Ricoh Arena station update (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Matter of time before Maton gives a statement basically saying you are lying :)

shaggy-it-wasnt-me.jpg

wingy

Have you any Info from Warwick Council re Bermuda Park Issue Simon?
Does that have any baring on the line as a whole?

Captain Dart

shy_tall_knight

Utter shambles is right, councils should manage what they know, roads, schools, bin collections. CCC IMO saw the Ricoh as a pet project a chance to dabble in something new, a chance to be part of something prestigious and were over protective when negotiating with SISU but virtually gave it away to WASPS.

If not resolved soon IMO heads will roll about this - the train station that is, the sale to WASPS - "nobody cares".

Nick

Administrator
I dont think Heads will roll, it seems like they just roll Maton out to effectively say "fuck you" every time

J

Jack Griffin

I dont think Heads will roll, it seems like they just roll Maton out to effectively say "fuck you" every time

It worries me a great deal that he may be the next council leader. Is he or is he not a complete and utter b**end?

Nick

Administrator
It worries me a great deal that he may be the next council leader. Is he or is he not a complete and utter b**end?

To be honest, everytime he speaks or is interviewed in the paper he may as well just be doing this to everybody:

giphy.gif

The thing is who are they answerable to? Seems like they can just say what they want and do what they want

chiefdave

I hope not, they must have a better option than him!

To be honest, everytime he speaks or is interviewed in the paper he may as well just be doing this to everybody:

giphy.gif

The thing is who are they answerable to? Seems like they can just say what they want and do what they want

Did you see him on about council tax yesterday. Apparently its not deceptive to not tell people council tax may go up if we join the combined authority as the bit that goes to CCC won't go up. I'm sure when everyone talks about how much their council tax bill is they always split it up into how much goes to each organisation :jerkit:

They aren't answerable to anyone. The turnout in local elections is stupidly low and how many people are actually paying attention to what they are doing? Even something that I would class as a relatively big story like the sale of the Ricoh passes most people by other than the vaguest of details.

tbf, they ought to be OK with public transport too...

Isn't one of the 'benefits' of the combined authority that they get more control over local transport?

Nick

Administrator
Did you see him on about council tax yesterday. Apparently its not deceptive to not tell people council tax may go up if we join the combined authority as the bit that goes to CCC won't go up. I'm sure when everyone talks about how much their council tax bill is they always split it up into how much goes to each organisation :jerkit:

That's what I mean, it is like he is rolled out just to try and patronise people.

fernandopartridge

I hope not, they must have a better option than him!

They aren't answerable to anyone. The turnout in local elections is stupidly low and how many people are actually paying attention to what they are doing? Even something that I would class as a relatively big story like the sale of the Ricoh passes most people by other than the vaguest of details.

Isn't one of the 'benefits' of the combined authority that they get more control over local transport?

Local transport managed from the other side of the Meriden gap in an uninterrupted conurbation. I'm sure Coventry will be a high priority.

Sick Boy

I thought Maton had a bit of support on here. After all, wasn't their a template going round begging him not to sell the Ricoh to CCFC?

wingy

They're all dancing to Gideons tune.
We're heading Into devolved, federalist system where an unwanted Metro Mayor will be rolled to make apologetic noises when money sent from London doesn't go far enough.
If Its the same set up as Manchester they will be responsible for the health budget as well.
Imagine that,he will be able what level of funding Is required and point the finger If/when Its not enough?
Can someone tell me why we'll need MP's In this Scenario?

letsallsingtogether

I thought Maton had a bit of support on here. After all, wasn't their a template going round begging him not to sell the Ricoh to CCFC?

I believe that was Mutton not Matson?
Oh and it was not to sell to Sisu.

NorthernWisdom

I believe that was Mutton not Matson?
Oh and it was not to sell to Sisu.

I'll say this for Mutton. I may have been critical of his political nous, but hindsight makes me respect him for at least being upfront about his beliefs, which is more than can be said for many others.

Guess it's a case of be careful what you wish for, but I wish he was still in charge. Oh for some straight talking.

letsallsingtogether

I'll say this for Mutton. I may have been critical of his political nous, but hindsight makes me respect him for at least being upfront about his beliefs, which is more than can be said for many others.

Guess it's a case of be careful what you wish for, but I wish he was still in charge. Oh for some straight talking.

Funny how all those that voted in this council are their biggest critics.
If they didn't like the way they ran things then they should have voted differently.
BTW I never voted for them.

Otis

Me too.

At least if the station doesn't open it may put a few Wasps fans off going.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

letsallsingtogether

Me too.

At least if the station doesn't open it may put a few Wasps fans off going.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
Can't see it making much difference for them or us really.
We haven't had a station up till now.
If it had been running and then they closed it down then maybe there would have been some issue's

NorthernWisdom

Can't see it making much difference for them or us really.
We haven't had a station up till now.
If it had been running and then they closed it down then maybe there would have been some issue's

It does open up a fast train from Euston, and then hop on a connection to the Ricoh. If a club were imaginative you could also sell packages of train ticket and match ticket at a discount when combined.

But yeah, tbh no idea how popular it'd be. If Wasps fans are starting routines however, then it's easier to hook them than us who've all got used to not having a station, whether we like it or not!

James Smith

Oh good grief what is their problem? How hard can it be to open a train station?

James Smith

It does open up a fast train from Euston, and then hop on a connection to the Ricoh. If a club were imaginative you could also sell packages of train ticket and match ticket at a discount when combined.

But yeah, tbh no idea how popular it'd be. If Wasps fans are starting routines however, then it's easier to hook them than us who've all got used to not having a station, whether we like it or not!

I would certainly consider a package deal to get to, from and into the Ricoh for a match especially a night kick off.

hill83

Get Lucas up there with a camera, a helmet and a spade. She'll sort it out.

Users who are viewing this thread