Richard Money (1 Viewer)

The Philosopher

When the regular "Sack Pressley" / "Next Manager" / "Nobody would come here because of SISU" threads come up, Richard Money is occasionally mentioned.

Watching his team tonight against Man Utd, with Chris Dunn involved, prompted a quick look at his managerial Stats.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Money

Not a lot wrong with those. Good experience, here (literally) and abroad.

If I remember correctly, he left CCFC after Roland Nilson was appointed over him, claiming that the (team that had been doing well post WGS with RN as Caretaker) was his (RM) and why give the job to "him" (RN).

These are hazy memories so I don't mind being stood corrected if need be.

Anyway, he has a good understanding of the importance of a youth set-up, pivotal to here.

Ironically, had a team with a note-worthy defensive record until he had Fox and Dann sold away from him.

I've kept an eye on his career and have been mildly bemused every time RM seems to get considered and then we go for Andy Thorn, or SP, or some other character.

ecky

I thought he had his team set up very well last night, and his players could pass tackle and were creative.
The goal keeper wasn't bad either

When pressley is sacked today he would be an ideal replacement.

Whether he would come here is another matter.

The Philosopher

I think you are right, he has applied on a number if occasions. Perhaps he sees this as unfinished business and knows the potential of the club.

The only "black mark" that he had is when he had a go at Luton fans in order to defend his players.

See that - DEFEND his players.

SP has no problem in blaming them, making them outcasts, de-motivating them.

Do you know what - let's not mess about and let's get RM in.

SkyBlueRuffian

I thought he had his team set up very well last night, and his players could pass tackle and were creative.
The goal keeper wasn't bad either

When pressley is sacked today he would be an ideal replacement.

Whether he would come here is another matter.
Ha ha I like that, come on Yeovil!!

SkyblueBazza

Good god! Whilst I do not dispute RMs record & even thought he would be a worthwhile punt when he applied here - some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves.
Actually wanting your team to lose & your manager to be sacked???
That is far worse than any action by any fan that went & watched inside Sickfields imo.

PUSB

The Philosopher

I'd get RM in and not sack SP tbh. We will have to pay him anyway so may as well keep him around to look after the reserves or do some opposition scouting or whatever. SP is still quite a young manager, if he has any class about him he would stand aside and support a more experienced professional.

I wouldn't mind if we sacrificed the wage of say, Tudgay and Webster in order to pay for RM.

Never want us to lose, but hate it when a lucky win is put down to the "genius" of SP. If we win, it will simply be luck in my opinion.

WestEndAgro

Good god! Whilst I do not dispute RMs record & even thought he would be a worthwhile punt when he applied here - some of you need to take a long hard look at yourselves.
That is far worse than any action by any fan that went & watched inside Sickfields imo.

PUSB

Wrong ! going to Sixfields was Treason

Last edited:
H

Huckerby

Less treason, more weak and selfish. As much as that will probably anger you

Astute

PUSB

I would happily swap a defeat today if it got rid of SP. Good chance we will lose anyway. Onwards and upwards once he has gone.

Wheelfass

My Brother-in-Law is a season ticket holder at Cambridge Utd and by a real turn of good luck I was able to go to last nights game. The whole place is buzzing with not just last nights results but with the whole set up and turn around in their fortunes. They have a chairman in Dave Doggett who is extremely approachable and who even knowing that I am a die-hard Sky Blue has engaged in a football conversation with me that lasted for more than 30 minutes. He has the best of all intentions possible for their club and the PR from them is first class. What Richard Money has done for the team is monumental they also have a very active youth academy. They also have real plans for a redevelopment of the Abbey Stadium.
Would Richard Money come and manage us and work under OUR chairman and OUR owners Sisu. What do you think?

The Philosopher

My Brother-in-Law is a season ticket holder at Cambridge Utd and by a real turn of good luck I was able to go to last nights game. The whole place is buzzing with not just last nights results but with the whole set up and turn around in their fortunes. They have a chairman in Dave Doggett who is extremely approachable and who even knowing that I am a die-hard Sky Blue has engaged in a football conversation with me that lasted for more than 30 minutes. He has the best of all intentions possible for their club and the PR from them is first class. What Richard Money has done for the team is monumental they also have a very active youth academy. They also have real plans for a redevelopment of the Abbey Stadium.
Would Richard Money come and manage us and work under OUR chairman and OUR owners Sisu. What do you think?

I think he would. It's a chicken and egg thing. This club is at the "bottom of the business cycle" I.e. On it's arse.

Massive potential, undeniable.

Bit of spark and we could gain investment, impetus and really go on a roll.

Closest comparison club to look up to is Southampton. Built a new ground, went wrong, down and out, kept youth infrastructure together, rose up again.

We have to stay positive, I think that the Council will somehow be duty bound to invest in helping CCFC build a new stadium and I the back of that we can go forward.

In short, Richard Money is more likely to create a spark than SP.

Would he come? I think he would.

stupot07

I think he would. It's a chicken and egg thing. This club is at the "bottom of the business cycle" I.e. On it's arse.

Massive potential, undeniable.

Closest comparison club to look up to is Southampton. Built a new ground, went wrong, down and out, kept youth infrastructure together, rose up again.

We have to stay positive, I think that the Council will somehow be duty bound to invest in helping CCFC build a new stadium and I the back of that we can go forward.

