RIP John Bradbury (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4439
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4439

At every home match we hear his rocky steady beat.

Whilst I can't say I really 'knew' Brad, he had been part of my life since my days of buying punk records at the Virgin Record shop, which was at the 'bird cage' end of the City Arcade.

John used to ask why I was buying rubbish, and got me to listen to roots reggae instead, something that I do even today. He seemed such a sweet guy.

RIP Brad.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

westcountry_skyblue

Two Members of great bands taken from us today Lemmy and John RIP!!!

Gazolba

I didn't know the guy but I do remember that record shop and the bird cage! RIP (to the man, the shop and Coventry generally).

sky_blue_up_north

Can't believe ‪#‎specials‬ drummer John Bradbury has passed such a nice guy 1st meet him when I DJ at Golden Cross great drummer, only 62 Much to Young

Samo

At every home match we hear his rocky steady beat.

Whilst I can't say I really 'knew' Brad, he had been part of my life since my days of buying punk records at the Virgin Record shop, which was at the 'bird cage' end of the City Arcade.

John used to ask why I was buying rubbish, and got me to listen to roots reggae instead, something that I do even today. He seemed such a sweet guy.

RIP Brad.

edit: I saw him in action as part of the Coventry Automatics a few times - they were always the supporting act at the Locarno (sp?).

Happy memories. RIP John

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't believe ‪#‎specials‬ drummer John Bradbury has passed such a nice guy 1st meet him when I DJ at Golden Cross great drummer, only 62 Much to Young

I was also a resident DJ at the Golden Cross. He always asked me to play anything by Marvin Gaye. This was before they were well known. Such a nice guy. RIP 'Brad'

Johnnythespider

One of the most unique musicians I've ever heard, R.I.P John "brad" Bradbury

mrtrench

He served me when I bought my copy of Gangsters, I played in a band during those years and knew him slightly.

Bernie Rhodes Nose

The Specials offered a soundtrack to my youth and the sound of Captain Rimshot was something "SPECIAL". It's hard to imagine 2016 without two Icon Two Tone legends (The man from Wareika and the lad from Cov). It would be a fitting tribute to both if Hall and co could patch their differences with Dammers. Happy New Year to all!!!

Users who are viewing this thread