Reda Johnson - Should He Stay Or Should He Go? (1 Viewer)

Personally i think fans have been reading into this Reda Johnson 'controversy' this week. But it's got me thinking, as this is the first time Reda has come to the forefront of Sky Blues news for months. So for this week's Cooks Question i want to know whether you think Reda Johnson should stay at CCFC, should City give him a new deal, maybe a pay as you play deal, should the club cut their losses or should Reda evan decide to head to pastures new. So whats your view? Drop us a reply and i'll read it out on Thursday's episode of Sports Lounge, live from 10am on 98.6 Hillz FM

no_loyalty

He should go unless he accepts a pay as you play deal, which I don't think he will do

Moff

To be honest if he wasnt spotted at the Wednesday game I would have forgotten he was with us.

ConnorDevine

If he was any other player I wouldn't be bothered but he's supposed to be a leader and a captain, Doncaster was potentially our last game with anything to play for and I think it shows how much the players had lost interest in the campaign. That said I think when he plays he's one of our most passionate players and I don't think this should be taken as an insult.

Also I'd like to keep him, but his injuries paired with our financial state make me think he's off.

higgs

It's worth another gamble signing him up for another year IF we don't he will probably get another team promoted be player of the year and play every game that would sum up our luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

no_loyalty

I hope he receives a too good to turn down offer from Sheff United

SkyBlue_Bear83

Would be crazy not to sign him on a pay as you play if he would accept it
Why? It will just leave the team in the shitter trying to fill the gap when he gets injured. Next season you can't make any emergency loans either so we would just be left with our reserve defenders filling in.

The smart move would be to put his wages towards signing a similar mould of player with a much better appearance record.

ptr

I would deffo take a chance on him. Despite what some idiots say on here he is class at this level, fantastic in both boxes and must be a nightmare to play against and mark. He doesn't want to be out injured been bad luck. If we don't sign him then it's just our luck he will go somewhere else in our division play 40 games and get promoted...

Nick

Administrator
I would deffo take a chance on him. Despite what some idiots say on here he is class at this level, fantastic in both boxes and must be a nightmare to play against and mark. He doesn't want to be out injured been bad luck. If we don't sign him then it's just our luck he will go somewhere else in our division play 40 games and get promoted...
Wasn't this season his chance though?

ptr

Wasn't this season his chance though?

You can hardly say he blew his chance. People forget it's not always a a players fault they are Injured. Rotten luck. Look at his goals to to games ratio it's better than most of our strikers in the last God knows how many years (yes he hasn't played many). we replaced him with turner who helped carry on our good form then look what happened after he got injured. We need him, he stays fit all year then we will have a good year, worth a chance. Only if we find a like for like replacement we should let him go but there isn't many man mountains like that available on a free!

Otis

Was definitely totally against resigning him for another year, but lately he has become so entertaining I now want to see him be given a 4 year contract.

steve82

You can hardly say he blew his chance. People forget it's not always a a players fault they are Injured. Rotten luck. Look at his goals to to games ratio it's better than most of our strikers in the last God knows how many years (yes he hasn't played many). we replaced him with turner who helped carry on our good form then look what happened after he got injured. We need him, he stays fit all year then we will have a good year, worth a chance. Only if we find a like for like replacement we should let him go but there isn't many man mountains like that available on a free!

I agree, I put this injury down to bad luck. I'm sure TM, MV will consult Dave Hart and his team who do the sports science shit and seek there advice on him. We can all see his worth in the pitch, he commands the back line, drives the team forwards, distributes the ball well and is a real threat from set pieces attacking and also defending our own area.
Any deal tho has to be a deal that suits the club, a low basic salary that has appearance triggers in it. I very much doubt he would accept just a pay as you play deal, he would have move concrete offers else where in which case he should leave as its not the deal for us and would leave us exposed again. We still need a insurance, a younger like for like be the ideal scenario.
I've a feeling TM has made his mind up and Ben Turner will be the man to come in

pusbccfc

Let him go, must be on high wages.

stupot07

Its time to say goodbye. I wouldn't take him on a pay as you play deal because its not just about the money but also the disruption in trying to replace him for the majority of the season when he invariably gets injured. We have tried and failed all season. Its not like this is a one off, he's hardly managed to okay any more than 15-20 games a season for the last 7-8 years. Its just too big a risk, and we would be mad to take that risk. People will point to his injury being unlucky, most injuries are, but given his record he is obviouly injury prone and not a quick healer and those types of players will always pick up injuries and miss big chunks of the season. If this was any other player in the squad this wouldn't even be a debate, but reds is seen as some kind of talisman, I look at the top 6 and none of them are reliant on one defender.

Personally I don't think he would take a payp deal anyway.

Thanks reda and good luck

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

stevefloyd

Let him go ..its been said before we need a good centre half who actually is available to play on the pitch any monies being spent on him will lessen our chances of getting a quality replacement so lets cut our losses and say goodbye and good luck

BrisbaneBronco

If we sign Reda again, we will have to sign a similar player as back up, because he will only last a few games. So no point bothering.

SkyBlueSid

If we sign Reda again, we will have to sign a similar player as back up, because he will only last a few games. So no point bothering.
I agree. This is just about what I was saying this time last year.

He had a poor injury record before we signed him so his wasted time here has been no surprise. Some players seem destined to have bodies that just cannot stand up to the stresses of professional sport, no matter how big and strong they look, and how much actual ability they have. He will never be any different so we need to get rid now.

clint van damme

don't care about his antics at Wednesday more concerned with his injury record.

Pay as you play for me.

rupert_bear

Don't see the problem signing him on 12 month deal. He won't be cheap to replace we probably need another as it is so finding two doubles that problem. This injury he had this season was a bit of a freak one to be fair. There's a number on here shouting for us to sign Ben Turner who is no stranger to the treatment table either.

Nick

Administrator
Don't see the problem signing him on 12 month deal. He won't be cheap to replace we probably need another as it is so finding two doubles that problem. This injury he had this season was a bit of a freak one to be fair. There's a number on here shouting for us to sign Ben Turner who is no stranger to the treatment table either.
the same as the problem this year, and last

lifeskyblue

Would love to see turner back here but do worry about the injuries and just how much we would get out of him. As for Reda...perhaps a pay as you play contract. Either of them alongside Martin would make a solid pairing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harvey098

Worth it even on the basis that we'll get 7/8 games and anything more is a bonus. When fit he is the most commanding defender in league 1

Nick

Administrator
People are saying sign him up for the year (also seen somebody say to sign up him on a long term contract) and we get 10 games maximum.

I'd much rather let him go.

Captain Dart

Starbucks will be gutted if he is let go.

phildownunder

Yes we should let him go. As several others have said it`s too likely that he would break down again at some point disrupting the squad.

Better to go after someone with a better chance of playing through a season. Not easy maybe but not impossible.

Hobo

Go we gave him a chance this year.

Users who are viewing this thread