Relegation battle or not .... (1 Viewer)

Unfortunately I think we will be bottom 6 most of the season. The one possible bright spot is that we have got to have a good run at some period this season. As it hasn't happened yet we have it to come.

Chez78

If Pressley stays in charge then yes and I reckon we'll be down, if he goes then we may escape.

Como

As far as her in doors is concerned we have always been in a relegation battle.

She has lost track of which division.

Gazolba

Let's put it this way, we are much more likely to be involved in a relegation battle that we are to be battling for the playoff spots. It all depends on how bad the teams are below us. Another key factor will be which players leave in January.

Gazolba

... The one possible bright spot is that we have got to have a good run at some period this season. As it hasn't happened yet we have it to come.
We went 7 unbeaten earlier in the season. Can you really see that happening again?

stupot07

Yes, we're in a relegation battle. The league table doesn't lie. January will be key for us, but you have to worry given we nearly always a have a post Christmas slump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covcity4life

last 5 games in league i think its

2 wins (pboro,colchester)
2 draws(walsall,orient)
1 loss (notts country)

wouldnt suggest a relegation battle. and this is in a time where our form is turd.

stupot07

last 5 games in league i think its

2 wins (pboro,colchester)
2 draws(walsall,orient)
1 loss (notts country)

wouldnt suggest a relegation battle. and this is in a time where our form is turd.

And yet our last 6 form has us 15th in the form table. Not quite good enough to drag us out of the relegation battle.

http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-one/2014-2015/form-table/full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Godiva

There are three games we lost deciding where we are atm and how we feel about our chances for a decent season: The defeats at Scunthorpe and Crewe in the league and the defeat to Worchester in the FA cup. Had we won those three games as we really should with the players we have then it would all look so very different.

hill83

I've had a good think and I'd rather not have a relegation battle please.

Thanks x

We went 7 unbeaten earlier in the season. Can you really see that happening again?

No In truth I can't. We had 4 wins one of which was in the JPT and three draws. So whilst it was better than today its not a great run. It needs to be 15 undefeated and ten out of those need to be wins if we are going to challenge for play offs. Can I see that happening? No.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
we are in it at the moment I think but there is time for that to change. Certainly do not see us pushing for promotion, but even that is still possible (but I feel very unlikely).

If we are talking form guide then after 19 games the table doesn't really lie does it 18th is not pushing for the top. 2 wins in the last 12 matches, 7 losses. But I suppose its all the fault of the pitch and the Ricoh, not the players and manager:whistle:

Worrying certainly but we should be ok ........ shouldn't we!!!?

Last edited:
we are in it at the moment I think but there is time for that to change. Certainly do not see us pushing for promotion, but even that is still possible (but I feel very unlikely).

If we are talking form guide then after 19 games the table doesn't really lie does it 18th is not pushing for the top. 2 wins in the last 12 matches, 7 losses. But I suppose its all the fault of the pitch and the Ricoh, not the players and manager:whistle:

Worrying certainly but we should be ok ........ shouldn't we!!!?

Ye we'll be OK. We have Tim & Joy to save us:jerkit::(

SIR ERNIE

poor quality squad of uncommitted loanees which will no doubt be supplemented and replaced by another intake of equally as uncommitted rejects and cast-offs in January.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

33/1 for promotion, 9/2 relegation.

I know where I'd put my £20.

Grendel

poor quality squad of uncommitted loanees which will no doubt be supplemented and replaced by another intake of equally as uncommitted rejects and cast-offs in January.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

33/1 for promotion, 9/2 relegation.

I know where I'd put my £20.

Are you talking about Rochdale or Notts County here?

The Reverend Skyblue

I am trying to stay optimistic but I can't see us scoring enough goals to win the games we need to stay up.
My only hope is Pressley uses the Jan transfer market much better than he has used all the other transfer periods, but I feel thats a slim hope, but being one of the more mature Cov fan I have learnt over the years that you should never lose hope altogether

Last edited:

The Gentleman

As Stupot say's, our post Christmas form is very shaky of late and anything like last season and we're down. It would appear that our owners are going to stick with the hapless Pressley so he has one more transfer window to buy, loan or free well otherwise with the squad we have, again we will go down. The problem we have is that the team do not inspire and with that comes dwindling attendances. That feeds onto the players who are a mix of frees and loans who will begin to lose interest as the fans do. Unfortunately I do not think we will stay up, I would love us to stay up and to push on for promotion but I think there is more chance of a new stadium.

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

I think there are worse teams than us in this league. Even if we play poorly for the majority of the rest of the season, we should have enough to stay up.

James Smith

I'd rather not be wondering whether we're going to be in a relegation battle. It's hard enough to stay positive whilst reading match reports without worrying about relegation too.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
CCFC is just like my missus. Neither will go down.:whistle:

chiefdave

While I don't think our squad is anywhere near as good as last year I don't think it's a squad that should be getting us relegated. That said our form traditionally dips after Xmas and SP seems to struggle to get the best out of the players or be able to get us out of a slump.

Don't think we'll go down but that's more to do with how bad this division is. Think it will be pretty close to the end of the season before we are safe so it could be a nervous few months.

Gazolba

I think there are worse teams than us in this league. Even if we play poorly for the majority of the rest of the season, we should have enough to stay up.

Which is exactly what almost every relegated club manager has said since time immemorial!

italiahorse

Have you attended any matches because I have yet to see a worse team.
The ones I thought looked worse on the day all beat us.

LJC_CCFC

Panic over guys, he has spoken.

e4748b93dcd81ab687b43f5f9b6a0c09.jpg

rupert_bear

We are the worst team I have seen in this division, even that exciting win v Peterbrough the first half was probably the worsed at home this season. We can't score goals thanks to Waggott selling all our goalscorers Clarke, Wilson, Moussa and Baker and we have suspect goalkeepers and that after letting one of the top keepers in this division slip through our fingers. that is relegation material. Alongside that Pressley has recruited 32 new players. how many of them are good enough, 3, 4. if Waggott is genuinely concerned he would jettison the hapless Pressley now and get a new manager in before the end of the transfer window to give us a fighting chance unfortunately that costs money and sisu will not be spending any of that on the team.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread