Ricoh Boss has QUIT!!! (1 Viewer)

procdoc

The main man at the Ricoh has quit due a difference in opinion regarding the stadium

Sub

The difference of opinion is not between the two shareholders, the council and the Higgs charity.

so who does that leave then ??:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:i wonder :jerkit::jerkit:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
of course you could read it as the guy has enough about him to not accept having income taken off him but to be still expected to improve results so said stuff it. Or perhaps he saw ACL as being shafted and wasnt going to stand for it. Which might tell us something about what is going in the discussions particularly the discussions between the Council and SISU.

Allvey is a very capable Chairman and I didnt realise the remit of ACL was to sell and develop land that the council not ACL owns. Mr Mutton knows exactly what is going on and it takes some leap of faith to believe it has nothing to do with the recent football club discussions.

Do not forget that it is the councils intention to stay and that all the pressure to sell will actually be on the Charity. The meetings last week did not include ACL

I do worry that councillors and politicians are good at what they do but that very few are actually businessmen or commercially aware. Crunch time is coming and I worry if the Council are up to it or that they might be taken in by glitzy promises

just an opinion

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
You know the sort Paxman ........ "we can do this or that for you if you do a little something for us" ...... "we know someone who can make us all lots more money if you do this" ..... "you cant get to the real money if you dont do what we want" ........ "look at these projections, arent they great this is what you should be doing" ............ the sort SISU would/might be making to try and get their own way - the sort most would make to get what they wanted if we are honest but if on the other side should be very wary of

Mr Mutton has gone from saying what a great job ACL are doing to saying it is under performing by 50% ......... should be doing more ........... Given he must have had access to in house budgets etc I wonder where he got that new impression from?

ACL have had to deal with a vastly under performing tenant that has already slashed ACL income in the sense ACL could have achieved more........ they tender and miss out........ they have a six week shut down because of olympics........ it is presently very busy (friend works there) ......... the council havent managed to construct the one thing that makes it really work and opens up the City and its facilities - a train station......all valid reasons why things might be less than optimum, but it is the fault of management at ACL????? the fault of ACL because they cannot attract investment in a recession for land they dont own or lease ????

Seems like a definite shift in opinion at the Council.

Just wonder if this is a way of presenting a case for a different ownership structure........by saying old management didnt perform well enough.......... based on "promises of better" in return for the change in structure

probably me just being too wary but ..............

Last edited:

Godiva

I have no stake at the ACL so I have no feelings invested.
And as the cynical sod I am, I actually see this as promising signs of negotiations moving the way they should -> the club owning part of the stadium and gaining access to new revenue streams.

Mr Mutton may in the past have said the ACL is doing a wonderful job and now changed his view. Maybe - just maybe - he was wrong before and right now?

Otis

Maybe just maybe he was right before but is bending to Sisu against ACL's wishes and is wrong now?

Godiva

Maybe just maybe he was right before but is bending to Sisu against ACL's wishes and is wrong now?

Sure - that's the popular belief and how I think it was meant by OSB. That's why I offered an alternative option.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
sadly Otis i fear that any deal will be in the best interests of SISU first and foremost. I think the best we can hope for is that some of that rubs off on the club too.

It is all about SISU and their clients money when you get down to the basics

WillieStanley

You know the sort Paxman ........ "we can do this or that for you if you do a little something for us" ...... "we know someone who can make us all lots more money if you do this" ..... "you cant get to the real money if you dont do what we want" ........ "look at these projections, arent they great this is what you should be doing" ............ the sort SISU would/might be making to try and get their own way - the sort most would make to get what they wanted if we are honest but if on the other side should be very wary of

As soon as I read that the talks were "Constructive" these statements were exactly what I pictured being pushed at them.

When did Mutton say this? Isn't it true that the Ricoh is the most profitable football stadium in europe for non-football events? I'm sure that a few years ago a team from ACL visited the Nou Camp to give advice and training on how to follow in their footsteps and boost non-football revenue as much as they have.

