Reece Brown Loan Watch (1 Viewer)

The Hole

Hello all, I come in peace.

I am the creator of a Manchester United website called Stretford End Arising.

The website runs a monthly feature that follows the progress of United's players on loan. Here is an example: http://www.stretfordendarising.com/youth/2011/12/09/novembers-loan-watch-robbie-brady-at-hull-city/

With Reece Brown spending a season on loan at Coventry City I wonder if anyone is interested in participating in the loan watch feature?

Please PM me if you or you know someone that may be interested?

To the site owner, a link to skybluestalk.co.uk will be included in the published article.

Cheers,
Andrew

Gaz

I think it's too early at the moment to give a view on the lad. IMO

skyblueman

The website runs a monthly feature that follows the progress of United's players on loan. Here is an example: http://www.stretfordendarising.com/youth/2011/12/09/novembers-loan-watch-robbie-brady-at-hull-city/

With Reece Brown spending a season on loan at Coventry City I wonder if anyone is interested in participating in the loan watch feature?

To the site owner, a link to skybluestalk.co.uk will be included in the published article.

Cheers,
Andrew

This is going to be fun :D

Diehard Si

Hi there. You might get a more positive response once he's had a few more games for us as his first few have been fairly poor.

The Hole

Loan watch is a monthly feature. I was hoping someone could write a regular monthly report on Brown's performances after the final game of each month.

Last edited:

pusbccfc

Is this the same site that wrote about Norwood?
Welcome back if so!

shmmeee

I'm not reliable enough to do this. But I have a genuine question on behalf of City fans: is this kid only on your books because of his brother? Because he is not a footballer.

Ashdown

Thats a bit harsh to say the least Shmeee. Yes he had a nightmare at Yeovil and in his first 45 mins at the Ricoh but he improved vastly in the second half. Give him 10 games to adjust and settle in and then judge him.

Perryccfc

Personally I don't think he's a defender. He seems more of a midfield player. His first touch was good and when he actually concentrated and got his head down he played some really good passes. Where u usually see full backs smash it up the line he repeatedly played a ball along the long into the channel to feet. As a defender he looked panicky and was constantly out of position. Where as when he got forward he looked more assured of himself. I bet in a few years this lad will be playing central midfield. Just my opinion

Skyblue Lad

Cant really say just yet he may start to pick up but so far he hasnt had the best start for the sky blues and if clarke is fit then brown would be on the bench for me

shmmeee

Thats a bit harsh to say the least Shmeee. Yes he had a nightmare at Yeovil and in his first 45 mins at the Ricoh but he improved vastly in the second half. Give him 10 games to adjust and settle in and then judge him.

I admit I was a bit OTT for effect.

I really hope you're right, but the guy I saw at the Ricoh was making schoolboy error after schoolboy error. Put it this way: he's older an more experienced than either Clarke or Christie were when they first played for us and he looks far worse. It surprised me that this is so considering Man Utds famous youth set up. Therefore the only conclusion I can draw is that if his brother hadn't come through he wouldn't be there.

Edit: I also worry that playing him ahead of the likes of Willis and the new signings is bad for the players who are actually contracted to the club.

Covstu

He was very poor on Tuesday nevermind the saturday game! He guy couldnt pass for starters! I am hoping he needs a few games to adapt to the league and he will settle down, i have not been impressed so far but i am certainly not out to kill the guy as i think he will be okay (not great, but okay!)

theprince

He is not a centre-half, he's a midfield player but as usual our potty manager has to try everyone at centre-half first. The trouble is our a lot of our dimwit supporters expect every player who comes in on loan from Man. Utd to be a George Best, the truth is he is a kid with little experiance, but has ability, i suspect he will struggle for a bit until he gets used to this division which is full of willey old foxes. As i said earlier IMO he should be in midfield.

hill83

He's not been great. But he's not been as bad as a few are making out. He's been constantly slated by people near me at both games so far. Standard procedure.

Astute

He should get better, but so far he has looked just like we are....poor

ashbyjan

Prince - If AT had signed Best he would first try him at centre back, then full back before declaring he has had a brainwave and feels he is best suited to being an attacker.

League1Tour

You may want to read this for a more honest none sitting on the fence view.

http://www.gmkonline.com/?page=forum&forum_id=6&thread_id=28822

shy_tall_knight

Reece will never play for Man U first team. He is 21 in a few months time and although he may improve would rather let our own players such as Jordan Willis have a run out.

Otis

He has been very poor thus far. It's not just the league and cup games by all accounts either. Reports from the friendlies have been saying he has been awful too.

Needs to show a vast, vast improvement. His heading, passing, touch and skills of possession seen lacking.

Besides that he's been fine.

CJparker

i saw him at Nuneaton, Dagenham, Yeovil and on Tuesday, and I honestly don't know why people are being so negative, he wasn't that bad at all. Either that, or my eyesight is worse than I think it is...

Sutty

He is not a centre-half, he's a midfield player but as usual our potty manager has to try everyone at centre-half first. The trouble is our a lot of our dimwit supporters expect every player who comes in on loan from Man. Utd to be a George Best, the truth is he is a kid with little experiance, but has ability, i suspect he will struggle for a bit until he gets used to this division which is full of willey old foxes. As i said earlier IMO he should be in midfield.

I'm sorry I can't let that bit go.

Brown played at centre half for Oldham during his loan last year. You're just making up something to criticise Thorn. I can't think of one player he's tried at centre back who just isn't a centre back.

There's enough to criticise Thorn about without just making up managerial traits.

shy_tall_knight

I've seen plenty of loanees from big clubs. Warnock was the best followed by Patrridge from Liverpool and Nimley. Chelsea have lent us 3 , PVA did ok, cork not bad, but Lee Sawyer an utter donkey. Man U have lent us Eddie Johnson a reasonable player but was never going to cut it ant Man U. We then had Kerr from Newcastle who joined at went straight into the team play a few times and then slip into football oblivion. What impact does it have on the morale of the squad when we give opportunities to these less than average players just because they are from a big club.

ClarrieB

Cheers,
Andrew

The reason many can't take a view yet is because our side is 'gelling' and will be for some time - if you could put the feature on hold for a while and come back once he's 'gelled' I am sure we can then decide for certain how he's performed until then it's impossible to judge.

Up North Sky Blue

Cheers,
Andrew

hes worse than his brother and thats saying alot, give us Rafael instead?

Users who are viewing this thread