Robins long term target (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

I recon he was talking about Osti, as in when there is a chance some sort of deal can be done, however slim that realistically is, he isn't going to rush into other deals and use up the budget

slowpoke

It’s all going to depend what Brighton do about their CBs they have four I think and 50 million quid burning a hole in their pockets from selling White. They are also likely to be in and around the bottom end of the prem. I still reckon a money bid for Osti could do the trick but do we have the dosh. I know Ostigard played okay yesterday but with respect Rangers aren’t Chelsea, Liverpool or Man.City or even a Southampton or Burnley.

Alkhen

I doubt its Leo sadly , played against rangers yesterday and was quite impressive by all accounts

While I doubt we'll get him I still think he's the target mentioned. Brighton said he they were keeping him for preseason but that's probably more to do with them knowing they were losing White and the other guy to WBA(?). They need bodies for friendlies and its a good opportunity to get a look at him.

Leo's future is far from sorted. 1 year left. Brighton aren't going not spend some of the 50m they get from Arsenal on a new Defender or even 2. Leo has said if he doesn't see a route to the 1st team he wants to leave.

I just feel Robins is holding out on other loan deals till he knows 100% where Leo is going.

Our best hope would be Brighton to get in a few Prem ready central Defenders but also convince Leo to sign a new deal so they can send him out on loan.

Hobo

I doubt its Leo sadly , played against rangers yesterday and was quite impressive by all accounts

Yes but that was only yesterday, we are talking about someone who has been a long term target.

It is a danger or at least a calculated risk holding back the budget - you might miss out and then struggle to get an alternative in. However I do not see the point of bringing in run of the mill players just for the sake of having bodies.

If Osti is still a long term target I am sure they have identified 2 or 3 alternative loan options in case he slips off the hook.

AFCCOVENTRY

It isn’t Osti. But the long term target is going to be a loan. You would think it would be in the Osti mould where they’ve played a competitive season last year in a relatively decent league.

slowpoke

There are others I’ve mentioned on another thread Ben Davies is leaving Liverpool as an example but he would be costly wage wise and is 30 but was a decent player for PNE in this division. Whatever we need one and a decent one won’t be cheap.

skybluegod

There are others I’ve mentioned on another thread Ben Davies is leaving Liverpool as an example but he would be costly wage wise and is 30 but was a decent player for PNE in this division. Whatever we need one and a decent one won’t be cheap.

Ben Davies is 25? He also cost liverpool 2.5 million when he only had 6 months on his contract and was seen as one of Preston's best players. He's really not an option.

Londonccfcfan

Yes but that was only yesterday, we are talking about someone who has been a long term target.

It is a danger or at least a calculated risk holding back the budget - you might miss out and then struggle to get an alternative in. However I do not see the point of bringing in run of the mill players just for the sake of having bodies.

If Osti is still a long term target I am sure they have identified 2 or 3 alternative loan options in case he slips off the hook.
Hopefully this. Still hoping we get our main target at centre back who ever that is and one other.

There are gaping holes at the back. The back up is non existent at this level.

Londonccfcfan

Ben Davies is 25? He also cost liverpool 2.5 million when he only had 6 months on his contract and was seen as one of Preston's best players. He's really not an option.
As a loan potentially an option. As he will likely be 7th choice at Liverpool. No chance on a permanent.

Skybluebeliever

I think we are looking at another loan player from Chelsea at centre half , with some of the players not involved kastaneer , jobello etc leaving this could allow more to come in later

Alkhen

Blates Osti.

giphy.gif

Don't think we'll get him though

skybluegod

As a loan potentially an option. As he will likely be 7th choice at Liverpool. No chance on a permanent.

Considering low-end premiership teams and high-end championship teams were looking at him prior to Liverpool signing no it's not an option. He will easily find a suitor at a higher level than us. We are in an entirely different pool of players financially and quality wise. We don't get ready made players in their peak years.

Londonccfcfan

Considering low-end premiership teams and high-end championship teams were looking at him prior to Liverpool signing no it's not an option. He will easily find a suitor at a higher level than us. We are in an entirely different pool of players financially and quality wise. We don't get ready made players in their peak years.
Your probably right there.

Sick Boy

if Ostigard does go out on loan it’s likely he’d end up going to a mid to upper mid table Championship side to aid his progression.

slowpoke

Sorry thought he was older just read and he cost £500k with certain add ons I’m not saying we should go out and buy him but that is the market we are in for quality centre halves personally I’d rather permanent than a loan, someone you can build a strong defence around. I like MacFadz but at 35 bit now old for meme

Londonccfcfan

Think everyone knows Mcfadz is pretty much done at this level by that well past his best. he would be ok as back up for his experience in an ideal world.

We did well what we got out of him last year.

Londonccfcfan

Agree there is very little chance of Leo coming practically zero. If the guy himself has any brains why would he come back here there's no reason for him too.

skybluegod

Sorry thought he was older just read and he cost £500k with certain add ons I’m not saying we should go out and buy him but that is the market we are in for quality centre halves personally I’d rather permanent than a loan, someone you can build a strong defence around. I like MacFadz but at 35 bit now old for meme

It's really not the market we are in. A player that was chased by: Bournemouth, Burnley, Liverpool and Celtic. No chance. We are in the market for young players that we can develop, or another fadz who we can get a couple years out of.

SlowerThanPlatt

It's really not the market we are in. A player that was chased by: Bournemouth, Burnley, Liverpool and Celtic. No chance. We are in the market for young players that we can develop, or another fadz who we can get a couple years out of.

It’s the poster previously known as rupert_bear, the same old nonsense, best ignored

Frostie

Sounds like he's joining Sheff Utd

TomS91

I read about Sam McClelland from Chelsea being a top prospect. Northern Ireland international centre half. 19 years old, 6"3, and never had a loan out. Never seen him play but on paper he sounds like a fit for us.

SBAndy

Good shout - certainly fits the bill & finally having a left footer in the back 3 would improve the balance massively. I believe we have been watching him for some time too so would tick the "long term target" box.

Been keen on him myself since January. Heading into the last year of his contract and probably needs to accept he needs to leave Chelsea so may be a loan with a view to a permanent. That said, Chelsea have an unbelievable knack of keeping substandard players (in respect of their level) until they’re about 30.

fatso

I read about Sam McClelland from Chelsea being a top prospect. Northern Ireland international centre half. 19 years old, 6"3, and never had a loan out. Never seen him play but on paper he sounds like a fit for us.
I wish people would understand that London clubs just Hoover up any young local kids and put them in their development squads.
Seriously, if your a teenager with 2 legs, and you get seen kicking a ball against a garage door, you will be offered a contract by 1 of the london clubs, purely as there are so many clubs in a small area.
Just ask yourself how many get into the first team.
Just because they allow some of them out on loan, is no reason for people on here to start jerking themselves off. It just means they are moving them out to bring more in.

junglej13

Another possible option from Chelsea could be Trevoh Chalobah. Can play centre back or defensive central midfield.

Users who are viewing this thread