Last edited:

wingy

THe Sisu effect ,and so the revoving door begins again,Has she bedded mutton or what,tis some conversion ,but then when he opened his mouth earlir in the season ,"over my dead body" the opporotunity was there to out manouvre him.For all the reasons i've posted many many times regarding the arrangement we're in these are the sort of developments i've prayed for,But this will be the substitution of one inequitable arrangement for another ,there is nothing benign in anything they do ,the club will be saddled with a huge mortgage ,or assets will be stripped out and sold off ,they are a hedge fund this is what they do.Maybe this is ACL's and the Councils fault for tieing to the club to such excruciating terms in the first place

ccfcway

sadly Otis i fear that any deal will be in the best interests of SISU first and foremost. I think the best we can hope for is that some of that rubs off on the club too.

It is all about SISU and their clients money when you get down to the basics

yep, it comes to something when you REALLY dont want the owners of your beloved football club to own the ground, but i am very worried we are going to have the most profitable owners in league 2 within 12 months.

65% of turnover goes on wages, rest goes on operating the club, and all arena income, which is owned by SISU, not CCFC goes to SISU and their investors

GULP !!!

Sub

is anybody suprised SISU are under hand and untrust worthy lowlife scum ?? CCFC will be well and truly fooked if they get the stadium!!!! :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Otis

yep, it comes to something when you REALLY dont want the owners of your beloved football club to own the ground, but i am very worried we are going to have the most profitable owners in league 2 within 12 months.

65% of turnover goes on wages, rest goes on operating the club, and all arena income, which is owned by SISU, not CCFC goes to SISU and their investors

GULP !!!

CCFC (whoever the fook they may be) would have to keep going cap in hand to the owners to see if they will fund at all.

As has been said many a time, they really don't care at all the club at all.

Crossing my fingers that this is all for the right reasons and not the reasons that have been alluded to by a few.

ccfcway

just cant see it Otis, they have done NOTHING in teh past few years to show they have an interest in the team..

Its all about real estate and we are "sitting tennants"

Paxman II

...It's all kinda alluding to what i said before. SISU are attempting (as OSB says) to make various 'offers' on the table look reasonable to the council and the long term future of stadium and football club. Nothing wrong in that.
The caveat of course is how that can be structured. Mutton may be persuaded because at the end of the day they need a football club housed there.
Stadium can be owned by anyone for the right price. It goes without saying that whatever the talks suggest either some part ownership or access to revenue streams can only be given to the football club and not as sole right of SISU. At least I hope Mutton and others involved realise this.
Agreements must be placed on the owners (SISU and their various components) that these interest will be paid for over the term of the agreement and will importantly will remain in the interest of CCFC and not SISU long after SISU depart. In other words SISU get whatever it is but can not take it with them. Sell the interest on with the football club to new ownership yes but it will be integral to the football club.

There's a deal here somewhere but it needs to be very transparent so not to become a noose around any new owners or the football club further down the line in years to come. It needs to be manageable and have targets and get out clauses should targets not be met by SISU or any owners in the future.

It's a win win if the agreements are solid. Eventually SISU will depart and have something concrete to offer potential new owners.

I do agree with comments on no train station etc. Have ACL done as good as we all thought? Perhaps not.
there are so many revenue steams that are linked to the football club being apart of the stadium tbf. Ricoh sponsorship would not be there if the football club was not a tenant. yet the footbal club does not get that benefit?

