Ricoh Arena Pitch (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

Still looks like a park pitch.

StevieM

It will be interesting to see how the roots of the turf take to the soil in little over a weeks growing time. I have visions of the turf "slipping" on the soil under it, like a rug on a polished floor. I know that they use these huge portable sun lamp type things but I'm sure that this really isn't the best time of the year to re-lay a pitch. Fortunately we will be on it before the egg chasers.

chiefdave

It will be interesting to see how the roots of the turf take to the soil in little over a weeks growing time. I have visions of the turf "slipping" on the soil under it, like a rug on a polished floor. I know that they use these huge portable sun lamp type things but I'm sure that this really isn't the best time of the year to re-lay a pitch. Fortunately we will be on it before the egg chasers.

If it doesn't bed in properly what are we looking at. Will we just have a pitch as bad as it had been so far this season or will it be unplayable?

ccfcway

i am sure they know what they are doing.

StevieM

I think that the weather this week will be major factor obviously. Its proper mild tonight but if we have rain and a frost then god knows what the result would be. Need the temperature to stay like it is tonight and hopefully a bit of sun in the daytime.
I'm sure we had a tech pitch when we moved to the Ricoh with under soil heating and a mesh structure to assist with the root system of the turf on top of the soil. Maybe they have managed to secure the new turf to the mesh below the soil somehow similar to the method used on the Desso pitches http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desso_GrassMaster who knows?

Nathccfc

Has anyone been onto the xtragrass website and noticed the Ricoh on there, however a lot of the seats seem to have been taken out?

d0964bbba82cd5d310d2fa34bb78ba90.jpg

That is the Ricoh right?

Captain Dart

Terry Gibson's perm

Has anyone been onto the xtragrass website and noticed the Ricoh on there, however a lot of the seats seem to have been taken out?

d0964bbba82cd5d310d2fa34bb78ba90.jpg

That is the Ricoh right?

Shame they have taken off part of the roof and the scoreboard down as well:whistle:

Nathccfc

By the looks of it, it's an old photo then.. might have thought they could have taken a new picture whilst they were resurfacing it haha! Oh I think I just confirmed that, as the red run off bit isn't there either.. shabby work on their behalf as I thought they could have taken a before and after picture of it now

Raggs

By the looks of it, it's an old photo then.. might have thought they could have taken a new picture whilst they were resurfacing it haha! Oh I think I just confirmed that, as the red run off bit isn't there either.. shabby work on their behalf as I thought they could have taken a before and after picture of it now

The picture on the article is from Xtragrass, the people who laid the first Ricoh pitch (which is what is in the picture). The temporary pitch being laid now is not the same thing, and there are plenty of photos of the before, during and now the after... There'll be a new xtragrass pitch laid over the summer.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The guy overseeing the pitch relaying was on Shane's show on CWR just after 8 am this morning. apparently nothing wrong with the drainage or irrigation the problem was all to do with the top two inches of the pitch which had been under nourished and badly cared for and played on too soon after the event in August

hutch1972

The guy overseeing the pitch relaying was on Shane's show on CWR just after 8 am this morning. apparently nothing wrong with the drainage or irrigation the problem was all to do with the top two inches of the pitch which had been under nourished and badly cared for and played on too soon after the event in August
The pitch was perfect until 3 years ago , you cannot have a decent pitch with one man on a mower and basically that is what we were left with.

Users who are viewing this thread