Ricoh logo covered up at stadium (1 Viewer)

matesx

My mate just drove past the Ricoh and tells me the signage on roof is covered up in black wrapping.

Anyone heard anything?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Before the last home game they had blocked off outside meaning you weren't not being able to walk underneath where the sign ( behind the goal of the 'home' end) is which looked like it had been damaged in the strong winds.

covey198701

Think it was damaged in the strong winds the other week. Was all cordoned off beneath it at the last home game.

Brylowes

Before the last home game they had blocked off outside meaning you weren't not being able to walk underneath where the sign ( behind the goal of the 'home' end) is which looked like it had been damaged in the strong winds.
There's a Home End behind a goal,
Well I never.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah the o was wobbling like mad

fernandopartridge

It was wobbling the other week, but i don't think that is the reason it's covered up.
Somebody on Facebook says that there is a printing exhibition at the Arena today, but it's being sponsored by one of Ricoh's rivals!
PrintWeekLive! -

Moff

Once the 'L' arrives all but the 'R' will be removed

According to you its been on order for nearly two years. Lets hope they choose a better manufacturer next time.
Still if they added an I and A in between it would describe your statement about some car firm becoming the Stadiums Sponsor all those many months ago. ;)

torchomatic

My mate just drove past the Ricoh and tells me the signage on roof is covered up in black wrapping.

Anyone heard anything?

No, but it would make a hell of a noise in the wind.

stevefloyd

Someone said on facebook that his missus worked there and was told to make sure the logo was covered up on her uniform

Gazolba

They are changing the name to "Not Coventry City's Stadium".

chiefdave

Interesting whether ACL had to ask Ricoh for permission to do this or had to otherwise pay them for it?
Ricoh can't be happy with that can that? Spend millions on naming rights and then when there's an event for your target audience all trace of your brand gets removed.

If I was involved in the negotiations for the next lot of naming rights it would certainly be getting brought up in discussions.

Gazolba

Ricoh can't be happy with that can that? Spend millions on naming rights and then when there's an event for your target audience all trace of your brand gets removed.

If I was involved in the negotiations for the next lot of naming rights it would certainly be getting brought up in discussions.
As if anyone would take a look at the sign and then rush out to buy a Ricoh copier the next week.
They could imprint 'Ricoh' on top of the pies they sell.

Nick

Administrator
Surely everybody will be putting Ricoh Arena in their sat navs and following signs to the Ricoh Arena.

Bit pointless covering up the signs nobody will see once they get inside anyway.

Nick

Administrator
Interesting:

PrintWeekLive! - Venue

With this in mind, drive-times have been carefully considered in the choice of the location, which will be the Ericsson Exhibition Hall at the Wasps Arena, Coventry.

will explain why the Wasps flags have been put out again on those flag posts that aren't suitable for flags ;)

It's going to confuse people trying to find the Wasps Arena.

chiefdave

As if anyone would take a look at the sign and then rush out to buy a Ricoh copier the next week.
They could imprint 'Ricoh' on top of the pies they sell.
Someone better tell the advertising industry. Still one less thing for Fisher to worry about at the new stadium, no need to bother with naming rights as they're worthless.

CJ_covblaze

In 2015 Ricoh agreed to pay a token amount until a new sponsor was found. It was estimated that to de-Ricoh the place it'd cost around 40% of what it would to change everything so ACL decided that was the best way forward. It does seem to be dragging which is odd.

I doubt Ricoh are bothered that much as everyone will call it the Ricoh anyway like they did for the Olympics. Even non Cov people were calling it that.

Users who are viewing this thread