RIP Peter Falk (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just thought I'd let those that remember the actor Peter Falk (Columbo from the 1970's TV series) know, that he has died aged 83. They still show Columbo on TV now and again.
RIP :(
Oh... just one more thing...................

ccfc2011

RIP Peter Falk

columbo tv classic

Disorganised1

My Wife's a big fan of your work

Macca

Only thing was that they showed you the culprit at the start which I didn't like. Mind you had to make it easy for the Yanks. Great character though

rob9872

Liked him and liked the programme but I think "Great actor" is somewhat stretching things.

rob9872

Tbh I don't really rate many as I don't think its that difficult. I appreciate footballers and singers because they do things that I can't do, but is acting really that difficult? I don't know much of Falk's work although according to Wiki he has an extensive Filmography, but on tv interviews I've seen of him, he tlaks and uses the same facial expressions that he uses in Columbo, so is he really acting at all or just reciting words with a few actions thrown in? I hear that people think Sean Bean is a great actor and yet his voice in Sharpe is the same as in When Saturday Comes and various other roles. People have to appear believable and be adaptable to not be typecast. If I was looking for someone that I respected and there aren't many that I think I would choose someone like Anthony Hopkins or Ben Kingsley.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Rob. His facial expression came about because he lost his right eye many years before he took up acting. He was always conscious of it but never allowed it to stand in his way. He was a very good character actor, particularly in early comedy. You need to look at the acting profession a bit more to appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread