redundancies at the ricoh (1 Viewer)

skyblue1523

how much longer do you think sisu can last no player budget staff to be made the scapegoat for the mismangerment of the board.the only people who need to go is the board they put us in this mess.:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Marty

Off course there is a budget, staff aren't being made the scapegoat, and the current board aren't the ones who put us in this mess. Sisu will be calling the shots.

Sub

so the curent board which are put in by SISU who cut the team to the bone sold or let our best players go for nothing or very little, which then got us relegated, which meens more staff cuts, less income and leads to less investment, which then leads to shop staff and people losing their job? and you tell me its nothing to do with them ?? FFS how can you defend them :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Thing is though our situation is that serious and this is at the moment is part of the process that has to be followed. As yet no one has been made redundant - but if the club didnt follow the correct procedures then they could be open to claims for unfair dismissal.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/engla...cy___procedures_your_employer_must_follow.htm from citizens advice website

leaves a nasty taste I know but this is unfortunately the result of poor management, lack of business plan for five years, and relegation. As well as pointing the finger at SISU (have posted all to often on that ) it could be said the poor performance of the playing side of the club has also contributed to these notices. Seems that the staff will pay the price of the likes of Eastwood downing tools but still picking up thousands per week and for others under performing. You can be assured it never crossed the players minds that others might pay the price of their poor efforts.

The biggest blame still rests with the various Boards and the owners. Dont know what folk expected though with income through the floor and costs exceeding income ...... redundancies in the staff were always going to happen. But if the cost structures are wrong now they were wrong years ago ...... the Board failed to act and failed to protect an essential commodity .... its staff !

Last edited:

valiant15

So getting rid of a few people on the minimum wage will help plug the financial black hole of relegation? This fat slippery sod should resign along with the rest of the useless self serving bastards on the board.

Marty

so the curent board which are put in by SISU who cut the team to the bone sold or let our best players go for nothing or very little, which then got us relegated, which meens more staff cuts, less income and leads to less investment, which then leads to shop staff and people losing their job? and you tell me its nothing to do with them ?? FFS how can you defend them :thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

I'm not defending anybody. For the real issue you have to go right to the top, that in my eyes is Sisu.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Might as well make Waggott redundant for all the transfer activity going on.:thinking about:

Dont think we will need to. The guy has a good reputation in the game and will be in demand. If CCFC do not match what he is trying to do then he will be off

dongonzalos

My own personal experience I have never seen or heard of a company that have served these notices. Then down the line someone did not go. FACT.

However this might be a rare scenario where it may happen. As SISU may be using it as a another blackmail tool to put pressure on the council. They may not go though with it once they get what they want.

Disclaimer for the last comment. I am not on the board for SISU. So the last comment is an opinion. I do not know this for a fact. As I would have to be joy or tim to know it as a fact.
In case any of you think I am joy or tim. This is a quick disclaimer to let you I am not.

However I still would really like to express this opinion and I don't really only want to talk in facts.

Hope that covers it Godiva.

Damn as previously pointed out by duffy my posts are too long and boring as it is, without this disclaimer. :(

Last edited:

torchomatic

Now, I'm not defending SISU or the board here, but you are living in a fantasy world! Link me to ONE story where a failing company chief/managing director or whatever has said "Well, it's not the poor workers fault, I'll go instead". If it has happened it's as rare as a pair of Dodos.

So getting rid of a few people on the minimum wage will help plug the financial black hole of relegation? This fat slippery sod should resign along with the rest of the useless self serving bastards on the board.

torchomatic

Fact? I love it when people put that in their posts as if it is the Word. Something from your own personal experience isn't a fact. I work in the public sector and believe me there have been plenty of redundancies in the organisation with more to go. I applied for my own job three years ago and I will have to do it all again next year too.

My own personal experience I have never seen or heard of a company that have served these notices. Then down the line someone did not go. FACT.

valiant15

Just pissed me off torch that those up in ivory towers always seem to come up smelling of roses. Fisher and his clan will move on to another easy well paid job,while those in the shop etc will struggle to get anything.

Brighton Sky Blue

Now, I'm not defending SISU or the board here, but you are living in a fantasy world! Link me to ONE story where a failing company chief/managing director or whatever has said "Well, it's not the poor workers fault, I'll go instead". If it has happened it's as rare as a pair of Dodos.

Appreciate it's not quite the same, but players voluntarily left Rangers and took considerable pay cuts to protect the jobs of non footballing staff.

SkyBlueJohnso

Appreciate it's not quite the same, but players voluntarily left Rangers and took considerable pay cuts to protect the jobs of non footballing staff.

some of the lads that left Rangers knew they were still leaving behind a decent enough squad, and had other clubs interested. i can't see how any of our players could say that!

