured for 'weeks, if not months' (1 Viewer)

Bristol sky blue

Really bad news for us as he is one of the few players who offers a goal threat!

TM says that recent injuries mean we 'may have to adjust our targets' - am hoping that doesn't mean we end up with the equivalent of Hunt, Henderson and Ramage as quick stop-gap solutions...

Lets hope the knock Ben Stevenson had v Bradford is only minor, otherwise we're light in midfield...

no_loyalty

Worrying that we have lots of injuries at the moment

Bristol sky blue

Wonder if this means TM will change his mind over Kane Smith?

My impression was that he seemed to rate him, but thought we needed players in other positions more urgently. That may have changed.

TM probably doesn't want to risk DKE as a starter (not physical enough) and Willis seems more comfortable at CB...

Kingokings204

Interestingly mowbray says we are still 4 first teamers light. But be waiting for some players then. Hopefully else we look very thin

Otis

Wonder if this means TM will change his mind over Kane Smith?

My impression was that he seemed to rate him, but thought we needed players in other positions more urgently. That may have changed.

TM probably doesn't want to risk DKE as a starter (not physical enough) and Willis seems more comfortable at CB...
Exactly my thinking too. I don't think he went with Smith partly because he believed we had enough cover for the position. This obviously changes things.

stupot07

I thought he had not signed Smith because he wasnt ready for the first team and needed to develop plus we had 3 players that can play in that position. If we sign someone we need them to be able to come into the first team straight away not need 12 months of development

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Esoterica

I thought he had not signed Smith because he wasnt ready for the first team and needed to develop plus we had 3 players that can play in that position. If we sign someone we need them to be able to come into the first team straight away not need 12 months of development

And requires a fee I think? How much budget can he blow on that now after signing Turnbull and still needing to cover other positions. Suggest any new RWB/RB will now be a loan til January.
Edit: Might even ditch the 3 at the back and go to a flat back 4 which with Jones and Reid in the team might be a blessing in disguise so they can actually play as wingers.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah he could then have either Ricketts or Willis as a normal RB with DKE as a backup.

Sterling Archer

I know Bigi was not well received upon his return here (the first game back he looked like he had never played football before) but I genuinely thought he improved tenfold by the end of the season. If the deal works for both parties id bring him in, even just as another body in what is already a tiny squad struggling with injuries.

He's still young enough to improve and really isn't as bad as people would have you believe.

My only fear is that he'd need to hit the ground running which he didn't last season upon his return.

Irish Sky Blue

I know Bigi was not well received upon his return here (the first game back he looked like he had never played football before) but I genuinely thought he improved tenfold by the end of the season. If the deal works for both parties id bring him in, even just as another body in what is already a tiny squad struggling with injuries.

He's still young enough to improve and really isn't as bad as people would have you believe.

My only fear is that he'd need to hit the ground running which he didn't last season upon his return.

Having seen him last game of the season at Oldham when he ran the game, I agree. My view not just based on one game, I think Bigi still has the potential to be a good player.

junglej13

Rose's injury could be a blessing in disguise. I was amazed at Mowbrays comment that we didnt need a right back last week. Also - The Telegraph article is slightly alarming that we basically don't know the prognosis on anyone who's injured.

stupot07

To be honest, I'm not bigi's biggest fan but the reason I would not bring him in is a) he needs to go somewhere where he will play week in week out and get a 46 game season under his belt, with ghadzev and McCann he isn't going start. And b) the emergence of Stevenson has been one of the biggest positives this season, signing bigi will limit his game time and his development as bigi will become first sub/second choice.

I'd also add despite playing a few times there in newcastles u21's Bigi isnt a right back. He would also command a fee unless Newcastle are prepared to pay him out his contract (you'd have thought they would have already done that if they were desperate to get rid). Moneys tight and would be better spent elsewhere.

georgehudson

quite right CD, the standard of officiating at league 1 level is poor,
imho, it is worse than ever,
the new referees directive is being misinterpreted by every ref i've seen this season, & it's the overall inconsistency of decisions that makes matters worse,
a few heads need to be banged together to knock out the seemingly smug assumptions that they, the ref's are getting it right, because quite frankly they are NOT

rupert_bear

Bigi played right back regularly for Newcastle reserves or under 21s, whatever. A loan until xmas wouldn't be a bad idea. As for referees it's about time the leagues started looking at using foreign refs who have become far superior to the dross in the FL. I thought the refereeing in the Euros was excellent hardly any yellows, don't think there were any reds, matches flowed. English refs seem to put on their uniform become little Hitlers, not fit enough for our faster game.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Is Bigi still under contact to Newcastle or has he been released? Wouldn't be top of my list of players to bring in but I think there's a decent player at this level in there somewhere.

stupot07

Is Bigi still under contact to Newcastle or has he been released? Wouldn't be top of my list of players to bring in but I think there's a decent player at this level in there somewhere.
Hes still under contract for another 12 months.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Premier league it would have been a red.

And analysed over and over, referee demoted as a punishment, retrospective action taken against their man (possibly, although ref did eventually blow up so maybe not).

One thing that annoys me in football is the lack of consistency in reviewing officials performance's.

In the premier league they have MOTM and Sky Sports coverage to raise anger around decisions.

Look at Costa over the past two weekends; all gone unpunished, but they have been highlighted atleast

Nick

Administrator
Shouldn't make a difference should it as most people on here said he was useless.

I thought it would have been decent over the season at RWB. He would have chipped in with a few goals as well with the runs he was making.

At least it rules out his move to Australia!

Esoterica

I thought it would have been decent over the season at RWB. He would have chipped in with a few goals as well with the runs he was making.

At least it rules out his move to Australia!

Maybe he's using this time to look for houses there...

ceetee

In Mowbray's injury report on the offal there is no mention of Kwame Thomas. Has the club ever said what his injury is?

Esoterica

I reckon you could get that onto the phone in ;)
Listen out for me then, I go by the name of Jiggy. I asked Tony Mowbray if he'd ever been round Rose's house for tea and he said it was FAR away. So I reckon that means he's setting himself up for a move to Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread