Refs (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I know they have a high pressure job but watching match of the day they are really ruining the game!

The villa game was an example, Hutton had his studs up but as he touched the ball first it wasnt a foul?? Then the villa defender gets a red card for nothing?

King got sent off last season for studs up and not being near a player?

Are they all given the same rule book?

gouldberg

Week after week I watch MOTD and the Football League show and week after week I'm left scratching my head over refereeing decisions. They cost teams points every week and they are ruining football.

They need to be made accountable for their actions and a sensible in-game review system needs to be put in place. Why is football too good for a video referee? Cricket has it, Rugby has it, Tennis has it, Basketball has it, American Football has it, Ice Hockey has it, Speedway has it, Golf has it....so why not football?

Something needs to change fast.

Grendel

Week after week I watch MOTD and the Football League show and week after week I'm left scratching my head over refereeing decisions. They cost teams points every week and they are ruining football.

They need to be made accountable for their actions and a sensible in-game review system needs to be put in place. Why is football too good for a video referee? Cricket has it, Rugby has it, Tennis has it, Basketball has it, American Football has it, Ice Hockey has it, Speedway has it, Golf has it....so why not football?

Something needs to change fast.

This ref was bizarre especially his interpretation of the advantage rule but what key decisions did he get wrong today?

Nick

Administrator
Refs are never asked, even when they give goals that never happened nothing comes of it!

Why are they not facing the press saying why they gave a goal that was wide or why they sent somebody off for no reason, or why they send somebody off and not another!

They can do it, get their money and go home!

gouldberg

This ref was bizarre especially his interpretation of the advantage rule but what key decisions did he get wrong today?

He completely ignored a two footed lunge on our of our defenders by a Burnley player after he'd sent Bigi off for something similar. That's a key decision that could have changed the last few minutes of the match. One mistake like that per game (it's becoming very common for the ref to be a talking point) could be the difference between survival this year and League 1 football next.

But also as mentioned by Nick, it's a game-wide issue. Look at the Villa game today. I also watched the Fulham Europa League game...did you see that sending off?! Lampards goal at the world cup....all of these are easily avoidable by adding a review system like Tennis where a team can challenge calls perhaps 3 times per game.

gouldberg

Also, when mistakes like THIS can still happen in the sport....there's something wrong.

[video=youtube;O0YiuSbBdaQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0YiuSbBdaQ[/video]

gouldberg

And oh, what about this....it's the Fulham red card I was on about.

[video=youtube;1SbkP0jtk6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SbkP0jtk6k[/video]

Nick

Administrator
They can just hide behind the fa, it annoys me how the stewards come on at half / full time to get them so players cant question them?

AngryAnt

To be fair to the ref's I think most of them actually want video's in the game. They don't want to be hiding behind the FA and the likes as most of them are fans to start with.

But... They do seem to be losing the plot recently.. We need to be able to do what I believe Italy does, where you can backdate red cards, a lot less people would be diving then if they knew they'd pick a yellow or even a red for it, same for tackles etc.

Untill Septic Bladder is out of the picture though FIFA won't ever let video's near the game as it would "ruin the flow" (my arse).

Marty

I filled in as a ref once for a mate, it was only a sunday league game but the amount of abuse you get from people because they don't agree with a decision is unreal, something i would never do again and can see why theres a shortage and why refs are leaving the game. Maybe it's time for players to stop feigning injury to get others booked or sent off or something similar to rugby where only the captain can approach the ref to discuss issues.

Gaels sending off was justified, it was a 2 footed lunge, by the rules of the game it's a sending off offence, wheather it was ment to cause harm or not doesn't matter. earlier in the thread somebody mentioned a lunge by one of the Burnley players, was that the one on the edge of our box?? if so then it wasn't bad, it was a 50/50 ball that both players went in hard for. both the players went in pritty much the same which was in a controlled way but hard.

The Villa sending off was down to the linesman, the ref didn't see it and was willing to let the play carry on, it was the linesman who brought it to the attention of the ref.

Don't agree that refs should be made to come out and say why they done what they did, they are going to make mistakes and we all see the game differently, as long as they are fair to both sides then i have no problem with them.

gouldberg

Oh dear, is anyone watching a certain Mr.Foy refereeing the Chelsea game?

1 very questionable red card, Chelsea denied 1 definite penalty and another good shout for one. He's card happy and hasn't a clue.

kdrinkell

Oh dear, is anyone watching a certain Mr.Foy refereeing the Chelsea game?

1 very questionable red card, Chelsea denied 1 definite penalty and another good shout for one. He's card happy and hasn't a clue.

I can't comment on the penalty claim but Boswinger was the last man so he had to go and Drogba jumped in two footed to tackle so am wondering which was questionable ?

gouldberg

The Bosingwa red card should never have been a free kick. They were both in a good race and both were pulling at each other.

Oh, and Terry was just pushed whilst trying to jump for the ball. And the QPR defenders are pulling shirts and are all over David Luiz currently. All of this yet it's Chelsea with 6 booked players. :facepalm:

Shocking refereeing in this game.

kdrinkell

The Bosingwa red card should never have been a free kick. They were both in a good race and both were pulling at each other.

Oh, and Terry was just pushed whilst trying to jump for the ball. And the QPR defenders are pulling shirts and are all over David Luiz currently. All of this yet it's Chelsea with 6 booked players. :facepalm:

Shocking refereeing in this game.

specsavers_uk_animation_studio_c-1.gif

gouldberg

We would've wanted a red card had that been on lukas.

Whether us fans had of wanted it or not it shouldn't have been a free kick. Even the commentators said that.

I've been noticing that a fair bit over the last few weeks actually, commentary teams being highly critical of the referees because their mistakes are becoming more common.

Foy was absolutely shocking today. He handed out 9 yellow cards and 2 red and got key decisions wrong including not awarding Chelsea a penalty that once again the commentators said was a definite.

If a player had of played this poorly he'd be dropped from the squad for the next game, Foy will no doubt be taking charge of yet another top flight game next week. :facepalm:

Covstu

totally agree Brad both were sendings off. Boswinga did not need to do it either as i think he would have won the ball eventually. I dont this luiz's one was a penalty either, he was diving towards the ball before the challege anyway!!

Users who are viewing this thread