Reasons to be optimistic... (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Dal

Yeah, spending above your means only prolongs the inevitable

Not if it pays off with success on the pitch and that requires investment in today's world of football unfortunately. Remember football is an entertainment bussiness a poor performance can also lead to the loss/reduction of income and the inevitable.

Anyway really really hope what RobbieKeane said is right and these boys come up trump for us to avoid a fate back to league 1.

Last edited:

CanuckSkyBlue

You're joking right? 🤣

If matches weren't postponed, we would have eased through the remaining games. We were unbelievably good.

Unfortunately, at the moment the championship is too much, but we aren't a million miles away. Just need some tweaks and we should be able to stay up.
We would of won the league yes, not sure if we would of eased through all of them.

however, I meant the club as a whole not just the squad last year. Our owners are still dogsh*t and 3 million won’t keep us up.

Last edited:

stevefloyd

3 Million could absolutely keep us up if and a big if we managed to get 3 influencing players, 3 winners a big if I know but its there

PVA

Of our 8 games, 6 have been against current top half teams.

The 2 bottom half teams we've played we've taken 4 points from.

Last night was poor but I'm not panicking at all.

SBT

I'd personally prefer if the club actually existed in 5 years time...

I will happily bet that every single current Championship team will still exist in 5 years time. Even at the current levels of insane spending.

The only team I'd be worried about is us, and we're supposed to be the sustainable ones.

Hobo

Ostigaard, Hamer and Sheaf all look like they have the ability to compete at this level and have the potential to improve.

Rose and Dabo coming back from injury and will soon be up to speed.

Mcfadz and Kelly might not be completely out of their depth at this level as som

For me Godden Shipley Allen O'Hare aren't giving us the attacking threat we need. However it is not through a lack of effort. They seem to be doing a tremendous amount of running to no avail which is soul destroying.

Several people have mentioned fitness. Well with injuries and fixtures I think they need a rest. Muscles need time to recover to achieve fitness. Also there is mental fatigue, especially for young players.

cooperskyblue

We all knew we would lose a lot of games. My concern is the manner we seem to be waiting for the inevitable, absolutely devoid of confidence. We don't take the game to them and it is incredibly frustrating as I think if we did we would look much more of a threat.

mr_monkey

We all knew we would lose a lot of games. My concern is the manner we seem to be waiting for the inevitable, absolutely devoid of confidence. We don't take the game to them and it is incredibly frustrating as I think if we did we would look much more of a threat.

It's also those horrible fine margins that just going against us at the moment, O'Hare takes his chance against Swansea and shiperly takes his chance last night it's a different story and confidence goes up

I think once we get everyone back on the ground and fit we will be fine and stay up which is the only aim for this season and if we manage that it will have a been a successful one

Users who are viewing this thread