Richard Wood (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

CHESTERFIELD want injured Coventry City defender Richard Wood, reports claim.

The former Sheffield Wednesday centre-back has not played for the Sky Blues since February due to a knee injury - watching from the stands as Andy Thorn's side got relegated from the Championship.

Until his injury, the 26-year-old had made 19 appearances for City last season.

However The Star reports that Chesterfield are keen to take advantage of the Sky Blues relegation - and well-documented financial situation - by making a summer move for Wood.

The paper reports that Spireites owner Dave Allen is thought to be a big admirer of Wood.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...sip/2012/05/28/92746-31061979/?#ixzz1wAWu6DxL

Sub

The paper reports that Spireites owner Dave Allen is thought to be a big admirer of Wood.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:;):D:eek::eek:

ccfcjohn

will there be anyone in the club that doest get linked with a move away over the next few weeks!!!!!

PVA

There's probably some truth in this. They made a loan bid for him in January I believe.

SkyBlueJohnso

i just commected on another post the lack of goals in the squad, Cody will get goals if he stays fit and handle the pressure/expectations of being the only striker we've got.
ROD looks like he'll be gone befor ethe season starts, Jeffers looks good in the academy, and may well be ok, not sure i can see him playing with Cody though - hope they prove me wrong
Macca will get a few, maybe even double figures if he has an injury free season

Just looked at the top 6 League 1 sides - they averaged 81 goals scored, lets hope Cody gets close to 20, maybe 10 from Macca - any ideas where the other 50 will come from? a couple each from bell and Baker, centre halfs will get a couple from set pieces, Cody's strike partnre may get 10, at best i reckon 45-50 goals in the side at present.

Desperately needed are a creative midfielder who can get goals, and a decent striker to partner Cody up front, someone proven at Lg1 as a minimum preferably CHampionship level.

ccfc_Tom

Can't see us selling him to them. He's championship standard defender in my opinion (for a crap champ team) need to hold onto him - physical and scores the odd goal.

Grendel

Can't see us selling him to them. He's championship standard defender in my opinion (for a crap champ team) need to hold onto him - physical and scores the odd goal.

Agreed also I would think is being paid a lot more than they could offer.

kepit 2 yusen

I think having anything to do with Coventry City puts years on you! Poor old Thorny did not look at all his age by the end of season. It's a miserable, painful, dissapointing (beyond belief), pitiful existence. Football was meant to be fun with lows and highs. We don't get out of the sewer on that one. I'll stop as I'm close to talking myself out of attending next season. Although Im sky blue, have seriously considered taking an interest from a distance and following a club who care about their team and fans ! That's after supporting Cov nearly all my life.

WillieStanley

However The Star reports that Chesterfield are keen to take advantage of the Sky Blues relegation - and well-documented financial situation - by making a summer move for Wood.

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...sip/2012/05/28/92746-31061979/?#ixzz1wAWu6DxL

Well documented? By who? By saying my garden is "a bit of a mess" and then taking misleading press releases from my weeds doesn't make the actual state of my garden "well documented"

[Edit: I actually have a fine garden with veg and all sorts]

Users who are viewing this thread