Ricoh Arena train station update (1 Viewer)

hill83

If they pull it out of the bag then fair play to them. All aboard.

stupot07

Great London Midland, London Wasps, now the bloody London Underground.

Let's join Greater London. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
So they haven't actually got a working one yet?

Doesn't there need to be a new platform at cov too?

Grendel

Didn't Rachel Lancaster confirm on CWR this week that the frequency of service will not be increased until the extra platform is built and that they are "hopeful" this will be in 2018?

Grendel

There is more than one solution surely ?
They are also using this idea in Lincolnshire to increase capacity.

The report clearly states the extra platform is needed. Its going to take years. As the only people this inconveniences really aree those who support franchise sport you are fairly happy surely

italiahorse

The report clearly states the extra platform is needed. Its going to take years. As the only people this inconveniences really aree those who support franchise sport you are fairly happy surely

I'm no expert but the existing platform the train goes onto can cope with a lot more carraiges.
I suggest it's more to do with the increase in frequency may make that platform unavailable for other services passing through the station.

I thought football fans wanted this before Wasps fans even had the dream of the Ricoh. Make your mind up !!

Philosorapter

One more time people..

[video=youtube;V1zwBxD2i0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1zwBxD2i0M[/video]

"The Glasgow line, she tells a story..."

Last edited:

Otis

if it stops Wasps fans getting to the ground shouldn't we all be wanting it to continue not dropping off fans and picking them up again?

Nick

Administrator
How will there be three trains an hour?

Why are they doing things like that if it's up to Midlands rail?

Nick

Administrator
Perhaps Midland Rail have said if they had the carriages in their budget they could do it and CCC are sorting it out of their budget ?
So why did she say it's not their job and it won't be them doing anything?

Pointless really. They haven't actually got any of those trains built or anything.

Grendel

Perhaps Midland Rail have said if they had the carriages in their budget they could do it and CCC are sorting it out of their budget ?

Just played the interview from Shane O Connor back. This is pretty shameless spin - the suggestion is its at best 3 years before anything changes. The platform is needed.

Philosorapter

Now, I am never one to ask for freedom of information requests. However, seeing that the Coventry to Nuneaton line had its conception on the 11.05.1987. A little over 28 years ago. The line has added 1 passenger every 57 days or so for each hour peak time.

Colin Knight, Coventry council’s assistant director of transport has said that the line, "even at peak times there are empty seats”.

I would reckon there are empty seats at peak times on the bus route from Coventry to Nuneaton and back as well, and I would call the buses full. I think the problem here maybe is in the difference between a subjective and an objective answer.

Is there anyway we can get the usage of buses and trains at peak time, going from Coventry and Nuneaton and back per hour, and compare the two figures over a significant time-scale etc.

Usage and capacity per hour in peak time for both bus and trains would be good to know going back several years. I have a feeling something is not quite right here.

Last edited:

torchomatic

Otis

Nobody wants then here, but it's done and we need to move on.

Well yeah, fair enough, but we need to either build a new ground or get part of our hands on the Ricoh. The former seems a pipedream and the latter can only happen surely if Wasps struggle so much they actually need us there.

For that to happen the franchise project needs to fail.

ccfc92

Well yeah, fair enough, but we need to either build a new ground or get part of our hands on the Ricoh. The former seems a pipedream and the latter can only happen surely if Wasps struggle so much they actually need us there.

Imagine if we get promoted and buy 50% or all of the Ricoh, this season or next :)

Ahhh, dreams.

Philosorapter

I couldn't agree with you more.

Grendel

How much do you think the Ricoh would be worth if they did?

Whatever the administrator decreed was the best bid on the original lease.

Users who are viewing this thread