Reflection on the day/MacDonald (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Contrary to the usual response of a player leaving a club, the vast majority of the Norwich fans on this particular forum, have been fairly complimentary about McDonald and sound disappointed to see him go;
http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/1/2606068/ShowPost.aspx#2606068
There's plenty more threads about McDonald there as well and the vast majority seem to speak sense and have some knowledge of football rather than the timewaster tw*ts on gmk; 'In terms of what you already have at the club, I would consider him to be infinite times better than that pathetic excuse for a striker Freddy Eastwood......the idea of playing Eastwood and Platt and expecting to stay in the Championship is funny, in a way, because they are both completely sh*te and wouldn't look out of place in the Leyton Orient'

I think some people need to look at the signing in perspective:

1. Yes,McDonald is only proven in League Two,but we were allegedly chasing Le Fondre and he likewise is only proven in league 2 however we do not have the funds to sign proven championship goalscorers, like billy sharp or danny graham, we can only afford to buy players from lower leagues and take a gamble.
  2. I, like many other fans, am disappointed that we lost Turner today,especially for such a poor fee however I believe the funds from that departure have funded the purchase for mcdonald; time (and GOALS!) will only prove if that was a wise move. Turner could play a few games for them and spend the rest of the season back on the sidelines again whereas this fella could step upto the mark and adjust to the champ.
  3. We've managed to keep hold of Jutkiewiecz, he's not a world beater,but he's all we've got at the moment,could partner up quite well with this lad who's regarded by norwich and gillingham fans as a good finisher and a grafter.
  4. This signing alone has not kept us in the league,we've still got a long hard season ahead,regardless of whether this lad is just another eastwood,at least we've got more competition in the squad. I'm praying that we somehow scrape a couple of decent loan signings. There's still a good couple of free agents out there,but whether we can afford their wages is another matter.
  5. Hope people give the lad a chance and don't expect we've signed a wayne rooney and I'm still very f***ed off with sisu,regardless of mcdonald or not,but I suppose it's a minor millimeter into the right direction

cov_russell

Facebook User
Turner is not such a big loss due to our relative depth in defence and I guess only time will tell with McDonald so I'll give you my verdict in a couple of months on him :whistle:.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

cov_russel, precisely what I was trying to say, could prove to be an astute signing,you never know, this still hasn't changed anything for me really with sisu

Astute

Sorry but It wasn't me who signed him.

shmmeee

I think everyone agrees we could afford to lose a CB or two, but less than a million for Turner is a disgraceful piece of business. I hope there's some enourmous sell on involved because I see him going for £5m in a year or two.

cov_russell

Facebook User
We should have got more but we're labelled as a club who need to sell atm so we will always get less than we deserve.

Disorganised1

could be a burger of a signing. :D

Otis

I think everyone agrees we could afford to lose a CB or two, but less than a million for Turner is a disgraceful piece of business. I hope there's some enourmous sell on involved because I see him going for £5m in a year or two.

If the £750,000 is to be believed then that is indeed a disgraceful piece of business!

Otis

Well if that's true that will be more acceptable. He was our best defender though.

Sub

SISU have had a good month for taking money from sales, turner, dann, gunnason there share holders will be happy just wonder how many we will send out on loan in the loan wondow :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

PhilWasn'tBabb

I don't see Turner as a big loss, he was dreadful under coleman ... do people remember that ... ? he had 10 or 15 games at the start of last season and he was great, then he's been injured since. fee was about right for me.

singers_pore

Hopefully if Cody turns out to be a big success then SISU will realize that it can make money AND move up the table by trading on AT's recommendations.
That's the only way for a club like us.

Users who are viewing this thread