Rochdale Match Thread (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueJord

Let's get this forum back on what really matters, football.

Big game tomorrow against a free scoring Rochdale, they're slotted home 17 goals from the last 7 games. Playing with freedom and on top of form, could easily throw up a surprise.

What would be your starting line up?

IMO I think we have a fantastic partnership in the making between Frank Nouble and Simeon Jackson, with McQuoid's injury still a concern they should get a full game together. In terms of filling the hole Reda has left it seems obvious that Seb Hines will take his place. For those that were at the Scunthorpe game, how did he perform? Is he up to the challenge of keeping Rochdale under control?

Nick

Administrator
I am hopeful that Hines will come in but still be solid at the back but we will still miss the attacking threat of Johnson from corners.

I can see a 2-2 draw.

skyblue1991

As I am going I'd hope for a 4-0 win for us :D

Assuming no bizarre sendings off I would like to say we could win; I'm going for a 2-1 victory.

As you were with the team but slot Hines in for Reda.

ccfcmustang

They might have scored 17 from their last 7 but they havent played the sky blues yet. I cant see us losing this one, im going for a 2-1 win. We dont like scoring 2 more than our opposition which worries me with Allsop in goal but back to the stsus quo

Sbarcher

Interesting stat - every game we have either won or lost so far has been by the odd goal. We could have been f***ing brilliant or heap of s**t - small margins eh?

pete212

For me, this is a must win game having lost the last one.
Also, if we have any serious hopes of play-offs, we really ought to be beating Rochdale away!

Pressley for the sack if we lose ??

Gazolba

For me, the slide continues. I'll go for a 1-1 draw or 2-1 defeat. I can see us going a few more games without a win. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Allsop
Clarke--Willis--Webster--Hines--Haynes
Thomas
JOB----------Fleck
Nouble---Jackson

3470, 982 Coventry fans.

ccfc92

For me, this is a must win game having lost the last one.
Also, if we have any serious hopes of play-offs, we really ought to be beating Rochdale away!

Pressley for the sack if we lose ??

I'm pretty certain the CWR loonies will say SP is responsible for global warming, IS rising, any natural disaster, and no promotion if we lose ;)

stupot07

1-1 draw and back to mighty Ricoh to thrash PNE next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ccfc92

1-1 draw and back to mighty Ricoh to thrash PNE next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hope so, spent last two months wages following Cov up til Scunthorpe, but will be there vs PNE

(Payday on 26th ;) )

pete212

I just can't see why so many are saying a draw or even defeat.
It's not Arsenal we're playing!
I'm saying 3-0 to Cov

The point is what is the realistic ambition/target for this season now we back at ricoh?
Looks like too many happy with mid table mediocrity

letsallsingtogether

Not happy just being realistic
I am going tomorrow but can't see us winning.
Still going for 2-1 City
I just can't see why so many are saying a draw or even defeat.
It's not Arsenal we're playing!
I'm saying 3-0 to Cov

The point is what is the realistic ambition/target for this season now we back at ricoh?
Looks like too many happy with mid table mediocrity

Astute

We are due an away win.

2-1 to us. Allsop to have a good game at last. Hines to show us we have good backup players.

LJC_CCFC

Although Rochdale have put four past Walsall and Crawley recently (shows how poor a division this is) this is the sort of game we should be winning 2/3-0. Emphasis on the should, as this will probably be a tight 1-0 defeat or 1-1 draw.

skyblue1991

No? Why would I be sarcastic? And if its to the OP who you are referring to what the poster said did not come across as sarcasm in the slightest!

It is completely and utterly ridiculous to call for a manager's head after losing two games in the trot!

LJC_CCFC

Hines should be starting ahead of Webster or Willis, played numerous games in a better side than Reda also. He's a real coup and why Elvis won't drop Webster for him I'll never know.

Users who are viewing this thread