Robins last year... (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

Imo no, we didn't have anyone that could score last season and he wouldn't have been able to bring anyone in.

Nick

Administrator
I think he would have! Think of those last minute goals and sitting back on leads just to lose.

Some say even Fergie or Mourinho couldnt though!

TheHellion

We had some very fundamental problems last year. We had an incredible knack of throwing away leads, and conceding late goals as well. Combine this with the fact that we didn't score many, it was instantly a recipe for disaster. Our playing style last year wasn't really that effective either, it provided little in the way of forward momentum, and often left us under more pressure because we were not able to attack with pace. I do believe, however, we may have had a better chance of staying up with a manager who had more experience. It is widely accepted that Thorn did not make good use of the subs bench, often we found ourselves reacting to things that had already happened, by which time, of course, it was too late. If we'd have had a manager who could sense the time was needed for a change during a game, maybe we'd have conceded fewer late goals. I think it would still have been tight, but just on the basis of having more experience alone I think would have given us a better chance.

marcus87

Deleui was more of a muppit then thorn, who would of robins brought in? Thorn brought in Nimley who wasent that good tbf

cmoncity

I think he would have kept us up.he would have made um turn up for training and graft not piss about.something thorn thought was acceptable.

Marty

It would have gave us a fighting chance. Thorn was useless and to stubborn/stupid to change tactics until it was too late.

covcity4life

No, Deleui would never have backed him in the transferr market.

Robins wouldn't need backing to keep us up

Murphy, wood, baker, mcsheffrey, Clarke, Christie all play better under him

What makes u think robins wouldn't have got best of bigi, nor wood and nimiley etc?

Thorn neatly kept us up, robins would have done it at a canter

stupot07

Robins wouldn't need backing to keep us up

Murphy, wood, baker, mcsheffrey, Clarke, Christie all play better under him

What makes u think robins wouldn't have got best of bigi, nor wood and nimiley etc?

Thorn neatly kept us up, robins would have done it at a canter
** In a lower league.

stupot07

Very true but they played same in l1 as they did in championship until robins joined

Problem is you look at the strikers, juke apart:

Eastwood and platt are playing league two, ROD and Cody can't get in our first 11 now in league one, and nimely is rotting in man city reserves.

Christie, bigi and Thomas were in their first season of first team football.

And we were only able to bring in 4 outfield players all season and one of those only played 4/5 games.

Although we conceded a lot in the last 15 minutes, overall we weret that bad defensively (6 teams conceded more than us) however we were the lowest scorera in the league. That was our problem, lack of goals.

Robins would have improved us, but I'm not convinced he would have kept us up, we finished 8 points from safety in the end, that's a huge gap. It would all depend on whether he would have been able to bring in the right players and as much as i liked them we needed know how in January not young talents.

covcity4life

Problem is you look at the strikers, juke apart:

Eastwood and platt are playing league two, ROD and Cody can't get in our first 11 now in league one, and nimely is rotting in man city reserves.

Christie, bigi and Thomas were in their first season of first team football.

And we were only able to bring in 4 outfield players all season and one of those only played 4/5 games.

Although we conceded a lot in the last 15 minutes, overall we weret that bad defensively (6 teams conceded more than us) however we were the lowest scorera in the league. That was our problem, lack of goals.

Robins would have improved us, but I'm not convinced he would have kept us up, we finished 8 points from safety in the end, that's a huge gap. It would all depend on whether he would have been able to bring in the right players and as much as i liked them we needed know how in January not young talents.

I get your points , but when we beat hull we were out of relegation zone with 4 games left or something, 8pt gap but misleading

All those last min goals too!

stupot07

I get your points , but when we beat hull we were out of relegation zone with 4 games left or something, 8pt gap but misleading

All those last min goals too!

They did cost us but mainly because we never scored the second to kill a game off.

We did go on a good run but ultimately ran out of steam. Like I said I think robins would have improved us last season, I'm just not convinced we'd have avoided the drop, although I'm sure the points gap would have been smaller - he has worked wonders since he's been here but we have to remember that he has a squad which is one of the top 3-4 wage bills in league one, compared to last season when we had one of the lowest wage bills in the league.

Did we come out of the relegation zone before or after Portsmouth went into admin? I honestly can't remember.

wingy

After Stu or we were buried much earlier,I kept banging on it was'nt enough of a penalty for them as they looked lik they'd beat the drop, for a while at least.

Users who are viewing this thread