Robins getting tough... (1 Viewer)

InterSkyBlues

Good to see and in all honesty I think the lack of this is discipline is why we are where we are - I'm personally 100% behind Mark and think he is a terrific prospect for us as manager.

wolfie

The more and more I hear about this guy, the more and more I like about him...<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2012/10/09/robins-lays-down-the-law-92746-31995742/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2012/10/09/robins-lays-down-the-law-92746-31995742/</a><br />
<br />
Good work MR. I for one doubted your appointment but after the early indications, I'd be more than happy to hold my hands up and say I might have been wrong to doubt the appointment.<br />
<br />
WM
<br />
<br />one of the annoying things about footballers is when they don't appear to be given the club 100%. So great work mr Robbins u have my full attension. And I may have to apologise if you keep the club going in the right direction as I thought u were a poor choice. Ur proving me wrong and for once I'm glad to be wrong!

RichieGunns

I don't know why but I keep feeling like we have another version of a Young Sir Alex on our hands...

That might just be me feeling optermistic but he did play under and coach under Sir Alex did he not?

Maybe some of the special ones shine has rubbed off on him lol

Glad to hear it. These managers have been to lenient on these lads. They think they can make a bunch of mistakes and cost us the game yet still be in the team next game. Mark Robins is doing great. He's getting the results, he's taking the players to the Ricoh more often so its more like home for the players and now he's putting his foot down and making these players understand that mistakes wont be tollerated. Good job so far Mark. Keep up the good work. MARK ROBINS' SKY BLUE ARMY! :claping hands:

covcity4life

I don't know why but I keep feeling like we have another version of a Young Sir Alex on our hands...

That might just be me feeling optermistic but he did play under and coach under Sir Alex did he not?

well hughes and bruce have done alright in my opinion.

He really is letting it be know that he is the Boss and things are going to go his way. I can't recall anyone coming to the football club and having such an impact on everything. Surely he knew he was getting the job way before it was made public as he was thoroughly prepared.

RichieGunns

He really is letting it be know that he is the Boss and things are going to go his way. I can't recall anyone coming to the football club and having such an impact on everything. Surely he knew he was getting the job way before it was made public as he was thoroughly prepared.

My thoughts exactly Rich...

This whole nonesense about him being 2nd choice was IMO purely guess work by the press...

1nilandwe...

Yup. I doubt even Alex Ferguson would be able to do a better job with this squad. ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

Dowie gave the academy a boot up the backside if I recall-and hired Rioch to firm it up; can't argue with the results of that.

skyblue1523

i said for weeks that we must get MR in and im glad they did i just wish i had a bet on at the time,but i am very happy with the manger. under his leadership things will just get better the players have had it far too easy for the last 18 months undercaretaker control.i like AT but he was no manger stick to what you know.

RichieGunns

Hughes is dreadful.

Probably because he's Welsh!

Hey! No bitching about the Welsh!

I lived in Wales for 5 years and I love the place + I'm part Welsh!

Gary Speed was Welsh and apart from the whole suicide thing, was a very decent manager (and player). Was a very sad moment in football when he died.

lordsummerisle

Hey! No bitching about the Welsh!

I lived in Wales for 5 years and I love the place + I'm part Welsh!

Gary Speed was Welsh and apart from the whole suicide thing, was a very decent manager (and player). Was a very sad moment in football when he died.

I will take your Gary Speed and trump you with a Chris Coleman!

RichieGunns

I will take your Gary Speed and trump you with a Chris Coleman!

Of course theres always going to be bad eggs, but hey i could say the same for a few English Managers in the game.

For instance, i take your Chris Coleman (Former Failed Coventry Manager and current Wales Manager) and give you Steve McClaren (Former Failed England Manager) lol

Why they thought that man was ever good enough to manage England i don't know lol IMO of course ;)

LJC_CCFC

Not sure, he got the fences put up and brought in a couple of players but he didn't really have such a major overhaul as Robins seems to be doing.

Tbf to Aidy he talked the talk and up until late December he walked the walk, then came a crap load of injuries and no January signings so its debatable that he didn't get a fair crack of the whip. Saying that the football was awful and he had supposedly lost the dressing room, whereas Robins is trying to play good football and I couldn't envisage him losing the dressing room.

Tbf to Aidy he talked the talk and up until late December he walked the walk, then came a crap load of injuries and no January signings so its debatable that he didn't get a fair crack of the whip. Saying that the football was awful and he had supposedly lost the dressing room, whereas Robins is trying to play good football and I couldn't envisage him losing the dressing room.

I think if Robins spots a trouble maker that may make him lose the dressing room, they would be out on their ear straight away.

RichieGunns

I agree about the dressing room comment.

Robin's seems to approach management in a calm and collected sort of way with a level of intelligence I've not seen in a city manager for some time. Another thing he's learned from Sir Alex.

I think that the lack of man management isn't just down the Thorn but goes much further back.

It's just another issue that's been a long term fault in our development as a football club and one that Robin's seems to be addressing right from the start.

I can defiantly see Robin's being here for 3 years and more. Hopefully I won't be proved wrong.

CODY!!!

Without having a blacklash from everyone, im not going to look at this through rose tinted glass'

Marks done fantastic so far, but i think you will always have a honey-moon period. Il judge for myself what i think about him come Christmas. I hope im wrong guys and we go on a massive unbeaten run. But being a Cov fan there is always a little bit in the back of my mind saying this cannot be for real. Something HAS to go wrong soon. Like i say, i hope im wrong guys. But the years have proven my theory correct thus far.

Im glad we got Robins, hes a down to earth, levelheaded guy. He knows who is in his plans and who isnt. We've struggled with discipline and Thorn couldnt stamp his mark without upsetting his mates. Which i think the players played on. With Robins, he looks like he doesnt take any shit and wont have dead wood around which is exactly what we need.

BurbageSkyBlues

Robins played under the best manager in English football. He witnessed how he turned that club into the rolling success of the last twenty plus years. He will have learnt a lot, judging by his approach so far.

A good manager will get the best from what he has to work with. Hopefully this will be enough to move us up a division, then it will be up to sisu to maintain the momentum and seize the opportunity, with player investments.

Black6Osprey

People love to make sweeping statements about being the best manager since whoever, blah blah blah. He's been here five minutes, I've not seen us play well yet (wasn't there tonight) but results have been pretty good. He's gone back to a simple system of 4-4-2, 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1 that everyone knows and understands. It gives us a platform to win games from even if we don't play great. I'm happy we are winning but I will wait to say Robins is great until he actually is.

theprince

We all knew fitness and attitude were a big problem here, fitness or lack of it still is. That will take time to get right, how it was ever allowed to get like that is beyond me. Mark Robins will be okay IF allowed to manage his way.

TheHellion

My quote of the day is this. Even the smallest steps in the right direction are themselves steps in the right direction. Big things have small beginnings. So far, we're heading in the right direction. It's important that we keep going in this direction. I've been impressed with the things that have been said by Robins since he came in, and in particular his fines method is something I think will benefit us in the long term. Let's see how things go for the rest of the season.

woody11462

Makes you wonder how things might have been if Robins was brought in by Ranson when the rumours were doing the rounds.

He has made a good start but I also think the progress is slow and steady. Performances have been getting better but still not doing it for 90 mins. We seem to start each game slowly and apprehensively and need a tweak and sone pearls of wisdom at half time before seeing us make an improvement. But we are still getting results, results we wouldn't have ground out back end of last season/start of this!

Users who are viewing this thread