Relegation Battle (1 Viewer)

SkyblueSC

It’s was always going to be tough but everything I’ve seen of them tells me they have a good team spirit and mentality. We all know we have league 1 players but stay up and things might improve there.
All teams have off days but I honestly think they’ll have just about enough. I predict a few surprise wins around the corner.

Marty

Could have been completely different. Constant setting up with negative tactics in games we should be going to win, Forest, Derby & Wednesday we all set up to not lose and it back fired all in those games, we were lucky to come away with the win at Wycombe. This team is more then good enough to stay up but these negative tactics are killing us.

cc84cov

Could have been completely different. Constant setting up with negative tactics in games we should be going to win, Forest, Derby & Wednesday we all set up to not lose and it back fired all in those games, we were lucky to come away with the win at Wycombe. This team is more then good enough to stay up but these negative tactics are killing us.
Exactly that...we should have more points than we have he’s too negative,too cautious doesn’t change things early enough

Cov kid 55

The thing that worries me, is that we’ve played well, and in fact better, than our opponents in many of our games, but we end up losing, or drawing. Reminds me of our relegation from the Premier League, when I thought in many games we played well, but we were brittle, and we know how that ended. I see the same now, we look ‘soft’, brittle, play well, don’t score, and always likely to concede. Plus we have bad luck, which often seems to befall struggling teams. I still think we can survive, but I am now more worried than I have been before. Still, getting injured players back will hopefully help to turn the tide.

SkyblueSC

With the squad he’s got, I think his thinking is get a point at worst and we’ll stay up. Probably doesn’t trust we can be expansive and get enough points. I get it’s frustrating. Killed me watching those games. Was so bad. But we also picked up points with that plan and we’d all take staying up if it comes off. We lost points like that before we shut up shop and went on a decent run. Very tricky. If we don’t stay up then wrong call. Time will tell

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Team expected to be in a relegation battle is in a relegation battle. What a shocker!

You are missing the point entirely. We have seen enough this season to know we can compete. There are various reasons why we are in trouble right now, and one of the main ones is bad tactics and personnel management. The points return we have is significantly poorer than it should be.

I suppose we could all be like you though. Blame the budget on everything and just give up entirely before the season has started.

christonabike

Ball in net full stop. We are busy fools and through no fault of their own not out of their depth but playing at a higher level that we couldnt afford to address pre season. Robins is partly to blame tactic wise but in fairness we all knew finishing 4th from bottom is a success. Let’s get on the bus and go home tomorrow’s another day..
Back in training
Tough games coming up
Need to battle
Players need to be brave
Unlucky with injuries
Not savvy enough
17 games to go
And it sounds like Oggy was commentating in his shit house in Bubbenhall.
Paid £10 to watch it no commentary first half and after 3rd goal went in had a kip and didn’t even look up when we scored.
What’s not to like about today.
👍

procdoc

You are missing the point entirely. We have seen enough this season to know we can compete. There are various reasons why we are in trouble right now, and one of the main ones is bad tactics and personnel management. The points return we have is significantly poorer than it should be.

I suppose we could all be like you though. Blame the budget on everything and just give up entirely before the season has started.
I hadn’t given up before the season started. I just had realistic expectations and if you think the poor budget isn’t the main reason why are where we are then I don’t know what to say. Let’s sack Robins and regurgitate a has been manager like we’ve done in the past as that really worked out well before

Brighton Sky Blue

I don't agree. There were some below par performances and some incidents where players should have been stronger and braver (Marosi and Rose for second goal) but I still saw effort until the final whistle.

Robins himself said it wasn't good enough from a number of players but he kept them on the pitch regardless. Stand by the judgment none of them deserve more than a 5 today

Grendel

Robins himself said it wasn't good enough from a number of players but he kept them on the pitch regardless. Stand by the judgment none of them deserve more than a 5 today

steve gave many a 7

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I hadn’t given up before the season started. I just had realistic expectations and if you think the poor budget isn’t the main reason why are where we are then I don’t know what to say. Let’s sack Robins and regurgitate a has been manager like we’ve done in the past as that really worked out well before

You are being deliberately sensionalist.

I haven't seen anyone asking for the manager out. Most people are just saying that he should be doing better. I agree with that notion.

The budget, whilst leaves us at the bottom not the top, is a great excuse to give the manager a bypass when he is being found out week after week.

mark82

It's not the league position. It's form, endeavour and performance. All very pretty passing the ball around but it's all for nought. It feels like we're not trying to win games.

pastythegreat

It's not the league position. It's form, endeavour and performance. All very pretty passing the ball around but it's all for nought. It feels like we're not trying to win games.
Everytime we won a free kick yesterday, even in the dying minutes, 2 or 3 Cardiff players grabbed at the ball, slowed the game down, stopped us taking the quick free kick. Our players were clearly still in the dressing room while they scored the 3rd. Were so fucking wet its unbelievable.
3 goals down, 15 mins to go, Walker caught offside, boots the ball away. No worries mate, not like we need any urgency or anything. Just run the clock down for Cardiff.
Stoppage time, Marosi free kick, took 3 run ups to it before he finally hit it. Just send the c**t long and put it on the penalty spot ffs!
Its that sort of shit that frustrates people and make it seem like they don't give a fuck. Last season every player played to a certain ethos and played for one another amd the club. This season it looks like most couldn't be arsed. Theyve started a 3rd of games this season like they've already lost and as such have gone on to lose.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

covboy1987

Cannot see negative tactics when we have 66% possession - 21 shots on the opposition goal - hit the wood work again (18 times this season) I would say its someything to do with having many players out injured particulary strikers and very poor defending (the whole defence had an off day) - The manager picked the correct team in my opinion with the players available - One goal would have been good enough to win this game which we scored

Grendel

Cannot see negative tactics when we have 66% possession - 21 shots on the opposition goal - hit the wood work again (18 times this season) I would say its someything to do with having many players out injured particulary strikers and very poor defending (the whole defence had an off day) - The manager picked the correct team in my opinion with the players available - One goal would have been good enough to win this game which we scored

The possession stat is pointless and is not even really possession

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

You can have 100% possession but if all you do is pass it between your defence it's negative.

Most of those shots were after Cardiff were cruising in 2nd gear with the game won and were happy to conserve the energy for the next game. Few of them were on target and those that were never really tested the keeper. If Cardiff had needed to up their game and get at us they had more than enough capability to do so. But they didn't need to.

At what point in that game did you ever think "we're in with a chance of winning this" or even "we've got a chance of getting back into this"?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Quoted by robins aftre game - Woeful defending one goal enough to win game

If my auntie had bollocks she'd be my uncle argument.

They were three nill up just after half time. They had no need to exert any more effort. If they had needed to they could've scored again. Yes, we gifted them goals but they looked far more likely to score anyway.

Nick

Administrator

It worries me how much you don't seem to know about actual football .

stevefloyd

Look yesterday was shit...too many players had off days Hamer James etc. Weds we go again against top of the league then Saturday we play 2nd...whats not to love....gulp !!

Brighton Sky Blue

Look yesterday was shit...too many players had off days Hamer James etc. Weds we go again against top of the league then Saturday we play 2nd...whats not to love....gulp !!

You know ours have already written these games off, maybe I won’t bother watching

Users who are viewing this thread