I don't think they will, Lucas said they want the city to become the first proper Rubgy City, we're way down their list of priorities,

Southampton is probably comparable, but they rose up not because of keeping they youth infrastructure but because a billionaire bought them when they went into admin - they had the biggest financial clout in league one both in transfers and wages. Then they got promoted from the championship they had the second highest wage bill (£29m) in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Sky Blue Kid

But wanting your team to lose in the vain hope the manager will be sacked is perfectly alright? PUSB
I think if CCFC were to take a good hiding, safe in the knowledge that it would definately get rid of SP. 82% of posters on this forum that voted, would take it without batting an eyelid.......In the case of taking CCFC out of Coventry as WEA pointed out is massively unforgivable on the owners part.

skybluetony176

I think he would. It's a chicken and egg thing. This club is at the "bottom of the business cycle" I.e. On it's arse.Massive potential, undeniable.

We ain't there yet.

Moff

I always liked Richard Money. He ran the yout set up well and on Nillson being given the job as manager, after Strachans departure, was appointed his number two.

They did very well, the club was on course for the play offs, and then Mcginnity made one of his monumental cock ups (this was the prelude to the later one in appointing Peter reid) when he moved Money aside and brought in that complete arse Jim Smith to assist Nillson. Obviously what followed was poor results and missing out on the play offs, Nillson got sacked and Money followed him out.

Money applied for the job a couple of times after, and I wish he had been given a chance. He can develop players, has a good eye and knowledge of players in the lower leagues and seems to know what he is doing. If I remember correctly he went for it when we chose Coleman....another great choice by Ranson and SISU.

Alan Dugdale

Yes Money was Nilsson's assistant, but McGinnity got rid because he claimed that Money was sympathetic to Bryan Richardson and was reporting back to him. Jim Smith was then forced on Nilsson, and from then on and being in a play off position I don't think we won a game for the rest of the season. That was our best shot at returning to the Prem and turned out to be a pivotal decision in our continued decline to where we find ourselves now.

Grendel

Yes Money was Nilsson's assistant, but McGinnity got rid because he claimed that Money was sympathetic to Bryan Richardson and was reporting back to him. Jim Smith was then forced on Nilsson, and from then on and being in a play off position I don't think we won a game for the rest of the season. That was our best shot at returning to the Prem and turned out to be a pivotal decision in our continued decline to where we find ourselves now.

Yes 100% spot on. The following season mcginnity asset stripped beyond belief to protect the creditors on the board. Without doubt the most significant period leading to our demise.

SkyblueBazza

I was firmly NOPM & thought the Hill campaign encouraged our owners as it proved they were prepared travel 35 miles to a home game after-all! Just wouldn't pay to go in. Each to their own on those issues.
Someone used the term "treason" earlier. And those WANTING their team to lose are committing treason in my eyes.

PUSB

Sky Blue Kid

I was firmly NOPM & thought the Hill campaign encouraged our owners as it proved they were prepared travel 35 miles to a home game after-all! Just wouldn't pay to go in. Each to their own on those issues. Someone used the term "treason" earlier. And those WANTING their team to lose are committing treason in my eyes. PUSB
Think you've got the moral side of things wrong Bazza.....I, like you and the Hillers, are NOPM. I never went to the hill, but what they were saying was....maybe there was only 150-200 of us, but just look how much you're missing out on, as is proven on a much larger scale with the SBA on their travels 7k at Mk Dons for example, along with the 1000's travelling on the road to other grounds. I would put to you it wasn't "Encouraging the owners at all" However the ones that entered Sixfields were!

The Philosopher

I knew it was something along those lines. 100% agree, we can't turn the clock back but we can take advantage of RM's possible desire to bury some ghosts. He's applied before, and may apply again should the position become vacant.

As for SP, to become an assistant after being a manager is not unusual (not at the same club I grant you)

Eric Black, Jim Smith, Archie Knox and many others have had Manager roles and then reverted to assistant roles, often for their own long term benefit).

Money in, SP moved aside - no pay off.

SkyblueBazza

Think you've got the moral side of things wrong Bazza.....I, like you and the Hillers, are NOPM. I never went to the hill, but what they were saying was....maybe there was only 150-200 of us, but just look how much you're missing out on, as is proven on a much larger scale with the SBA on their travels 7k at Mk Dons for example, along with the 1000's travelling on the road to other grounds. I would put to you it wasn't "Encouraging the owners at all" However the ones that entered Sixfields were!
I know what they were saying & wasn't questioning morals.
Why I disagreed with them going on the hill was because given TF predicting the fans would come back...paying to go in was going to be a relatively small step in his mind - "just need a good run" they'd start paying to get in & the snowball effect would take place.

PUSB

SkyBlueSid

Wanting your own team to lose is a strange thing to suggest, I agree. But there is a logic to it as those saying so are thinking 'Short term pain, long term gain' if it were to mean a new manager who knew what he was doing. The 3 points lost today would mean a greater points total by the end of the season. It is hardly treason if you are wanting the club to improve. I remember when Reid was manager thinking that the more we lost, the quicker he would be gone - and he was.

The problem now is that, even if we lost 5-0 today, I doubt they would sack Pressley. That is just an indication of the club's lack of ambition at the moment. So every defeat is simply a step nearer Division 4.

Astute

He will not come to our club whilst SISU are still with us. They have no intention of putting Money into our club.

Users who are viewing this thread