Relegation final stretch , who will stay up (1 Viewer)

Who will stay up

• Derby

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 53 36.8%
  • Rotherham

Votes: 17 11.8%

• Total voters

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Can’t understand why the fans would want McClaren back. Didn’t he have them top of the Championship with about 6 games to go, a big club came in for him, turned his head, and Derby never won another game. Might be a half decent coach, horrendous manager.
Isn’t he the last English manager to win a trophy?

SlowerThanPlatt

Harry Redknapp won the FA Cup with Pompey, assuming you meant in this country.

Who is our best manager atm? Dean Smith or Potter? Gerrard too.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Harry Redknapp won the FA Cup with Pompey, assuming you meant in this country.

Who is our best manager atm? Dean Smith or Potter? Gerrard too.
I meant in England, but I Forgot Redknapp. But yeah he won the league cup with Middlesbrough before taking them to a UEFA Cup final, I would also argue that he didn’t spunk as much cash as Redknapp did to win that cup

McLaren had a disasterous spell as England manager - but he isn’t a horrendous manager. Success-wise, there isn’t many current English managers with his CV. He’s won a top European league, and a league cup. Gerrard is the only current manager with anything near that

Sky Blue Harry H

Love the fact that the weather looks horrible for Saturday (rain). Think that adds to a sense of attrition in the Derby v Wednesday game and increases the odds of a red card?! CCFC on one laptop, with the Derby game on another, with half an eye on it!!

Philosorapter

Just updating the stats here. Glicko-2 still reckons Sheff Weds will stay up after Rotherham drawing with Luton in the week.

21. Sheffield Wednesday (1368)

---
22. Derby (1348)
23. Wycombe (1326)
24. Rotherham (1323)

Hobo

I meant in England, but I Forgot Redknapp. But yeah he won the league cup with Middlesbrough before taking them to a UEFA Cup final, I would also argue that he didn’t spunk as much cash as Redknapp did to win that cup

McLaren had a disasterous spell as England manager - but he isn’t a horrendous manager. Success-wise, there isn’t many current English managers with his CV. He’s won a top European league, and a league cup. Gerrard is the only current manager with anything near that

He may be a bit of a nearly man but Roy Hodgson has a pretty impressive cv across many countries and managed more than one national team. Has kept struggling teams up too which is a different skill set to say a manager winning trophies with Celtic or Rangers.

Users who are viewing this thread