Ricoh attendance with the current results & form ? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

10k. It hardly moved under Robins. Probably more like 8k due to bad blood between fans and Sisu.

Wish I was wrong but until we're actually pushing the top 6 consistently I doubt it'd move much regardless of playing style.

SkyBlueSid

I reckon that with results as they have been, we'd be looking at about 12-13000 for this Saturdays' game. (Not Sunday, of course!)

Had we been there under new owners, it could have been 16000 or so.

skybluejelly

11,000, our biggest home attendance in the league was 15,000 last year just after christmas when we had had a cracking run of results..

pusbccfc

Would be bigger than last year.
We are playing better football than under Robins.
14k IMO.

covhead1

20k is a little optimistic, i reckon around 10 to 12k depending who we were playing.

lordsummerisle

8-10k.

Most don't go despite the good form because:

" Ricoh is soulless"
" Car Parking is shit"
" The beer is too warm"
"The pies are too cold"
"The dog ate my debit card"

Baginton

I dont think we'd have this form at the Ricoh, all the boo boys would be out in force slagging off the kids for the smallest errors, heads would drop and points lost !

bigfatronssba

Sky Blue Pete

Such nonsense about the boo boys. Oh no I forgot its only 1500 of the most perfect fans in the world that are now supporting Coventry cobblers

RoboCCFC90

How do players of other clubs cope I wonder?

Why is it only ours that are affected by 'boo boys'?

It's their final and their motivation, everyone comes to the Ricoh and it gives them that extra 10% in their performance.

Monners

12 -14k perhaps. Style of play would be likely to pull a few in. I would of course boo them all for the entire 90 mins as I not a true sky blue (soz - bit frustrated with some)

ccfcmustang

Fluttering above 10,000, Lets not pretend that after a few good results us fans would flood back in our droves. It is 3rd tier football!

coventry&stuff

Not sure why some people are taking offence to the Ricoh boo boys comments. It's not a 'holier than thou' statement by the sixfields scabs, it's an obvious opinion.

Would the boys be playing as well in a quatar full, soulless stadium, where lets be honest most small mistakes were met with groans and moans.

Granted, the football being played is such higher quality that crowd morale wouldn't perhaps be so low, but please believe there is zero negativity at sixfields (again, not a high horse comment).

andyboy81

Such a fucking Stupid Thread!!!!

Sure I read this thread last week.... and the week before... and the week before!!

If I had brought a lottery scratch card then maybe I would have won but I didn't so will never know.

We're NOT playing at the Ricoh at the minute... so will never know

Houdi

Not sure why some people are taking offence to the Ricoh boo boys comments. It's not a 'holier than thou' statement by the sixfields scabs, it's an obvious opinion.

Would the boys be playing as well in a quatar full, soulless stadium, where lets be honest most small mistakes were met with groans and moans.

Granted, the football being played is such higher quality that crowd morale wouldn't perhaps be so low, but please believe there is zero negativity at sixfields (again, not a high horse comment).
Don't see why not.They are apparently playing well in a quarter full,soulless stadium presently.

hill83

It would be standard procedure, around 10-14k I reckon. None of this moving away bollocks would be making us miss home.

jimmyhillsfanclub

We'd only fill it if there was a guarantee of JPT Wembley final ticket included.....

...if not, 15K maximum for 1st game back.....then back to 10K within a few games...

Monners

Never called anyone a scab mate, and never would. I used to get very irritated by the boo boy mentality at games to the point where it almost put me off going at times, and have responded (or bit) on other threads on points from one or two who have come across as a tad holier than thou.

Looking forward to the day when we can all sit in the Ricoh and support a successful team - been a long time, and it may be some time off. Not a pointless thread either, just fans having a conversation. A lot of are feeling a bit touchy at the mo it seems (including yours truly)

bigfatronssba

10k. Our fans despite all the KCIC stuff have never bothered their arse for any sustained period. The drop off on relegation said it all for a lot of them.

When did the team last do well for a sustained period to bring the fans in?

Late 60's is my guess. (Winning 3 games in league 1 isn't a sustained period).

CovFan

I dont think we'd have this form at the Ricoh, all the boo boys would be out in force slagging off the kids for the smallest errors, heads would drop and points lost !

Utter nonsense, did you not notice towards the end of the last season the fans started to not get on players backs? Ryan Haynes debut in particular, the fans were extremely supportive of him and didn't get on his back when he made a mistake in the first 3 minutes

fernandopartridge

When did the team last do well for a sustained period to bring the fans in?

Late 60's is my guess. (Winning 3 games in league 1 isn't a sustained period).

Considering the likes of Stoke City maintain 25k fans in the Premier League despite hardly being called successful, our gates in the Prem years look pretty poor.

bigfatronssba

Considering the likes of Stoke City maintain 25k fans in the Premier League despite hardly being called successful, our gates in the Prem years look pretty poor.

The same Stoke City that were getting 14k in the champ? If that was us you would be calling us fickle.

Stoke City been in the top division for 6 years, look at our attendances in the early 70's and you'll see a similar story.

Users who are viewing this thread