Rods putting down his marker!! (1 Viewer)

wingy

Roy O'Donovan praises boss but wants first-team action

roy-o-donovan-54542386.jpg
Roy O'Donovan

Coventry City striker Roy O’Donovan has heaped praise on Mark Robins but says he need games and goals to secure a new deal at the Ricoh.
The Irishman, who is out of contract in May, says he felt frozen out under Andy Thorn.
O'Donovan told the Evening Echo: "We have lost just once in 11 games and we are definitely moving in the right direction.
"I am back in the squad but as we only play one up front I have to bide my time.

"Things are much improved under the Mark. He has got me involved again but it’s hard to break into the team with Dave McGoldick in such good form as the lone striker.
"I know I need a run in the team and the goals will follow but I have to convince the gaffer and the way we play at the moment, it’s just one up top so that restricts me a bit."

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...rst-team-action-92746-32468526/#ixzz2FbsKyXtM

CJparker

This guy would struggle to get first team action for the Dog and Duck on a Sunday morning

kg82

Funny enough I had a dream last night we beat Stevenage (get this) 5-9!! Rod got the 9th. It was a penalty!

kg82

Yeah, maybe time to calm down! Apart from tonight... Think I might have another one tonight!!

kepit 2 yusen

The right team is on the pitch and everyone wants a slice of the action - funny that !
Rods has never looked like setting the world alight when we have seen him. We have 11 players giving it their all now plus consistent subs, there is no need to change that. The rest stepped up before Rods, that's how it is. He will have bide his time and if he goes in May, so be it.

skybluegod

I like how Rod approaches life as a footballer he is a great model off the pitch but he has never done it on the pitch for us but as he has said he has never had a decent run of games in the squad. against Southampton last season he got into decent positions and imo he would have scored if he had been given game time before that match but it was his first game in months. he has good positional sense but we don't know if he can score goals. He needs a string of games but as he says he wont get them whole Goldie is here.

CJparker

To the OP - it's bad enough reading about him without having to look at his face as well!

ccfcway

Ken Deluded is speaking to him this week, about a new contract in a bid to "secure this asset"

:whistle:

scroobiustom

Funny enough I had a dream last night we beat Stevenage (get this) 5-9!! Rod got the 9th. It was a penalty!

I had a dream about Aliens attacking the earth - 11:15 tomorrow we will see if that comes true! lol

CJparker

I we had Lionel Messi instead of Roy O'Donovan, I reckon we would be doing better in the league

skyblueinBaku

Several players have shown improved form since MR arrived - presumably his influence on the training field has something to do with this. Does no-one think it possible that ROD has shown improvement on the training field?

Grendel

Several players have shown improved form since MR arrived - presumably his influence on the training field has something to do with this. Does no-one think it possible that ROD has shown improvement on the training field?

Frankly he has to go. He has been incredibly lucky to have been a professional footballer for as long as he has given the fact he has started so few games.

He may be luck and wrangle another deal somewhere but you have to say that his time must be running out.

Otis

Rod may be putting down his marker, but I bet in 20 attempts he only hits it twice.

stupot07

Laying down is marker?

He's not that 'sharpie' in front of goal to make himself a 'permanent' fixture:eek:

stupot07

stupot, bet you used to boo kevin kyle and leon best too

pathetic.

Can you not see the joke? Laying down a marker - 'Sharpie' marker pen, 'permanent' marker pen. It was a shit joke but feck me your response is pathetic.

And for you information I have never boo'd a one of our players and I rated Best while those around me slated him.

Users who are viewing this thread