Marty

some of the lads that left Rangers knew they were still leaving behind a decent enough squad, and had other clubs interested. i can't see how any of our players could say that!

Would that be because they are a bunch of injury prone moochers??

Brighton Sky Blue

They still forfeited all or a big chunk of their wages to protect jobs. Ben Haim's still loving his £35k a week at Pompey...

torchomatic

Yeah, good on 'em, etc but it's not the same. They are the employees, not the employers. As I stated Fisher and his pals are no different to every other organisation or company in the country. If they were going down the tubes then the workers would go, not those who run the show.

torchomatic

I totally agree, Valiant. Totally. all I was pointing out is that we're no different to any other business in trouble. Those at the sharp end get jettisoned first.

Just pissed me off torch that those up in ivory towers always seem to come up smelling of roses. Fisher and his clan will move on to another easy well paid job,while those in the shop etc will struggle to get anything.

dongonzalos

Torch have a read of the Norwood post. Then you will know what I am getting at. Apparently if you are criticising SISU. You can only talk in facts.

I made a comment about my own personal experience.

I work in the public sector now. Previously I was in the private sector. In both these settings on 4 occasions I have seen these letters. On each occasion people not everyone but people did go.
These experiences of mine are fact so apparently I am allowed to talk about that. :)

Covstu

sadly inevitable, they will simply look at who they can live without whilst trying to maintain some form of service but also who can potentially bring in further income. Can they cut 4 out of 6 in the clubshop and still run a service, sad as it is but yes they can. Can they get rid of a boardmember who could potentially bring in new investors, probably not.

I dont like it but thats the way most organisations will look during these difficult times!

davebart

Fact? I love it when people put that in their posts as if it is the Word. Something from your own personal experience isn't a fact. I work in the public sector and believe me there have been plenty of redundancies in the organisation with more to go. I applied for my own job three years ago and I will have to do it all again next year too.

I think he is perfectly entitled to say his experience is a fact. or FACT.

Doubtless there will be redundancies. It is inevitable.

Nonleagueherewecome

Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word...

Nonleagueherewecome

Btw sure you don't want to work at the weekend Torch? I honestly expect to get there one day soon to find that I am the only person on duty.

Nonleagueherewecome

I totally agree, Valiant. Totally. all I was pointing out is that we're no different to any other business in trouble. Those at the sharp end get jettisoned first.

Fair enough, but Tim and Steve are on a tidy wage and utterly superfluous. Probably very well paid-hell, they are probably our highest paid "players"! They aren't long-term employees like the rest, so surely it would make more business sense to get rid of these spare wheels, rather than the ones without which we, erm..crash?

I wonder how many jobs could have been saved by not hiring and firing a new board every few months? At least if we'd kept Ken we wouldn't have had to pay him off, and by now, SISU would have probably found themselves the subject of an extraordinary FA investigation, such was The Orange One's luminosity.

Last edited:

theprince

in 1987 I worked at a large Coventry factory, and along with about 900 others received notice of redundancy. Dragged on a bit but about 50 of us refused to go, despite all sorts of threats of legal action kept turning up, dug our heels in, didn't do any work for weeks but got paid and eventually were reprieved. Mind you we had trade unions then.

torchomatic

Er...thanks, but no thanks. You're missing me, aren't you!

Btw sure you don't want to work at the weekend Torch? I honestly expect to get there one day soon to find that I am the only person on duty.

torchomatic

A bit like our TWO bosses or our Chief Exec on £190K.
Fair enough, but Tim and Steve are on a tidy wage and utterly superfluous. Probably very well paid-hell, they are probably our highest paid "players"! They aren't long-term employees like the rest, so surely it would make more business sense to get rid of these spare wheels, rather than the ones without which we, erm..crash?

I wonder how many jobs could have been saved by not hiring and firing a new board every few months? At least if we'd kept Ken we wouldn't have had to pay him off, and by now, SISU would have probably found themselves the subject of an extraordinary FA investigation, such was The Orange One's luminosity.

Nonleagueherewecome

Whereas in the Public Sector, we incentivised voluntary redundancies with pay-outs, let too many go, are massively short-staffed and (here's the best bit) now find ourselves having to recruit! Way to waste taxpayers money.

I'm taking the Ultimate Jonah prize, though-when I move into an industry, the whole bleeding sector ceases to be :(

torchomatic

Oh, if only i could give you two likes for that post

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh, if only i could give you two likes for that post

It felt good! Done at home, of course. We had a hilarious moment when the most senior/unlikely person in our workplace ended up stuck FF helping The Public today! "They kept asking me things, I just couldn't get away!" I shall stop now before it gets too off topic-suffice to say, it was a bit like having Onye working in the ticket office or Tim on the turnstiles. Could happen yet, I guess! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread