Robins on CWR (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Can somebody post up what nonsense he comes out with?

Nick

Administrator
Turn it in, this shtick is as tedious as Johnson & co about SISU

It is happening week in, week out. Persisting with things that don't work, no ability to change things up when they aren't working. It's frustrating that everybody else can see it.

1 striker on his own up front with their whole defence on the 90th minute while we are 1-0 down?

It is tedious :(

Terry Gibson's perm

When you are losing one nil with five minutes you should have five bodies up there and start banging the ball up to them to apply pressure

letsallsingtogether

When you are losing one nil with five minutes you should have five bodies up there and start banging the ball up to them to apply pressure
Nar they would expect that, lets just shock um and play the same way that has brought us nothing.
You never know.

Nick

Administrator
He says:

we were so bad, we were so poor
Im asking some young kids to do a mans job
When it isnt going perfect, we fall short
Dont want to fall off a cliff
Have to make sure we put the wood in the door
We need to do things that get us results
Cant talk about chances created and chances missed
Conceded goals from rubbish set plays
When we have the ball we have to be better
have to simplify things
couldnt get into the game
second half a lot better as we passed the ball
need to stick together and come back strong on boxing day
8 games without a win cant happen
we have to stop the sequence
fans all behind the players
wants to lose his temper but its difficult when there are young players
if theres a situation when teams are outfighting then theres something wrong
the things done this week on the training ground has looked good
not able to transfer it into the game
when we went a goal down we hadnt looked like we would score, we hanging on
he can put up with mistakes but not put up with fear
players need to free themselves up
hairdryer in its box
cant be happy with that as a group
no point him losing his temper, it has to be constructive
that today was a winnable game
it should have been a winnable game and 3 points
the run has to stop

I cant believe CWR asked about the disallowed goal and if he had watched it back....

letsallsingtogether

What did he say?

Had to turn the radio off it was depressing me.

Paxman II

The groups not talking. Refuses to give the hair dryer treatment. Wants to get angry but won't. Not playing well enough. It has to stop. Outstanding supporters. Got to get confidence back.

stevefloyd

Foster happy birthday

Robins...we were so poor
keep conceding from rubbish set plays
try to simplify things
2nd half a lot better
stick together
come back strong
theres something wrong need to work back on the training ground
supporters brilliant
I want to lose my temper but we have young players
if theres a situation where players are outfighting you theres something wrong
we never looked like we were going to score
looks like fear
cant accept that
hasn't gone 'radio' with them
no short cuts but get back on it and win
very quiet not a lot of talk
no point losing his temper
should have been 3 points today
bad run got to stop
we didn't desreve anything to get a result
having a dodgy spell but somethings not quite right
remember what you done last season
got to encourage more supporters back who have been fantastic

Nick

Administrator
I really don't get the bit when he went on about not putting chances away

What chances???

Terry Gibson's perm

He says:

we were so bad, we were so poor
Im asking some young kids to do a mans job
When it isnt going perfect, we fall short
Dont want to fall off a cliff
Have to make sure we put the wood in the door
We need to do things that get us results
Cant talk about chances created and chances missed
Conceded goals from rubbish set plays
When we have the ball we have to be better
have to simplify things
couldnt get into the game
second half a lot better as we passed the ball
need to stick together and come back strong on boxing day
8 games without a win cant happen
we have to stop the sequence
fans all behind the players
wants to lose his temper but its difficult when there are young players
if theres a situation when teams are outfighting then theres something wrong
the things done this week on the training ground has looked good
not able to transfer it into the game
when we went a goal down we hadnt looked like we would score, we hanging on
he can put up with mistakes but not put up with fear
players need to free themselves up
hairdryer in its box
cant be happy with that as a group
no point him losing his temper, it has to be constructive
that today was a winnable game
it should have been a winnable game and 3 points
the run has to stop

I cant believe CWR asked about the disallowed goal and if he had watched it back....

Are they that young? Maybe in terms of years but not matches played

pusbccfc

Asking young players to do a man's job?

Robins, you had a budget this summer. There was enough there for you to get some experience in.

Nick

Administrator
Asking young players to do a man's job?

Robins, you had a budget this summer. There was enough there for you to get some experience in.

Ogogo and Brown aren't kids.

He chose Sterling over Grimmer.

Which kids is he referring to?

steve82

On today’s selection it’s a take your pick of Sterling, Hyam, Bayliss, Thomas, Chaplin, with the introduction of Allassani and Shipley falling into that category

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
On today’s selection it’s a take your pick of Sterling, Hyam, Bayliss, Thomas, Chaplin, with the introduction of Allassani and Shipley falling into that category

How many are through choice?

steve82

How many are through choice?

Vast majority of them and that’s a issue. Too much faith has been put in a few, Ogogo was supposed to come in and be a figure in the middle. That’s not happening for a reason we don’t know.

I don’t think we can blame injuries too much, for a reason just we’re too naive as a group.

That’s got to fall at MR feet mostly, that’s the name of the game

CV22SBA

Thomas
I really don't get the bit when he went on about not putting chances away

What chances???
Thomas should have scored. They went up the other and free kick, goal. Kelly should have hit the target but just went over and apart from that, nothing!

steve82

Manager Mark Robins spoke after the game about the task that he is faced with: "I have just said in there that I am asking some young kids to do a man's job.

"Sometimes when it is not going perfectly right, we fall short. What I don't want us to do is fall off the edge of a cliff. We have got to make sure that we do the things that get you results at this level."

The Sky Blues fell to a narrow defeat at the hands of Shrewsbury Town and conceded via a set-play, something that Robins feels that his squad need to improve upon:

"I cannot keep talking about chances created and chances missed because we are losing games. And we are losing games to set plays.

"It was a good ball in today, but we have got to defend it properly."

The game was level as the two teams went into the half-time break, and Robins highlights that changes were made during half-time to ensure that when the Sky Blues had possession they could use it as best they could: "We made some adjustments and in the second half it was a lot better. It was better than the first half because we passed the ball, but we still weren't at the level that we need to be.

"When we have got the ball, we have to be better. We have to simplify things."

However, the gaffer also points to the fact that the players on the pitch need to be more proactive in turning a game around: "If we have got a situation where a team are outfighting us, then there is something wrong.

"If we have a situation where a team are getting a foothold in the game and are better than us then we have to work it out - we have to try and get a foothold back in the game."

With the next fixture only a matter of days away, Robins highlights that he is looking to Boxing Day to try and put things right:

"We have to make sure that we come back strong on Boxing Day, because we have not won in eight [league] games.

"From winning five on the bounce to not winning in eight - we have to stop that sequence so we have to get back on the training ground and get it going in the right direction again

Nick

Administrator
The task he is faced with ignores the fact he has spent about 750k off strikers and we can't score.

It ignores we were 1-0 down and in the 90th minute jch was still on his own up front.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Steven Pressley would have said that we dominated the game from start to finish and he was proud of every one of them.
In that context, Robins' analysis was okay, though I didn't see too many chances at all.

Nick

Administrator
Steven Pressley would have said that we dominated the game from start to finish and he was proud of every one of them.
In that context, Robins' analysis was okay, though I didn't see too many chances at all.
Yeah but it's ok saying things, he's done it before but then not changed a thing the next game.

steve82

Yeah but it's ok saying things, he's done it before but then not changed a thing the next game.

He says he changed things or asked for the players to follow different instructions, surely it’s then down to the players to follow and implement them instructions.
I’m guessing this is where he means that “I am asking some young kids to do a man's job” being able to change a game by stepping your own game up winning individual battles then getting a foothold in games as a result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
He says he changed things or asked for the players to follow different instructions, surely it’s then down to the players to follow and implement them instructions.
I’m guessing this is where he means that “I am asking some young kids to do a man's job” being able to change a game by stepping your own game up winning individual battles then getting a foothold in games as a result.

Unless they don't understand or agree with the instructions.

Which kids was he referring to?

steve82

Unless they don't understand or agree with the instructions.

Which kids was he referring to?

We won’t know unless he specifically calls players out to the detriment of the side like Venus did a little over 2 years. I’d rather we didn’t do that and limp on till January where hopefully we’ve some wingers to come in and be a driving force in giving strikers some regular service and then we can dismiss our strikers if they are fluffing 10 plus decent chances a game

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread