Ricoh naming rights (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Looks like the Ricoh will be called the Ricoh for a short time longer, but wasps won't confirm the timescale of this 'short term' deal.

Wonder if it was Wasps or Ricoh who proposed the short term extension, presumably while a long term (Jaguar) deal is struck?

Ricoh are probably secretly pleased their name will be going from negative or controversial press, but I imagine most will continue to call it 'The Ricoh' even after the expiry of their sponsorship; I know I probably will!

Terry Gibson's perm

Looks like the Ricoh will be called the Ricoh for a short time longer, but wasps won't confirm the timescale of this 'short term' deal.

Wonder if it was Wasps or Ricoh who proposed the short term extension, presumably while a long term (Jaguar) deal is struck?

Ricoh are probably secretly pleased their name will be going from negative or controversial press, but I imagine most will continue to call it 'The Ricoh' even after the expiry of their sponsorship; I know I probably will!

It will take a long time for any new name to work with fans might work ok for the rugby teams followers as they are a bit more used to change,look at Bolton they still play at the Reebok in my eyes I even said arsenal at Highbury the other day. I hope when they change the name they are going to pay for all the brown signs to be changed and not the tax payer

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It will take a long time for any new name to work with fans might work ok for the rugby teams followers as they are a bit more used to change,look at Bolton they still play at the Reebok in my eyes I even said arsenal at Highbury the other day. I hope when they change the name they are going to pay for all the brown signs to be changed and not the tax payer

Asking a bit much there! Council will play into Wasps hands and do all that for them! Probably had it written into the sale documents that they will assist in the rebranding (probably give an excuse of it being part of the regeneration of that side of the city blah blah blah)

letsallsingtogether

Asking a bit much there! Council will play into Wasps hands and do all that for them! Probably had it written into the sale documents that they will assist in the rebranding (probably give an excuse of it being part of the regeneration of that side of the city blah blah blah)
Yawñnn zzzzzzzzzz

Godiva

This could be down to negotiating a deal with us.
Until they know if we will be there for more than two years they can't really calculate the value of the naming rights. Can they?

OffenhamSkyBlue

Be confusing for the folk who are (or were) used to saying "up the Jag"! Given that W*sps' main sponsor is Land Rover, would it be more likely or less that their partner Jag would sponsor the stadium? What about the parent company - the TATA Arena? Say TATA to the W*sps.
Love the way BBC CW are wetting themselves about the prospect of a sell-out for the match tomorrow, not realizing that 3/4 of them will be Tigers fans!

oucho

If I was Wapss, I'd try to agree with any sponsor to pay for the seats to be changed to gold/yellow and black, with sky blue replaced by yellow/gold/black around the stadium, and also the "Sky Blues" and "CCFC" wording spelled out in the seating to be replaced by "Wasps" and "WRFC". For all that we moan about the Ricoh not feeling like home, Wasps fans must still feel like playing in someone else's ground, even though they own it.

italiahorse

If I was Wapss, I'd try to agree with any sponsor to pay for the seats to be changed to gold/yellow and black, with sky blue replaced by yellow/gold/black around the stadium, and also the "Sky Blues" and "CCFC" wording spelled out in the seating to be replaced by "Wasps" and "WRFC". For all that we moan about the Ricoh not feeling like home, Wasps fans must still feel like playing in someone else's ground, even though they own it.

Can't read the seats when Wasps are playing :whistle:

skybluetony176

Said all along that the naming rights could play a big part in us getting the right rent deal at the Ricoh. Football is a much higher profile game than Rugby and CCFC should be rewarded in some way for raising the profile of the Arena thus maximising the price of stadium sponsorship. Our presence would be even more valuable if we were in the championship or premier league.

Last edited:

christonabike

If they remove all the CCFC seats can we have them and use them as temporary stands so we can play at the memorial park and pack them away when we are finished?;)

ccfcway

we aren't going anywhere and nor are Wasps.

Not sure why we don't have yellow and black as our away kit and wasps have sky blue as theirs. Change 2 stands seats to yellow and black with WASPS on it and keep 2 sky blue with CCFC on them.

Simple ?

Johnnythespider

I wonder if we could find a mad scientist to genetically engineer a new breed of sky blue and black striped wasp.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Shouldn't be too difficult to come up with a design for a reversible seat back that could be different colours on each side. We could even patent it and make money selling the rights. I bet JH would like the idea.

lordsummerisle

Not even close, only 22k attendance. With about 10k of that Leicester fans and a few thousands freebies chucked in also.

Full house last year wasn't it?

Crowds dropping like a stone this season, despite them being quite successful on the pitch at the moment.

Sick Boy

That's a bit strange considering that they are one of the leading clubs in Europe; everyone must be distracted by the World Cup

stupot07

Full house last year wasn't it?

Crowds dropping like a stone this season, despite them being quite successful on the pitch at the moment.

Yes last year was a sell out. Losing 33% of your crowd for what should be the biggest fixture of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

Not even close, only 22k attendance. With about 10k of that Leicester fans and a few thousands freebies chucked in also.

69667f1ef1d2e2f573672e7451a1235b.jpg

Yes it was all Leicester fans today.

italiahorse

No one claimed that the majority of them were Leicester fans. Still, keep banging the hypocritical franchise drum.

I wouldn't waste your time on the boring prick.

Just putting out the facts.
Otherwise it becomes a misinformed back slapping session.

stupot07

Just putting out the facts.
Otherwise it becomes a misinformed back slapping session.

What happened to the predicted sell out and the missing 10k from last season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread