Robbie Rogers (1 Viewer)

kg82

First player to admit he's gay since john fashanu in 1990. Fair play to him. Hope the decision to come out didn't make his decision to retire though, being only 25.

stupot07

A very brave decision, like you kg I hope he hasn't felt compelled to retire because of this.

I find it horrible that players are scared to come out. We were all made equal and tbh, i dont give a shit if a player is gay, it wouldnt affect me, it wouldnt affect someones game if they were gay. Happy that someones had the courage to come out and hope others take his actions as an example. Football shouldnt be about sexuality or colour of skin or anything like that. All that matters is the passion and the talent on that pitch and i hope you guys agree

ajsccfc

Glenn Hysen's son came out as gay while an active player, albeit a few rungs down the Swedish league ladder.

The bad part is that this warranted a BREAKING NEWS thing on Sky, which gives out the wrong impression. Step right up, look at the gay man! It'll hardly convince others that it's not as big a deal as they fear.

kg82

Glad none of you pointed out the "deliberate" mistake! Meant Justin Fashanu.

Ajs, I'm with you. Breaking news makes it sound sordid. It's life now. Nobody should be scared of being who they are.

Glad none of you pointed out the "deliberate" mistake! Meant Justin Fashanu.

Ajs, I'm with you. Breaking news makes it sound sordid. It's life now. Nobody should be scared of being who they are.

I knew who you meant, just focused on the surname lol. Saw it on a programme on BBC 3 once

Users who are viewing this thread