Robins: who will he pick as his starting XI v Carlisle? (1 Viewer)

ampthill_sba

Shaw started the same XI in the last three games (all losses)...surely there must be some changes....

I predict he'll pick...

Murphy
Kilbane
Wood
Edjenguele
Clarke
Jennings
McSheffrey
Baker
Fleck
McGoldrick
McDonald

Sutty

--------------------Murphy-------------------------
----Clarke----Malaga---Wood-------Hussey-----
-----------------------------------------------------
----------------Thomas----------------------------
-----------------------------Barton-----------------
---------------------Fleck--------------------------
--Baker---------------------------------------------
---------------------------------McGoldrick--------
------------------McDonald------------------------

I hope.

dongonzalos

----......................Murphy----------------------------
...-Clarke----Brown---Wood-------Hussey
----------------Jennings. Kilbane---------------------------------------Baker------------------ Barton ----
...............................Fleck ---
...........................McGoldrick-------

Last edited:

Skybluedar

----------------Jennings. Kilbane---------------------------------------Baker------------------ Barton ----

I assume that was intentional as Baker and Barton have added so little to what we have been trying to do this season, they may aswell be that far out of the formation system.

Black6Osprey

---------------Murphy-----------------
Clarke---Malaga---Wood---Hussey
------Jennings------Thomas---------
----Baker----Fleck----McSheffery
-------------McGoldrick-----------

Martin180

--------------------Murphy-----------------

Christie-----Cameron---Malaga -------Kilbane

---------Jennings----Barton -----------

McGoldrick-------Fleck--------Sheff

-------------McDonald------------

Baginton

..............murphy.........
loan.malaga..wood...loan
loan..loan..loan..sheff
.mgoldrick..loan..........

:whistle:

@richh87

Pretty much this I think; based on what that Whitey Barnsley fan posted.

shmmeee

Murphy
Clarke Cameron Malaga Kilbane
Thomas Jennings Barton
Fleck McDonald McGoldrick

ccfcway

------------------Murphy--------------------
Clarke----Cameron------Wood-----Hussey
-----------Thomas------Jennings----------
Baker------------Fleck---------McSheffrey
---------McDonald--------------------------

Sky_Blue_Vickie

-------------Murphy------

Clarke---Cameron--Malaga---Wood

------------Jennings-----------

--Mcoldrick---Fleck-----Hussey

------Elliott-----Mcdonald

Mucca Mad Boys

If Robins sticks with his Barnsley formation:

Murph
Clarke Malaga Wood Hussey
-------Jennings-----Thomas
---Barton*---------------- McGoldrick
-----------------Fleck
-----------------Cody

*Baker on the winger instead of Barton if it's wingers rather than wide CMs.

speedie87

I have come to the conclusion that we need to change to playing one up front........I believe this is the only way to play in the modern game.

Astute

The only formation we need to play is attacking. We are at home. We are against Carlisle.

Pack the midfield. 4 5 1 with attacking midfielders.

Jack's Dad

Interesting that majority would pick Cody instead of the prolific Elliot...Lets hope Robins has been watching how poor we've been and makes changes...

TheSnoz

Barton has been a liability in most games. He needs dropping. After a neat and tidy start Jennings has disappointed me. Tranmere & Shrewsbury he was poor, constantly caught napping, no pace, no goal threat, no penetrating forward passing. If we had a replacement I'd drop him too. Kevin Kilbane, decent player in his day, legs have gone now. Offers little. The 'Edge' absolutely shocking the other night. After a storming performance against Brum he has been a let down. Where is Kevin Malaga? Where is Cameron?
Callum Ball, hardly seen him and yet fans seem to be writing him off. Give him a chance?
& perhaps rest Joe Murphy. Clanger for first goal in midweek. After that debacle there has got to be changes, some reaction.
& McDonald for Elliott - a must.

stupot07

I think Mcgoldrick does

Strong, fast, good mobility an work rate and good on the ball

I disagree, he's played the lone striking role in the last 2 games, with baker and elliot either side of him. He likes to be constantly involved and drops deep at every opportunity, he hasn't shown the discipline to play up top by himself.

torchomatic

I just hope he does not listen to anything S, C or O has to say.

torchomatic

Why is it a fact? The only fact is that he's been on the bench all season, so I'm not sure why he's being blamed so much.

Keep McSheffrey!? I wouldnt, have him in, doesn't deserve it! Fact.

Diehard Si

How can anyone guess what he will do.

He's most likely to keep it unchanged for the first game as he's had 2 days with the players

SkyBlue_Bear83

I disagree, he's played the lone striking role in the last 2 games, with baker and elliot either side of him. He likes to be constantly involved and drops deep at every opportunity, he hasn't shown the discipline to play up top by himself.
Can't say I have seen the last 2 games away from home. Saw him against Stevanage at home and he looked a good player which could lead the front line by himself, didn't drop deep at every opportunity that game. Anyway part of a lone strikers role at times is to drop slightly deeper to link up play and look for the midfield runners going past him further ahead

He has the attributes to play up front by himself, just needs to do as instructed. Probably fed up of the shit play around him which is why he would drop deep

stupot07

Can't say I have seen the last 2 games away from home. Saw him against Stevanage at home and he looked a good player which could lead the front line by himself, didn't drop deep at every opportunity that game. Anyway part of a lone strikers role at times is to drop slightly deeper to link up play and look for the midfield runners going past him further ahead

He has the attributes to play up front by himself, just needs to do as instructed. Probably fed up of the shit play around him which is why he would drop deep

He played up in a two with Elliot vs Stevenage. Although a lone striker does drop, this is only on odd occasions and that only works if you have players with pace running in behind you into the gaps you have left. If they drop deep too often the team then struggles - e.g Rooney for England.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He played up in a two with Elliot vs Stevenage. Although a lone striker does drop, this is only on odd occasions and that only works if you have players with pace running in behind you into the gaps you have left. If they drop deep too often the team then struggles - e.g Rooney for England.
Yes I know he did but in this game I didn't feel he dropped too deep to often. Nothing wrong with dropping a bit and showing yourself for a short pass into feet as long as you know when you should be getting in the box, nearly all forwards do this now apart from the classic poacher as strikers are expected to contribute to the team play
See how Drogba played for Chelsea, he would pick up the ball from deep positions and power his way through to goal. Seen him score a few spectacular goals like this also
Also RVP last season at Arsenal

I agree on Rooney though
Rooney plays like an extra midfielder though, sort of how Lampard/Gerrard would play for club 3 or 4 years ago now. He doesn't have the height strength or pace to play up top by himself

Users who are viewing this thread