robins learning from wenger (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

dunno if this has already been posted but i was watching the capital one highlights show on sky yesterday and mark robins was a studio guest.

he said he talked to wenger and bould after the match and learnt alot about how they set up arsenal for every match.

i know managers have a good talk after games but meeting wenger is a biggie,i really hope robins continues to persist with passing over hoof whilst obviously keeping us hard working, could make a cov fan proud again eventually?

Bill Glazier

This is a very good point. I've a feeling Wenger has a soft spot for CCFC from what I've read. He's always been critical of the financial madness of football and I think he knows we're a proper club that's been shafted by circumstances.

It would be great to become an Arsenal feeder club and loanee outlet - at least until we get back to the top. We should stay friends with Wenger.

Nonleagueherewecome

Is this like in FM when you try to make fwends with a manager so he loans you some players?

Nonleagueherewecome

Can we have Wilshere for a bit? Get him some match fitness? Aw, go on Arsene, you know you want to ;)

RichieGunns

I remember Wenger saying in an article that he always looked forward to Cov vs Arsenal games. I can't remember the reason though. Might have been something to do with us being a proper club. I've also seen him quoted as saying that he's saddened by what's happened to us and hopes we can turn it around.

It was just after we drew them in the cup that the article came out.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I like Wenger. Many people thing he's a winger (as in whiner not wide midfielder :) ). And I'm pleased to know he likes us too. Maybe when his days are finished at Arsenal he might consider being our 12th manager? Maybe.

Please Robins can call on Premiership mangers too, especially ones of Wengers calibre! Can only benefit us while he's our gaffer

Sick Boy

I am sure that Wenger once said something about clubs not taking the domestic cups seriously and said something like: 'whatever next, a team like Coventry playing in Europe?!'

hill83

I am sure that Wenger once said something about clubs not taking the domestic cups seriously and said something like: 'whatever next, a team like Coventry playing in Europe?!'

Well true or not, this changes everything. I'm outraged.

Users who are viewing this thread