Remember the days when we could barely win away from home? (1 Viewer)

The CableGuy

At least MR has eradicated that nonsense (all be it at a lower-level of football). Wins at Oldham, Leyton Orient, huge wins at York and Hartlepool. Good stuff City, more please.

dongonzalos

Remember the days when we released 12 players and signed two goal keepers and a striker. Then played kids who had never even played reserve team football.
This was in the championship. Thank god those days have gone.

Sick Boy

Remember the days when we released 12 players and signed two goal keepers and a striker. Then played kids who had never even played reserve team football.

One of those kids didn't feature all that often over the season and is now playing in the Premier League and Europe.

Grendel

Yawn, yawn. Never mind you can keep playing the Talk Sport link over and over again to keep you warm on a cold winters night.

Brighton Sky Blue

I hope you got some sleep in the end Don.

Sky Blue Sheepy

Remember when we used to cancel training rather than fine those who didn't turn up? Remember when our manager's office was filled with booze, crisps and sweets?

wingy

Remember when we used to cancel training rather than fine those who didn't turn up? Remember when our manager's office was filled with booze, crisps and sweets?

You hav'nt ascribed FACT to this comment ,could you point me to the article or court case over constructive dismissal that brought out into the open this scandalous state of affairs.

dongonzalos

no, I remember a random rumour with no substance pop up on this forum. That I have not heard anywhere else.

The manager who apparently did this, has won his dismissal case. He has since gone on. National media attacking our owners.

So yeah your right it must be true. SISU are acting professionally and turning the other cheek. They have decided to not use this fact when fighting the unfair dismissal case, as it would be nasty to AT.

You are right this must have happened.

Grendel

no, I remember a random rumour with no substance pop up on this forum. That I have not heard anywhere else.

The manager who apparently did this, has won his dismissal case. He has since gone on. National media attacking our owners.

So yeah your right it must be true. SISU are acting professionally and turning the other cheek. They have decided to not use this fact when fighting the unfair dismissal case, as it would be nasty to AT.

You are right this must have happened.

How do you he won the case -- did it go to court? what was the settlement?

dongonzalos

The 46-year-old former Sky Blues boss was represented by the League Managers' Association, with Thorn claiming unfair and constructive dismissal.
COVENTRY City are understood to have agreed a compensation package with sacked manager Andy Thorn.

dongonzalos

The above conversation if he had been turning up to work drunk and cancelling training sessions for that reason. Would be sorry mate you were not unfairly sacked.
Also when he came out on national media after you have paid him for unfairly sacking him and he attacks you.
If he really had turned up to training pissed are you going to pay him and not defend yourself in the media.

It's a bullshit rumour on here with absolutely no substance at all.

That someone has just stuck on here and the anti AT brigade are clinging onto it for dear life. Embarrasing

Grendel

The 46-year-old former Sky Blues boss was represented by the League Managers' Association, with Thorn claiming unfair and constructive dismissal.
COVENTRY City are understood to have agreed a compensation package with sacked manager Andy Thorn.

So they settled out of court then - could have been a months salary then - we don't know - do we?

dongonzalos

Would you settle out of court and pay compensation to someone who would turn up drunk and cancel training because he is pissed.

Is TF the type of person to keep that information to himself. Especially when he has been attaked in national media.

Sick Boy

It's a bullshit rumour on here with absolutely no substance at all.

That someone has just stuck on here and the anti AT brigade are clinging onto it for dear life. Embarrasing

The poster who posted it was hardly 'anti-Thorn'. I would hardly say people are clinging to it either.

Are you related to 'Thorny'? IF he ever worked in management again, would you change allegiance and follow him to his next club?

dongonzalos

Andy Thorn used to come into training at 5 am and leave at 9 pm he was widely regarded as the hardest working person at the club. He hasn't drank for the last 6 months.

dongonzalos

Is that a wind up?

No, I have posted it on here now. So it is fact.

I have no proof for it. However any time any wants to defend Andy Thorn they can feel free to refer to it.

We do that when we want to attack him saying he turned up to work drunk, so why not.

I am going to quote this every time I hear that unfounded allegation.

Last edited:

Sky Blue Sheepy

You hav'nt ascribed FACT to this comment ,could you point me to the article or court case over constructive dismissal that brought out into the open this scandalous state of affairs.
Fair enough the sweets and booze comment, but i swear I remember Ball mentioning the cancelling sessions in an interview shortly after Robins was appointed? Happy to put my hands up if I'm wrong

Last edited:

Sick Boy

I never thought I would say this but....I think it is time that by mentioning Thorn a user is banned from the forum for a week. He is in no way affiliated to the club, he is not a fan and I doubt he will give us much of a second thought. He is not worth speaking about any more and certainly does not deserve to have pages and pages dedicated to him months after being sacked by the club. Hopefully in years to come we can look back at his reign as one of the darkest of CCFC's hours (alongside the incompetence of the regime as well of course).

Last edited:

dongonzalos

I never thought I would say this but....I think it is time that by mentioning Thorn a user is banned from the forum for a week. He is in no way affiliated to the club, he is not a fan and I doubt he will give us much of a second thought. He is not worth speaking about any more and certainly does not deserve to have pages and pages about him months after being sacked by the club.

I would take it a step further an ban anyone who mentions anyone who is not in the current playing staff, a current fan or current employee of the club. Also I would ban general elections.

CJparker

I never thought I would say this but....I think it is time that by mentioning Thorn a user is banned from the forum for a week. He is in no way affiliated to the club, he is not a fan and I doubt he will give us much of a second thought. He is not worth speaking about any more and certainly does not deserve to have pages and pages dedicated to him months after being sacked by the club. Hopefully in years to come we can look back at his reign as one of the darkest of CCFC's hours (alongside the incompetence of the regime as well of course).

Agree with the sentiment if not with the substance. AT left months ago, so we shouldn't really be going over the right and wrongs of his sacking and his record as manager - it's past history; time to put these divisions behind us and look forwards

Users who are viewing this thread