Relegated before the final (1 Viewer)

Hadji's_Goatee

If we don't win in the next 6 games, then history says we could be mathematically out of it the day before the final.

You need 50 points to stay in this league. That's 1.7 pts per game, the sort of season form that comfortably makes the play offs. Current form over 10 games is 0.2 ppg!

We need 9/10 wins to stay up. If we can't pick up 4 wins in our next 6 games against the teams around us, League 2 is all but inevitable - it's just a matter of when.

Que sera sera.

Otis

Might be a good thing, well from the final perspective anyway.

If we are going down, we are going down.

Oxford are 6 points outside the play-offs and Luton are in the play-offs in League Two.

If we are doomed and all but mathematically down by then, we can concentrate on this one game, play with a bit of freedom. The other two sides will more than likely still be looking at promotion and have one eye on that.

Otis

Yes, exactly.

Let's try like crazy to get safe and away from the bottom 4, but if it isn't going to happen then it might help us for this trophy.

covcity4life

so basically avoid relegation-slade is brilliant
get relegated-dont matter slade is brilliant and we might win cup now

Astute

relegation might be a good thing so that we can win the checkatrade trophy

ok otis.
If we are going down we are going down. But winning at Wembley will at least give us a boost.

Most of us are resigned to relegation anyway.

Otis

No. If we win this trophy then yep, Slade will deserve some praise, but if we get relegated he has to accept that he has failed.

Otis

If he takes us to safety then of course he should be praised for that.

That doesn't necessarily make him the right choice for manager next year though.

Astute

Personally I wouldn't blame Slade if we got relegated. He was up against it from the start. But at least we have hope while we have Beavon playing. Who just happens to be a Slade signing.

Otis

Anyway, haven't got time to chat, I have to go to the station to pick up my train tickets.

41d7c38d7938f6c0b2e4cf0c9e3ee02a.jpg

Otis

Personally I wouldn't blame Slade if we got relegated. He was up against it from the start. But at least we have hope while we have Beavon playing. Who just happens to be a Slade signing.
We need half a dozen more Beavon's though.

Really could have done with him from the start. Might have made a big difference.

covcity4life

you wouldnt blame a manager that so far has 0% win record in league for relegation?

Astute

you wouldnt blame a manager that so far has 0% win record in league for relegation?
Would you say it is his fault with the squad he was left with?

I am not going to decide until I have seen more.

covcity4life

i have already said squad isnt one that hsud be rock bottom and relegated with months to play

venus won 4 out of 5 with them
bar beavon and reilly the squad that he was left with has got us to wembley

but its still a team that slade shouldnt be expected to win with? one he shouldnt be expected to give us a fighting chance of stayingup with? we should just accept relegation because squads so bad?

Otis

He has brought his players in now. We now need to see an improvement.

If not, the whole January window will have been a waste of time.

covcity4life

we havnt won a game with most of his players. only with squad elft over plus beaven and reilly

needs to step it up and bring pts in all facts we will be he made us worse.

Astute

we havnt won a game with most of his players. only with squad elft over plus beaven and reilly

needs to step it up and bring pts in all facts we will be he made us worse.
We need to give him a chance. It isn't over yet.

Either the demonstrations have cost us points or not. Win a couple of games and it all changes. Maybe the semi-final win is the boost we needed.

Astute

omg now its demos as a excuse?

if we gonna be damning on managers please do it to all managers.
Depends what your views on the demonstrations are.

Mowbray fucked up on player recruitment.

Venus didn't have a clue when it all went wrong.

Beavon has made a big difference. But we still need a goalscorer. I am not prepared to ask for Slades head yet.

Astute

Why the attitude problem?

He has signed Beavon. It has improved us up front. Now he is looking for a strike partner for him. Not easy when you can only sign unattached players. If he manages to bring in someone who feeds off Beavon we will start to win games and get out of trouble. We have had a lack of goals all season. Are you blaming Slade for that?

Skyblueweeman

covcity4life...what's been up with you recently?? You've stopped banging on about missing TM but are now having digs at people about Slade. It's like you're bitter about TM going and happy to see Slade fail.

'Knowing you' from this forum for a while, you've normally come across as a decent poster and but recently you've been getting quite aggy with people.

Slade by and large has been shit but he's been in the door 5 minutes. I'm not saying he's the answer but stop with this vendetta you seem to have picked up to justify your sorrow that TM has gone.

Chin up...if I see you at Wembley, I'll give you a hug and buy you a pint.

WM

covcity4life

Oh this is just brilliant. First im a mowbray lover because i defend the notion that he shudnt be held responsible for relegation.

Thrn otis bring sup mowbray fsiling day after wembley abd yet im the troll

And now when i question ppl saying slades 0% win record in league is down to squad and his signings need more time abd the good signings are his and thr bad signingd are not his or deperstion or unlucky and relegation is ok if we win cup and if win cup hes fone amazing and how can i forget slade hasnt eon in league yet becahse of protests!!

And because i question this i now hate slade and dint want cov to win.

Brilliant lads. Brilliant.

Gazolba

If we have to get relegated, we should at least try not to be bottom. There has to be some target to aim for.

covcity4life

had a feeling they wouldnt respond to my post. when its put in black and white they realise how absurd they are

hope this doesnt come across as "aggressive"

Skyblueweeman

Jesus Chris mate, I think you're losing the plot. I was playing football last night and am working this morning. Because I've not responded in no way means I've looked back and thought 'do you know what, my post was absurd and cc4l is on the money'.

I won't bother anymore pal. You're entitled to your thoughts....good luck.

covcity4life

Erm....I'm most definitely not agreeing with you on anything.

Offer of a beer and a hug still stands for Wembley.

ill take you up on it. i have no problem with you

if you think that slades good signings are down to him but bad signings are not down to him,his losses are down to protests,he cant be expected to avoid relegation, winning cup is all down to him etc

then i lose a lil respect for your football knowledge but still have respect for you as a man.

Users who are viewing this thread