Recent post on CT - TIME RUNNING OUT!! (1 Viewer)

glancy89

Im sure in various other threads this topic has come up but im baffled as to why a large bulk of City fans are taking such a negative view on our recent form....from the dreadful times of sixfields, to pinching an away win last game of the season to stay up last season in what is my opinion "a crap league" i think City fans really ought to be looking at this unfortunate run of results as a blip at the right time!!

I believe we still have plenty of winnable games and points up for grabs to secure an automatic push or a decent positioning within the playoff pack.

What the teams needs is that buzz around the ricoh again - no jeering for misplaced passes or booing after draws with top of the table teams - players feed of fans and if the fans are turning up for home games in their droves like our superb away support then im certain we will turn this tight games into wins!

I suspect everyone will not agree with my post but i'd like to hear a valid reason why the fans are negative about adding another option in the attackers (with brute strength and aerial power), two quality defenders and retention of all our players till the end of the season.:thinking about:

Otis

Past history.

We have had such a bad time of things now for 15 years and it has pretty much all been gloom and doom and failure after failure and collapse after collapse.

I'm sure if everyone did believe it was just a blip they would be positive. Obvious fear though, is that it is not!

Too many collapses previously and of course we could be a number of points short of even sixth place come the Fleetwood game.

We have been saying 'blip,' but unfortunately we have now been saying it is a blip for too many games. The so-called blip was not the 3 defetas in a row, but more the only 2 wins in 13 games or whatever it has been.

We win tomorrow we are bang back on course. We lose and we might well not even be in the top 6 and everyone has games to play the following week while we oursleves don't have a game.

All this is coming from someone who has been incredibly positive!!

It's fine to keep saying it's just a blip. But when does a blip turn into a complete slump?

Skyblueweeman

Many are taking a negative view on our recent form as it's been anything but positive when compared to the first few months of the season. That's normal, surely?

As for the winnable games, we've had some recently but didn't win them...

Fingers crossed for 3 points tomorrow...

Otis

Also there is rightly, or wrongly, the notion that teams have now worked out play against us. If that is indeed the case, then we can't just go back to how we were at the start of the season.

We need to adapt and change. Armstrong is now being denied space and is being crowded out and teams now know we create very little from the flanks and try to play through teams.

Henderson could make a big difference, but then I think we all agree that TM won't play 2 up front.

Bottom line is, we need that win tomorrow. Then 4 points from 2 games will look fine and we can build on that. A draw won't be the end of the world, but we have to start winning games and we have to be sharpish about it too!

stevefloyd

We are almost totally relying on an 18 year olds ability to wriggle his way through defences, we are not creating much elsewhere the odd flash here and there from Murphy, if we had goals throughout our team we would be harder to play against but for some reason after our major goal threat and part time goal threat we are not sharing the goals out enough. I would think TM knows more about it than we do but sometimes maybe football managers have blinkers on because we as fans can see whats not happening so why can't they ???? Is it because the modern day footballers are thick and cannot perform how they are asked, obviously ability comes into play but we should have enough quality here to batter some teams or is it managers are just stuck in their ideology of my way sink or swim?

st john

The OP is right though, getting on players backs won't achieve anything at all. Us supporters can make a huge difference by the atmosphere we create during the remaining games.

Otis

The OP is right though, getting on players backs won't achieve anything at all. Us supporters can make a huge difference by the atmosphere we create during the remaining games.
And by the same token, the players can make a huge difference by giving the fans something to cheer!

They most certainly didn't do that last time out against Scunthorpe!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
You cant blame us for getting frustrated either after what weve been through then great start to season now were on a bad run yet burton and teams above us haven't had a bad run like us either then where have we gone wrong. We just want something to finally cheer about really every year same crap so when we had that great start everyone was positive, after this run tho coarse well be bit negative cos we want the team to perform like they di at start season and give us hope but at the moment their not.

st john

To me it's all about the defence. When you have a solid back 4 behind you its much easier to play an attacking flowing game if you have the players capable of doing that. But when our defence went wrong, mainly because of injuries, TM and the team have been much more cautious in their playing tactics resulting in what we have seen in the last few games. I believe we now have the makings of a solid back 4 again, and it showed, IMO in RCC's confident performance last week. I am really hopeful and optimistic about the next couple of games, in the hope that we can re-create the early form. We have 3 new players that can really make the difference needed, plus we have been without either Fleck or Vincelot for the last 3 games. So to me its a bit like the start of the season all over again. Lets see what happens tomorrow and in the next few games.

Otis

To me it's all about the defence. When you have a solid back 4 behind you its much easier to play an attacking flowing game if you have the players capable of doing that. But when our defence went wrong, mainly because of injuries, TM and the team have been much more cautious in their playing tactics resulting in what we have seen in the last few games. I believe we now have the makings of a solid back 4 again, and it showed, IMO in RCC's confident performance last week. I am really hopeful and optimistic about the next couple of games, in the hope that we can re-create the early form. We have 3 new players that can really make the difference needed, plus we have been without either Fleck or Vincelot for the last 3 games. So to me its a bit like the start of the season all over again. Lets see what happens tomorrow and in the next few games.
Yes, defence has suffered, but previously we were creating a number of chances in games and lately we haven't been.

Been problems at both ends of the pitch.

Gazolba

<snip> why a large bulk of City fans are taking such a negative view on our recent form<snip>

If you have to ask a question like that, you must only have half a brain!

rupert_bear

As whole squads go l would sooner have ours than anyone else's including Burton or Wigan. It's down to Tony Mowbray to settle the side bed its new players down and get us moving again, still think we are more than capable to win four or five on the trot, hopefully starting Saturday.

letsallsingtogether

But we have no money and we don't own our ground, we are paying excessive rent the council hate us the telegraph hate us CWR hate us everyone hates us....
Sisu are the only bright light fuck me no wonder we don't believe

lifeskyblue

Apart from the obvious...the poor defensive play, I believe we miss playing an out and out winger. Whilst Kent might not have been as productive as we would have liked he did hug the touch line and stretch the defences. Often teams put two on him leaving more space for Armstrong. The games where Murphy stuck wide were also more positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread