Ricoh gets a train station (1 Viewer)

Gaz

I'd think about getting the train myself BSB I'm in Burbage too.

theprince

Makes buying the football club AND the Ricoh Atena which includes the surrounding area for re-development which is part and parcel of any deal more attractive.

SABBU

That'll be fine for the next Olympics then.....

But seriously, great news, especially for those of us with west midlands all zones train tickets :;)

This may cause problems unless they change the boundaries. At the moment you can travel all the way to Wolverhampton (spit) but not to Bedworth on a centro pass on the train. The Ricoh just falls within the boundary, which in theory means you can travel from Cov but not from Nuneaton or Bedworth with a centro pass to the Ricoh.
I can see a few problems arising unless common sense prevails and it gets sorted.:confused:

theprince

Surely if you live in Beduff you would walk, i know knowledge of geography may be beyond most Beduff-ites but they should be able to get over that.

spwaverley4916

Beduff town centre to Ricoh about 3 miles - about an hours walk. 31mins on the bus number 48 ( including walk from bus stop).

will be approx 5 mins station to station ( not the Bowie album)

The Great Eastern

Going to be good news in getting to the ground from E. Anglia. One change, presumably Nottingham or Leic*ster. Buy cheap train ticket well in advance and sit back not having to endure the poxy car journey. Well that's the theory of it anyway.........

The CableGuy

Hopefully the rest of the scheme (NUCKLE) will be completed as well. A train link from North to South Warwickshire via Cov will benefit the whole area.

The station at the Ricoh alone will take a crap load of traffic off the A444.

Up North Sky Blue

This morning I saw an article in 'RailStaff' (God, my life's exciting..) about the council granting permission for a station serving the Ricoh. Apparently work will start this December and is due to be completed by December 2013. During events it is planned to run four trains an hour from Coventry and two from Nuneaton. I wonder if it will make a difference to attendances? As an ex-pat now in London I'm sure it will make travelling to home games easier for me - I find getting from Cov station to the ground currently a pain (not unbearable but certainly a hassle).

Apologies if this is old news but I hadn't heard it until today

good news for us northern folk

Users who are viewing this thread