Rod McDonald Injury (1 Viewer)

aloisiwouldhavescored

Anyone know yet what injury McDonald has sustained (if that is what has happened to him, nobody is really saying) and how long is he likely to be out for?

Polar

Best person to ask is Geoff Foster.

Finger firmly on the button our Geoff.

''So, you just lost 5 nil, Mark. Are you feeling disappointed?'

Thought the interview after Tuesdays game was hilarious. Geoff said one of his standard closed question statements and got a little bite back from MR:

Geoff (with very sore throat) "must have been disappointed to go two goals down"

MR: "yes, i just said that"

That said I do love the radio show on the way home, great banter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esoterica

It's very strange for them to not have given any information on it. Can somebody with twitter ask the official account? Starting to think he might have been kidnapped by the Hamburglar.

Warwickhunt

Makes you wonder how bad it is? MR signing Tom Davies to fill the void methinks

oucho

It's very strange for them to not have given any information on it. Can somebody with twitter ask the official account? Starting to think he might have been kidnapped by the Hamburglar.

The Hamburglar? it's not 1990!! He's probably in an old people' centre now

Makes you wonder how bad it is? MR signing Tom Davies to fill the void methinks

We needed 4 CBs anyway, so when Pearson was moved out and Davies came in, that took us back up to 4. Rod injury would have had no impact on that.

skybluedan

Well since Ronald was jailed for that sex thing , you might just well be right

skybluedan

The Hamburglar? it's not 1990!! He's probably in an old people' centre now

We needed 4 CBs anyway, so when Pearson was moved out and Davies came in, that took us back up to 4. Rod injury would have had no impact on that.

Bet the poor old bastard is just in is wheelchair staring out the looking window thinking of burgers

oucho

Bet the poor old bastard is just in is wheelchair staring out the looking window thinking of burgers
Cue "just like Tim Fisher / Russell Slade / Micky Quinn / Andy Thorn / etc" jokes....

AlansEyes

I wouldn't wait for Geoff and Clive to break this news. They've only just twigged that Julian Gray has left us.

Otis

Really pees me off, the CWR post match interviews.

All it needed was a 'So, Mark, Rod McDonald, what's the news on his injury and are you hopeful of having him back soon?'

They never ask the more bleedin obvious of questions and the questions that would be first on City fans' lips.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Yep. That's the way I read it too. Sounds like a replacement FOR McDonald, rather than to compliment him.

Hope he's not out too long. I'd have had money on him being player of the year. He seems to have a bit of intelligence in his distribution and is a good organiser.

Could do with him back asap.
Totally agree with you on all that, have really rated McDonald so far, but it's typical isn't it. We seem to be fated when it comes to central defenders, whenever we get a decent one they get injured, never to be seen again, Reda Johnson and Ben Turner both come to mind, and then we really struggle. Let's hope the new guy from Pompey is an able replacement.

Esoterica

Yep. That's the way I read it too. Sounds like a replacement FOR McDonald, rather than to compliment him.

Hope he's not out too long. I'd have had money on him being player of the year. He seems to have a bit of intelligence in his distribution and is a good organiser.

Could do with him back asap.
Nothing about it on his personal twitter or fb that i can see either. Hope that means it's nothing serious.

steve82

Excuse me if I've missed it but has no reporter pressed MR on what the injury is and extent of it?

He's looked like a rock at the back, the sooner he's back the better

aloisiwouldhavescored

Yes finally Mark Robins was directly asked the question by Martin Winch on CWR after the game and we got a straight answer. Wonder why it was such a big secret?
Hopefully he will be back playing soon as we have missed him.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Seen a Willis interview and he commented on plying alongside Davies for the first time and hoping they can form a partnership!

Hope that doesn't mean Rod doesn't return as first choice CB?
Blimey Davies must be good then !

Users who are viewing this thread