I think all sides need to figure out what's fair, right and proper. For me SISU's arguments will need to be very powerful and sustainable with clear mandate for how any new agreements are transferred on to new ownership and paid back. We can not trust SISU one bit but that's why agreements are just that legally binding. Those binding agreements must be heavily in favour of the Council/Higgs side of the court.
I can't see SISU making such a strong commitment to that extent. So I sense there may be a comprised shorter term agreement that helps SISU's revenue streams for the football club until stable and then they bow out to everyone's satisfaction.

wingy

...It's all kinda alluding to what i said before. SISU are attempting (as OSB says) to make various 'offers' on the table look reasonable to the council and the long term future of stadium and football club. Nothing wrong in that.
The caveat of course is how that can be structured. Mutton may be persuaded because at the end of the day they need a football club housed there.
Stadium can be owned by anyone for the right price. It goes without saying that whatever the talks suggest either some part ownership or access to revenue streams can only be given to the football club and not as sole right of SISU. At least I hope Mutton and others involved realise this.
Agreements must be placed on the owners (SISU and their various components) that these interest will be paid for over the term of the agreement and will importantly will remain in the interest of CCFC and not SISU long after SISU depart. In other words SISU get whatever it is but can not take it with them. Sell the interest on with the football club to new ownership yes but it will be integral to the football club.

There's a deal here somewhere but it needs to be very transparent so not to become a noose around any new owners or the football club further down the line in years to come. It needs to be manageable and have targets and get out clauses should targets not be met by SISU or any owners in the future.

It's a win win if the agreements are solid. Eventually SISU will depart and have something concrete to offer potential new owners.

I do agree with comments on no train station etc. Have ACL done as good as we all thought? Perhaps not.
there are so many revenue steams that are linked to the football club being apart of the stadium tbf. Ricoh sponsorship would not be there if the football club was not a tenant. yet the footbal club does not get that benefit?

I think all sides need to figure out what's fair, right and proper. For me SISU's arguments will need to be very powerful and sustainable with clear mandate for how any new agreements are transferred on to new ownership and paid back. We can not trust SISU one bit but that's why agreements are just that legally binding. Those binding agreements must be heavily in favour of the Council/Higgs side of the court.
I can't see SISU making such a strong commitment to that extent. So I sense there may be a comprised shorter term agreement that helps SISU's revenue streams for the football club until stable and then they bow out to everyone's satisfaction.
You may be right but it would have to be absolutely sacrosanct tied to the club ,possibly through some sort of fan entity.

Sub

what fooks me off the most is they could of spent a little stopped us getting relegated then done all this with the stadium and got their investors a return that way, but no they fucked the club over cut us to the bare bones got us relegated then turn round and so oooohh look we just found 20million down the back of the sofa we will now by the stadium and threaten to liqudate the club to scare the spinless council into letting them get what they wanted from the start. absolute fucking joke, SISU are a complete bunch of :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit: and no the club will not benifit from this the only people that will are SISU investors and the scum that run SISU!!!!

CUS Wyken

what fooks me off the most is they could of spent a little stopped us getting relegated then done all this with the stadium and got their investors a return that way, but no they fucked the club over cut us to the bare bones got us relegated then turn round and so oooohh look we just found 20million down the back of the sofa we will now by the stadium and threaten to liqudate the club to scare the spinless council into letting them get what they wanted from the start. absolute fucking joke, SISU are a complete bunch of :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit: and no the club will not benifit from this the only people that will are SISU investors and the scum that run SISU!!!!

Because SISU wanted it on the cheap... Sad state of affairs but its true.

skyblueinBaku

I don't know the makeup of ACL or the council. But I fear that these negotiations are similar to the football we watched last season - men against boys. Sisu are known as having a tough reputation as sharks in the financial world. If ACL/council do not have people with a similar reputation at the negotiating table, then I think that Sisu will tie them in knots, dazzle them with promises (and we all know what a Sisu promise is worth) and then skin them. I think that the resignation was because he could see this coming and felt powerless to stop it.

It seems more and more likely that Sisu will soon get their hands on part of the Ricoh. This will not be good news for the Sky Blues or the City of Coventry.

ccfcno9

You may be right but it would have to be absolutely sacrosanct tied to the club ,possibly through some sort of fan entity.
At this point do we as supporters get asked to pay for it thinking that we,d been buying part of the Ricoh and not re-embirsing SISU,s investors.

Users who are viewing this thread