Ricketts misses final two games (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

Personally think he's been poor for us second half of the season looks like hunt will possibly take his place which is a big no no just give the kids a run out in the next two games got nothing to play for. We look worse with hunt in the side hope Mowbray give the lads trying to push for a place a start instead PUSB

Otis

Personally think he's been poor for us second half of the season looks like hunt will possibly take his place which is a big no no just give the kids a run out in the next two games got nothing to play for. We look worse with hunt in the side hope Mowbray give the lads trying to push for a place a start instead PUSB
That's the good news .....the bad news is the bit where CT are saying Stephen Hunt will replace him.

:(

Isn't that like saying you escaped the clutches of Hitler, but as you run away you are nabbed by Stalin?

slowpoke

He's getting on a bit now I wonder if he will even be here next season as our captain I've been disappointed in what he gives. I very rarely see him shouting at his teammates and looking passionate like he wants to win. A captain of the team should dominate and be strong he's not unfortunately

stupot07

I'll be really pissed off if hunt plays ahead of one of the kids who have done so well for the u21's. Looking at the u21 squads Hunts not even been playing for them either.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Otis

I'll be really pissed off if hub plays ahead of one of the kids who have done so well for the u21's. Looking at the u21 squads Hunts not even been playing for them either.

Agree. Play one of the kids.

Pointless picking Hunt.

ollyservetta

I'll be really pissed off if hub plays ahead of one of the kids who have done so well for the u21's. Looking at the u21 squads Hunts not even been playing for them either.

The way I see it ,if he don't give hub players the chance for the last couple of games , then that's the head up to what to expect next season , and I'm personally up to my limit with watching shit football with no end product ,paying towards peoples wages that don't know what a days hard graft is . I can no longer justify throwing good hard earnt money at a lost cause

Specs WT-R75

All i say is this. If a player plays last two games who is then released at the end of the season then TM hasn't a clue...

Terry Gibson's perm

Why not play the Kelly Evsns twin that plays on the left,Harries or even the young Irish lad that they have offered a deal to rather than Hunt who will be gone in the summer.

Terry Gibson's perm

The left back who won the award for that free kick should get a go! Looked decent V Arsenal youth and would offer more than Hunt!

Chris Camwell thought it might be a bit unfair of me to put him in front of the other two as they are a bit older and also I am friends with Chris and his dad:whistle: big City fan Chris he was sitting behind me at Port Vale

steve82

I am so pleased to see this headline. Finally he sercumbs to injury to rule him out!! Was the only way he would not feature, as there is not a chance TM was gonna drop him and he's not interested enough to get suspended!
I agree with the feeling on here let's see what a few of the youngster can offer and give them valuable experience.
Harris should have a run out, as a replacement for Stephens, Stephenson a sub replacement for fleck, and G Thomas should have x2 90 mins now.

skybluegod

I am so pleased to see this headline. Finally he sercumbs to injury to rule him out!! Was the only way he would not feature, as there is not a chance TM was gonna drop him and he's not interested enough to get suspended!
I agree with the feeling on here let's see what a few of the youngster can offer and give them valuable experience.
Harris should have a run out, as a replacement for Stephens, Stephenson a sub replacement for fleck, and G Thomas should have x2 90 mins now.

Think we should attempt to get Arma his 20 goals as he deserves it, so maybe give G. Thomas some game time with him, but would still like to see Arma play.

Nick

Administrator
I hope hunt doesn't come in for him.

It would be interesting to be at Ryton to see if him, Henderson etc even bother turning up there.

olderskyblue

We have let quite a few goals in from crosses to the area where Rickets should be defending. As an experienced player, I expect him to be solid in defending those situations. He isn't.

steve82

Think we should attempt to get Arma his 20 goals as he deserves it, so maybe give G. Thomas some game time with him, but would still like to see Arma play.

I do agree, it would look very good to both parties to send him back with the 20 goal tag and what we could offer another loan striker the opportunity of next year and were clearly going to have loans again being a league one side. ( hopefully not the full quota again tho as this hampered our recruitment efforts in January.)

fernandopartridge

I think Ricketts hasn't been great but then hasn't been that bad either. His versatility has certainly helped, I don't necessarily think it's his fault he's played more games than anybody else.

ceetee

Agree that we should play someone who's likely to be around next year, rather than Hunt. I haven't got anything against Hunt but I don't expect him here next season.

While it would be nice for Armstrong to get his 20th goal, he's already had his chance and he's unlikely to be here next season either, especially if Newcastle are playing in Championship.

oucho

It would be interesting to be at Ryton to see if him, Henderson etc even bother turning up there.

Course they are, they're all part of the same team.

Like others, I'd like to see a youngster given a chance. Knowing Mogga though, he will want to put a "strong" team out to win the game if poss, even though promotion has gone, rather than treat is an exhibition-style chance to give the kids a runout. Just my hunch.

I also suspect TM will keep Ricketts in the summer on another year, probably only as backup but as an elder statesman and for squad continuity / dressing room leadership purposes.

steve82

I also suspect TM will keep Ricketts in the summer on another year, probably only as backup but as an elder statesman and for squad continuity / dressing room leadership purposes.[/QUOTE]

I fear the same, everything he don't offer on the pitch. Plus the word is he's doing his coaching badges too I've this horrible feeling he's gonna be offered a role with the view to move into some coaching role.

no_loyalty

Play Willis, even if he is only 60-70% match fit he will still be a better option than Hunt

Otis

A 60% match fit player is a lot more likely to have a breakdown. Think he needs to go on the bench at best for Saturday and maybe be back in for the last game.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Brylowes

A 60% match fit player is a lot more likely to have a breakdown. Think he needs to go on the bench at best for Saturday and maybe be back in for the last game.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk
I'm a 60% un-fit supporter , and this team gives me a breakdown.

Users who are viewing this thread