robins is always on the ball...why i still have hope (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

"Cyrus Christie flicked off the front foot with a pass, gave it away and then got back like he’s 75 years of age. In all seriousness that’s something he’s got to put right in his play."

any manager who agrees with me must know his stuff:D

to me that sounds like an angry manager,and i expect christie to be dropped

im not huge fan of clarke either so i really really hope robins can draft in a new right back

torchomatic

Out of the two then I'd have Christie every time. Players have off days and all of them make mistakes, so I'm not too worried. However, I wouldn't complain if we had the equivalent of Blair Adams at right-back.

covcity4life

exactly

christie can be solid but ive rarely seen him and though WOW

yes hes young,im not writing him off

but if we can bring in a new RB it could mean difference between promotion and failure this current season

stupot07

Problem is torch, Christies now had 3-4 bad games in a row and he's still very young. He could do with being taking out the firing line for a few games.

Otis

Clarke is the better defender. Christie is better going forwards.

I like them both, but Christie was poor yesterday and truly dreadful against Preston. Time for a change.

Mucca Mad Boys

Out of the two then I'd have Christie every time. Players have off days and all of them make mistakes, so I'm not too worried. However, I wouldn't complain if we had the equivalent of Blair Adams at right-back.

I think Clarke can be just as good as Christie, on his dat. I for one, prefer Christie, but Clarke is better defensively (which may work in his favour considering we leak goals and are pushovers) and crossing. Since the gap isn't too wide between the 2, I'd drop Christie because he's had a string of bad performances.

Grendel

Strangely Clark seemed the one player who thrived under thorn. He looked poor in the few games he played prior to thorn but last season looked a real prospect. This season he seems to have gone backwards again.

We probably need a new experienced full back in truth.

Moff

Its a shame, they both have good qualities that the other doesnt have and equally have faults the other doesnt have so much. I prefer Cyrus, but after yesterdays performance he needs to up his game.

Pity we cant merge them together, but then I wouldnt be too sure about the name Jorus Clarksie, or would it be Cyrdan Chriske? ;)

hill83

I thought they were both pretty good. Now I can see clearly.
Hussey on the other side made them look good.
Now Blair Adams is out there he is making them look poor. He is twice the player.
I'd have Clarke ahead of Christie at the moment, but neither fill me with confidence.

dongonzalos

I like Christie and Clarke however the point if having such a strong squad is when one has a dip in form the other should come in, full of desire to take his chance.

Mucca Mad Boys

Lets not get hasty about this. Both are talented players, and have performed well over the last 18 months. Christie has been good going forward and played well at RB, he's having a dip in fom, that's all, so it's time for Clarke to come in, and show MR and us what he can do.

Why would we waste our scare resources on a new RB when we have 2 good RBs and 1 LB who is only on loan? :facepalm: especially as we need to gather all we've got and go 'all in' on a possible McG deal.

hill83

If a position needs improving, we need to improve it. It wouldn't be a waste. We'll wait and see what Robins does.

stupot07

I like Christie and Clarke however the point if having such a strong squad is when one has a dip in form the other should come in, full of desire to take his chance.

Not really, we have two young inexperienced rightbacks both learning their trade both prone to mistakes. I wouldn't say this is strength in depth.

Warwickhunt

"Cyrus Christie flicked off the front foot with a pass, gave it away and then got back like he’s 75 years of age. In all seriousness that’s something he’s got to put right in his play."

any manager who agrees with me must know his stuff:D

to me that sounds like an angry manager,and i expect christie to be dropped

im not huge fan of clarke either so i really really hope robins can draft in a new right back

So the 8 occasions where Baker made the wrong decision means he should be dropped as well? As far as I know that when the full back goes on a charge the centre back on that side comes over to cover which did not happen when Christe decided to go on the fateful foray:facepalm:

covcity4life

So the 8 occasions where Baker made the wrong decision means he should be dropped as well? As far as I know that when the full back goes on a charge the centre back on that side comes over to cover which did not happen when Christe decided to go on the fateful foray:facepalm:

you should check out the full interview, robins did note that wood covered christie and thus when the ball was saved by murphy there were more strikers than defenders to clear it.

quite simple. christie fucked up

Grendel

Both players are inexperienced. It was an area of concern last season as well and has not been addressed. Strength in depth would include one very experienced player which we do not have in that position.

PVA

Clarke is much more solid defensively. Christie is better going forward.

I think Clarke deserves another go. Christie has been poor for the last week or two.

Bertola

I thought Christie was excellent defensively on Saturday, but yesterday he had a shocker, as did Baker.

Adams was back to normal on the other flank yeterday, whereas first half against MK he was shocking, he did improve a hell of a lot second half though

Users who are viewing this thread