Robins saying what we are all thinking (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

There probably wouldn't be so much negatively if the fans/poster hadn't unrealistically raised their expectations based on 1 good week of results. I still can't believe that a handful of posters suggested automatic promotion was still on the cards...

Fair enough, but there are also those who think the season is over and we are not even a third of the way through it

stupot07

Fair enough, but there are also those who think the season is over and we are not even a third of the way through it

The seasons isn't over, however a top 6 place is unlikely - based on the last 2 seasons 6th place has finished on 73 points, we now need 62 points from 33 games which is a tall order considering we have 11 from 13 and are likely to lose our top scorer in Jan.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not really...you could take 20 potshots from the halfway line - that's 20 shots, and any of those on target will be classed as "shots on target". Yes we could have bagged 1 or 2 before half time but overall it was another poor performance.....are you suggesting it wasn't? we lack quality all over the pitch - we don't take enough of our chances and concede too many easy chances....exactly like that 10 game analysis said - Attack energetically wasteful and Defensive pushovers. We've scored 13 goals in 13 games and conceded 20
Well I was at the game and can confirm we did not have 20 potshots from the halfway line

stupot07

Well I was at the game and can confirm we did not have 20 potshots from the halfway line

I was also at the game and no we didn't take 20 potshots my point was about how statistics can bend the truth. We had some decent chances first 30 mins and last 10 mins. And some of chances are almost double counted - e.g Balls shot which the keeper saved and flecks follow up in to row Z,- 2 'shots' but really only 1 attack.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I was also at the game and no we didn't take 20 potshots my point was about how statistics can bend the truth. We had some decent chances first 30 mins and last 10 mins. And some of chances are almost double counted - e.g Balls shot which the keeper saved and flecks follow up in to row Z,- 2 'shots' but really only 1 attack.
We should have had at least 2 goals in the first half, Fleck missed a sitter from the rebound and he also missed a good chance when he went through 1v1 early on. Also Ball missed a tap in from a Clarke ground cross where he should have scored. Also had many half chances from a couple of Moussa shots where the keeper fumbled a shot straight at him and Mcgoldrick had a goal bound effort blocked from the short free kick which Baker took.

I didn't think we played badly first half and I thought we should have went in at HT leading. Second half though was awful and we rarely created anything

Users who are viewing this thread