Record home crowd? (1 Viewer)

standupforcity

What's the record home crowd for a 3rd Division/League1 game? I reckon that if the message got through to the missing thousands we'd see in excess of 15,000, the football is so good and we have a manager to get genuinely excited about.

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
I know Southampton had a sell out crowd v Exeter on boxing day a few years back, so that would have been around 30k.

Scottiemc

Hillsborough still holds the record for the highest attendance for a third tier football match. 49,309 spectators turned up on 26 December 1979, when the Owls beat Sheffield United 4–0 in a top of the table clash.

Leeds in recent times when 38,256 was there biggest in League 1 in 07/08

They also got 38,234 in 09/10 the year they won promtion from League 1

standupforcity

Hillsborough still holds the record for the highest attendance for a third tier football match. 49,309 spectators turned up on 26 December 1979, when the Owls beat Sheffield United 4–0 in a top of the table clash.

Leeds in recent times when 38,256 was there biggest in League 1 in 07/08

They also got 38,234 in 09/10 the year they won promtion from League 1

Brilliant response....thank you!

LloydB

City had 36,901 at Highfield Road for the final game of the 63/64 season so the club record is safe as that's more than the Ricoh holds (except for Jehovah's Witness conferences).

Waldorf

City had 36,901 at Highfield Road for the final game of the 63/64 season so the club record is safe as that's more than the Ricoh holds (except for Jehovah's Witness conferences).
It's more than Highfield Rd held as well - as an all seater stadium. I know the numbers being mentioned are official records, but they're not really comparable.

steveo1987

I hope so,15k would be a good effort.Good day out yesterday ash,did you have any trouble in the Wetherspoons ? Heard they closed it

Users who are viewing this thread