Ricoh parking (1 Viewer)

BlueJP

Hi CCFC fans,

I am making my first ever trip to the Ricoh for the Palace game on Tuesday March 6th. I will be driving down and have seen that the only places to park seem to be expensive-looking! One of my mates (who I have since lost touch with) has been a few times and says he has always bagged a free-of-charge space - can anyone give me a bit of inside info as to where I might be able to park without paying? If you do, I will reinvest the money in the CCFC club shop, fanzine and food inside the ground!

Cheers guys.

BenInTurin

Facebook User
I think a lot of people use the tesco car park and buy something in tesco to validate their ticket. There's unofficial parking areas in the neighbourhood areas around the ground, last time I parked they were a fiver. In terms of revinvesting in the club shop I'd keep your money, it's not getting invested in ccfc!

sky_blue_up_north

Not aware of any free parking, its the bane of most CCFC fans, you could risk parking in Tesco right next to the ground, but if the someone on the gate when you come out you need to have spent £25....

Otis

Yep, parked at Tesco before. Last night game there didn't seem to be any security on, If there is then you need to spend a total of £25, which can be from a combination of any of the shops there.

mark82

What about the park & ride? Anyone know how much that is? Never used it myself as normally get someone to drop me at the ground.

Whatever you do don't street park by the ground. It is permit parking only on match days.

Ccfcsj

There is a pub next to the Foleshill Road Fire Station which allows you to park in their car park around the back for £3. About 10 minutes walk to the ground from there.

italiahorse

Secure Coventry Parking and Away Fans Pubs

Hi CCFC fans,

I am making my first ever trip to the Ricoh for the Palace game on Tuesday March 6th. I will be driving down and have seen that the only places to park seem to be expensive-looking! One of my mates (who I have since lost touch with) has been a few times and says he has always bagged a free-of-charge space - can anyone give me a bit of inside info as to where I might be able to park without paying? If you do, I will reinvest the money in the CCFC club shop, fanzine and food inside the ground!

Cheers guys.

Firstly if you buy anything in the ground it goes to the owners of the stadium NOT CCFC.
Away fans do not normally buy from the club shop as it is all Coventry City stuff.

If coming in from M6 and requiring secure/supervised parking plus a quick getaway try

http://www.ricohparking.co.uk

Lots of pubs suitable for away fans around it and £4 on the gate. (£3.95 online/Paypal/Card)

ricohroar

Blackburn road, just off foleshil road, all free, then a 5 min walk up canal and over bridge. you can either pay 50p to walk across the privet land, and go through the muddy way for free.

Delmonte

Blackburn road, just off foleshil road, all free, then a 5 min walk up canal and over bridge. you can either pay 50p to walk across the privet land, and go through the muddy way for free.

That takes ages and is such a faff, 50p is such a joke for a few yards across a car park.

We park in the ROAB club about 10 minutes walk through Tesco car park and have a decent pint before the game.

I think it's £3 but it fills up near kick off time.

And you can have a toilet break halfway in Arena Shopping Centre. ;)

Otis

Was that you, you dirty bastard?

Next time go in one of the cubicles instead of doing your business halfway in the shopping centre. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread